Requesting Specific Indian dishes?

MagnoliaFly

Is there a way to request specific Indian dishes that will only be served one night prior to cruising? I know you have to request Indian meals prior to cruising but what if you're only looking for a certain dish? Do they know two weeks ahead of time what the menu will be?

Can I do any of this on board or am I SOL once we sail?

DH loves Chicken Masala but doesn't really want any other Indian meal while on board the Dream. Wasn't sure how difficult it would be to "reserve" Chicken masala night.

All I can tell you is that there is a Vegetarian Indian dish on the menu each night. it will vary from day to day but is generally excellent (many of the chefs are from India).

Chicken Masala was not on the menu on our recent cruise. Sorry!

All I can tell you is that there is a Vegetarian Indian dish on the menu each night. it will vary from day to day but is generally excellent (many of the chefs are from India).

Chicken Masala was not on the menu on our recent cruise. Sorry!

I have never seen Chicken Masala on a cruise ship..

is that an indian dish??

i would look for an indian waiter and ask her/him - the majority of crew onboard is indian and crew kitchen gets an indian meal

Is there a way to request specific Indian dishes that will only be served one night prior to cruising? I know you have to request Indian meals prior to cruising but what if you're only looking for a certain dish? Do they know two weeks ahead of time what the menu will be?

Can I do any of this on board or am I SOL once we sail?

DH loves Chicken Masala but doesn't really want any other Indian meal while on board the Dream. Wasn't sure how difficult it would be to "reserve" Chicken masala night.

The chicken masala is offered on day 1 dinner and day 2 lunch.

Here is the info on Indian Meals and how to go about requesting them prior to sailing.

Indian Meals

Procedures

We will accept requests for Indian meals up to 2-weeks prior to the saildate.

The chicken masala is offered on day 1 dinner and day 2 lunch.

Here is the info on Indian Meals and how to go about requesting them prior to sailing.

Indian Meals

Procedures

We will accept requests for Indian meals up to 2-weeks prior to the saildate.

Yeah I've seen that menu on that site but they made it clear that's an EXAMPLE and not what you'll get on your own ship. Also it seems I'd have to make the request through my travel agency and all they can say is which date I want the indian meal but no way to specify what dish I want. I've never done it on board before or requested it so I was seeing if anyone else had.

is that an indian dish??

i would look for an indian waiter and ask her/him - the majority of crew onboard is indian and crew kitchen gets an indian meal

Chicken Tikka Masala is a pretty common Indian dish. We get it all the time at local Indian restaurants. Carnival's website indicates you have to tell them if you want to eat the vegetarian meal prior to cruising which of course, Chicken is not a vegetarian meal but is on the Indian menu example they offered. I just wasn't sure if it would be on the ship when I sail in February and if it was how to go about reserving a meal for that night.

Chicken Tikka Masala is a pretty common Indian dish. .

i really do need new glasses-- they gave me those progressive ones and its been over a year and still cant see-

I swore I read chicken maRsala

which I have no idea if that is an indian dish.. and I have never seen maRsala onboard.

A few years ago on the Miracle I was able to request Indian food with a 24 hr advance notice, so I could let them know at dinner if I wanted Indian food for the following evening. I could request vegetarian or non-vegetarian but no specific dishes. However, if you speak with someone (it helps if they're Indian) early in the cruise you could see if they would able to prepare a particular dish. In order for chicken tikka masala to be prepared properly it needs to be cooked in a tandoor oven, which the ship might not have (but there are ways to cheat around this). Incidentally, I was also told that they have an Indian breakfast and my maitre d' offrered it to me one morning. It was very good but very, very different from what we have for breakfast.

A few years ago on the Miracle I was able to request Indian food with a 24 hr advance notice, so I could let them know at dinner if I wanted Indian food for the following evening. I could request vegetarian or non-vegetarian but no specific dishes. However, if you speak with someone (it helps if they're Indian) early in the cruise you could see if they would able to prepare a particular dish. In order for chicken tikka masala to be prepared properly it needs to be cooked in a tandoor oven, which the ship might not have (but there are ways to cheat around this). Incidentally, I was also told that they have an Indian breakfast and my maitre d' offrered it to me one morning. It was very good but very, very different from what we have for breakfast.

Good to know! Sounds like I might be able to handle all of this on the ship.

We're on the Dream which I know has a Tandoor Grill but wasn't sure if they served Chicken Tikka Masala at the buffet there or not.

Thanks for all the responses! It's been helpful.

is that an indian dish??

we had an awesome bartender on the EPIC from India in the Haven

He tols us a lot about Indian cuisine

Archived