FL Resident Special Misinformation

Rottweiler Puppy

I was going to give Carnival another try in March with my family. For a while I quit looking because they are run by knuckleheads and still cannot find my past cruise history. I did 2 within the last year. Idiots. Oh well. I gave up on that.

Anyway. I already booked NCL for my stepdaughters and I just got off Princess last week, but want to try the Breeze with my sons. I cant book past guest since acccording to Carnival I never sailed with them before. (no I am not going to call them a dozen times again I shouldnt have to after the first call)

Well they have a special for Florida residents and it says you can pick your room. But its BS. you cant.

Looks like it says you get to pick your room, right?

fmkklv.png

I choose the selection and it never gives you an option to choose a room anywhere, it then goes to ..

29kowvs.png

After that it wants booking and billing info. Is this normal? Am I misinterpreting the check mark that says "choose your room"? Or is Carnival being typical Carnival and has its info wrong? Its got to be me as there is no way they are that disorganized. I prefer to think its me at this point.

I really want to book this but not until Carnival gets its act together. First they cant find my past guest info, now this. Its really becomming a bummer.:(

I think it may be that you have 3 travelers and

there are none available with the pullman bed.

It may give you the option if you select 2 travelers.

I would call Carnival and ask this question,

maybe they will let you book it and then

you can call them for the cabin assignment.

They do this with a lot of their other rates too. It used to do this with the "More=Merrier" rate on some cruises and on others it would go straight to the step that allows you to pick your room. Just click the return to previous step link in the upper right of that box and it will allow you to pick your room, but it charges you a little more. In our case it wanted to charge $15-40 more total for 3ppl for the chance to pick a room. Of course they aren't offering the "More=Merrier" rate anymore since the rate change, but it was a good one even after adding the extra money to pick a room.

Edit: After checking the fare viewer for our upcoming cruise, I see that the "More=Merrier" rate is back although it still isn't popping up on cruises later than spring.

The Sail from Florida rate does allow you to select your cabin. I have been following that rate for a couple of weeks now, hoping to upgrade my OV cabin for my January cruise to something better, and I have always been given the option of selecting my cabin.

Definitely something wrong in Carnival's software, but that's why I NEVER trust it.

Rottweiller........Looks like you've been adding up some bad experiences! It seems to me that the FL special WAS pick-your own cabin fairly recently for cruises I've been watching, but now I see HAS switched (or is displayed as) to Guarantee - it may be related to how close to sailaway you are.

Personally I think the "Past Guest rate with Upgrades" is generally about the all around best deal/choice - it looks like you've sailed recently and ought to be able to resolve past guest status if you "bite the bullet" and it might be worthwhile. I thought I saw link online where you could enter your past cruise info (MyVIFP | MyCruiseHistory | MissingACruise-Request PastCruise )? Or contact Michelle via Funville Page?

Interestingly - IMO - The Promo Title suggests Rate on Cruises out of Florida not a Florida Resident Rate!

ken

I think it may be that you have 3 travelers and

there are none available with the pullman bed.

It may give you the option if you select 2 travelers.

I would call Carnival and ask this question,

maybe they will let you book it and then

you can call them for the cabin assignment.

I havent tried it but you are probably right. I talked to my boys and since we can all sleep through anything, I don't think it will matter where we get.

Might book it anyway. Just waiting to see if the Ex can give me those dates now.

PS

Sorry to the Carnival loyals here who might have been offended, its just frustrating at times. Especially since they cant find me recent cruise history. Maybe I am still ticked about that and it made me go into it with a preconception of ineptitude on Carnivals part.

I booked the Sail from FL & Save rate for my sister's cabin and it is a guaranteed rate for our cruise. I did have an issue with the pricing though and had to have a special department over ride it. Only $20 bucks worth of a problem but hey, that's two drinks! lol

Not to waylay your thread, Pup, (and yes, we all know the Carnival website is poorly implemented) I would love to hear your analysis of Carnival vs. Princess, when you have a chance. Thanks in advance!

Will do in a few days. I like both lines for what each offers. That said I wish Carnival had a ship like the Ruby Princess.

Will do in a few days. I like both lines for what each offers. That said I wish Carnival had a ship like the Ruby Princess.

nothing can compare to the Ruby--- that cruise was soooo impressive

Archived