Carnival Spirit just back from 9 nights

Hi all just off the Carnival Spirit any questions please ask, overall a good trip but for us we wouldnt sail on her again the 960 children on board was just to many

Talking to guest relations they informed us they do not cap the amount of children:rolleyes:and I can imagen school holidays if we had 960 how many would be on board in the hols:confused:

We also spoke to a security guard about the children running around unacumpanied of an evening and he said he would like to see a curfew that children should be with parents after a certain time or in cabins.

Jacquie

John Heald has advised the following numbers for kids:

Current cruise that left yesterday 6 December - 404

16 December - Xmas cruise - 621

27 December - NYE cruise (my cruise :D) - 459

I have no idea about the January ones..............I'm only concerned about mine :p

And if any of the little brats get in my way on the Green Thunder..........look out! :p:p

Hi all just off the Carnival Spirit any questions please ask, overall a good trip but for us we wouldnt sail on her again the 960 children on board was just to many

Talking to guest relations they informed us they do not cap the amount of children:rolleyes:and I can imagen school holidays if we had 960 how many would be on board in the hols:confused:

We also spoke to a security guard about the children running around unacumpanied of an evening and he said he would like to see a curfew that children should be with parents after a certain time or in cabins.

Jacquie

That would be too many for lots of people. Just looking after my sisters 5 year old and 3 year old twins is hectic enough to know what kids are like!.

Ought to try the P&O UK ones that are child free on thier visits or even Princess have less kids.

I personally think there should be a cap on numbers. Holidays are for everyone but too much of something can spoil it for others.

I have no idea about the January ones..............I'm only concerned about mine :p

And if any of the little brats get in my way on the Green Thunder..........look out! :p:p

Crikey, that is a lot of rug rats, a plague in fact. Debsta, I hope there are no Rug Rats on Solstice this weekend. Rug Rat overboard !

How could anyone have fun with that few kids onboard, Debsta? You quote 'official' figures (the 1st cruise had 579 kids on it) It sounds much more dramatic if you double the official figure & add a couple of hundred. I am sure that none of the kids on your cruise will belong to 'feral' parents so I can't see any brats getting in you way on Green Thunder, & if there were any they will all be in the spa:)

960...YIKES ....

There are many schools that dont even have that many on their entire roll.

If you averaged 20 children per classroom , that would be 48 classes,

48 teachers plus all the support staff that would be needed to look after a school of that size.

Thank you very much for this information.

So it departs from the terminal in Sydney near the other ferries right? By the art gallery?

I was visiting Syd 2 days earlier as the last leg of my vacation and didn't see her in port [since you were obviously at sea].

Any insight on menus? Especially differences in menus from the rest of the Carnival fleet. Was just on the Magic and it was great dining.

we were given that number from security:confused: as I said the cruise was good no complaints only the amount of children, running around the dining room and screaming if they didnt get their own way, we have eight grandchildren so its not like we are not used to noise.

Just the amount of young ones left alone to ride in the lifts for hours dont these parents worry at all? some of them were only about five years old

Jacquie

I was on the Oct 28 cruise (2weeks after school went back) and there were about 650 under 18s on board.

Agree with Jacquie about the amount of kids left to their own devices at all hours.

It has made me think twice about going on the Spirit again:confused:

960...YIKES ....

There are many schools that dont even have that many on their entire roll.

If you averaged 20 children per classroom , that would be 48 classes,

48 teachers plus all the support staff that would be needed to look after a school of that size.

Thank you very much for this information.

True. Not even half. I believe my High School was not even 600. I think the average for schools where I grew up was 300 to 500. As I said I think the number of kids is way too much and there should be a cap on them.

We docked at the cargo port and free shuttles into town and very organised we did see a sign for the train at the cruise centre not sure how much it cost, lots of people outside the cruise centre hawking tours, not the cheese and wine one tho apparantly only the ship do's that one.

Any other questions feel free to ask

Jacquie

With the Spirit do children have to be booked in a cabin with an Adult?

I am pretty sure Carnival USA allows adults to be in one cabin and children in another so many book a balcony and an inside opposite for the kids.

Den

Hi Jacquie

Thanks for the reply- when you say the cargo port, is that different to the cruise centre? When we visited last time on the P & O Dawn, we docked at the cruise centre itself.:)

at Noumea if they have 2 ships in town or they cant dock at the cruise centre they dock at the container wharf and the people get a free shuttle and its only a five minute bus ride to the tourist information centre

Food we found to be quite good and excellent service, the buffet of an evening if you didnt want to dine in the dining room didnt seem to have as much choice as it did of a lunch time.

New tvs, entertaint for us was just ok but thats subjective any way to what you perosonally like, must say the duo in the centrum we found very good and the bar service in this venue was excellent the bar tenders remembered are names and we only went in the evening for a couple of cocktails they were so strong couldnt drink any more.try the long island iced tea really nice:D

Cabins really nice and bathrooms quite spacious

Jacquie

Archived