do you carry on your makeup?

Thanna63

we rarely fly but will have to this year. i'm having some difficulty deciding if i should pack my makeup into my checked luggage or carry it on. so much makeup apparently counts as liquid that i'll fill my little quart bag in no time even with travel sizes! i'd hate to have any of it tossed if i didn't package it correctly but i'd also hate to have it all in a piece of luggage that goes missing.

what does the F&B board do?

I have very little liquid makeup - eyeliner and lip balm (though I have solid lip balms I carry on as well, not in my quart-size ziploc). All my makeup comes on the plane with me.

If you can get sample sizes, do so. If you can switch to powder formulations, do so.

Sunscreen is usually the hardest for me and my husband - depending on where we're traveling and how long we'll be gone, if we're not checking bags, we'll try to buy it when we arrive.

I have no liquid make-up at all. I have a small make-up bag and it goes

into my carry on. I only bring some different eye shadows, mascara,

blush and lipstick....I am a very miminmal makeup person.

I always put my make-up in my carry-on tote.

Last cruise, my bag that carried all my other beauty products, shampoo/conditioner, deodorant , lotions, perfume/cologne, etc., never made it to my room. Dropped my bags off at the port, and never saw that particular bag again!!! It had all my info on a leather strapped tag, including my hubby's cell number that he carried on the ship. Also had the cruise luggage tag, just like all my other bags. The other bags made it:confused: First port, Nassau, I went into town and bought my necessities $$$!!!

Still waiting for that bag to show up;)

The only liquid make-up I have consists of mascara, foundation (a 1 oz bottle lasts for months) and tinted moisturizer, which I use when I'm going casual. I put my make up in my checked luggage, but if I wanted to carry it on, it certainly wouldn't fill my quart bag.

I can fit everything we need for two weeks in these carry on containers! It's my magnifying lighted mirror that gives me trouble! :rolleyes: (Can't see to put on make up without it.) The sunscreen gets packed in checked bag or purchased upon arrival.

31ul2mVud9L._AA160_.jpg

If you need a few little tubs with lids, Clinique has a perfect size they put samples in and they'll give you one or two.

Edited by 5326jan

I carry it on. I just ensure that nothing is in containers >100ml. Most is in powder form anyway and I put any liquids together and ready to show customs in a clear plastic bag. We tend to have reeeeeaaaallly long flights i.e. 24hours including transit getting from NZ to Europe so I like to be able to put makeup on prior to landing so that I can feel fresh and presentatable.. :)

I carry it on, but don't have a lot of liquids. I take a liquid tinted moisterizer with spf, mascara, lip gloss. Everything else is a solid. My hair stuff is usually liquid (shampoo, conditioner, styling creme, hairspray).

This is me too. I have very sensitive skin, and my makeup routine is brief but specific. It is unlikely that I would be able to replace everything in port. Don't need a rash on vacation! I always carry my daily stuff on board, including a makeup remover wipe (Neutrogena) in a small baggie in case I want to freshen up.

I also carry on a small tube of creme conditioner, and then just use whatever shampoo is on board. Other hair products and sunscreen go in the checked bag.

I just got the kit I ordered today. It is a great kit with everything you need for travel. The value of the kit is $197! After use the code FFDEC for the 30 % off discount, it came down to $34.30, plus they throw in a free mini bronzer, a mini bottle of Maracuja oil, and a free sample of your choice. Thought that I want to share in case someone needed to get some makeup !

http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-glow-your-way-to-gorgeous-makeup-set

Edited by Moon Orchid

I've decided that I need to get a lower maintenance hairstyle before next year's cruise! Lol! My styling products (travel sizes of gel, hairspray and styling creme) are taking up too much room in my quart bag. My SO's bag is almost empty so I'm going to transfer a few things over there.

Of course I do. I'm way too makeup dependent and will not vary from my routine. Makeup and hair conditioner go on the plane with me. Everything else I can forgo with for a few days.

It was such a relief to find I can get my 3 most basics on ship in the event I need to go that route.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

Someone mentioned lip balm, & I realized that DH & I usually travel with at least 4 each carried on, never put it in the baggie...:eek: never even thought of it... I'll put 2 or 3 in each of our backpacks, & at least 2 in our carry on, never was stopped by the scanner people, I'm thinking that they give the chapsticks a pass. :)

Someone mentioned lip balm, & I realized that DH & I usually travel with at least 4 each carried on, never put it in the baggie...:eek: never even thought of it... I'll put 2 or 3 in each of our backpacks, & at least 2 in our carry on, never was stopped by the scanner people, I'm thinking that they give the chapsticks a pass. :)

Ditto. I've never had an issue with lip balm or lipstick.

Lip Balm never a problem for us either.

The lip balm provided by Princess in our cabin is very good. Our poor cabin steward must have thought we were eating it or something because several times we left a note asking for two more. A the end of the cruise he left us a whole bag full. Guess he was giving us enough to get us home. :D

LuLu

~~~~