Post your favorite CRUISE PICTURES

c230k

Any particular reason a newbie feels the need to come on here and trash people for no reason? These boards are generally pretty civil. If you feel the need to be an a$$, you can also feel free to leave!

WHO CARES how many pages are here? If you see there are too many posts for you to be able to read, dont look.......really pretty simple. Your drivel is just adding to the post count so that people dont notice you've only been on here since August.........

Well at least we now know that you are not a math teacher.

Hey, hey, hey, hey now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, cuz, remember, no matter where you go, there you are...

Now that I have dispensed the wisdom of the ages (according to Buckaroo Banzai at least), I'll try to explain why the number of re-posts actually makes some sense.

Some of these threads are very active and most people seem to view them in linear mode rather than threaded. In linear view a comment on a particular image may appear several posts removed from the image being referenced and including the image is a sure way to associate the comment with the proper image. If this violates some universal bulletin board rule left over from the low-bandwidth CompuServe and AOL days, I suppose apologies to the ancients are in order.

As dltvermont said, these boards are pretty civil and after slogging through the litter of hurled mud and slung barbs in the usual photo forums, I think I speak for most of the people here in saying we'd like to keep it that way.

Dave

Edited by pierces

Any particular reason a newbie feels the need to come on here and trash people for no reason? These boards are generally pretty civil. If you feel the need to be an a$$, you can also feel free to leave!

WHO CARES how many pages are here? If you see there are too many posts for you to be able to read, dont look.......really pretty simple. Your drivel is just adding to the post count so that people dont notice you've only been on here since August.........

Hey, hey, hey, hey now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, cuz, remember, no matter where you go, there you are...

Now that I have dispensed the wisdom of the ages (according to Buckaroo Banzai at least), I'll try to explain why the number of re-posts actually makes some sense.

Some of these threads are very active and most people seem to view them in linear mode rather than threaded. In linear view a comment on a particular image may appear several posts removed from the image being referenced and including the image is a sure way to associate the comment with the proper image. If this violates some universal bulletin board rule left over from the low-bandwidth CompuServe and AOL days, I suppose apologies to the ancients are in order.

As dltvermont said, these boards are pretty civil and after slogging through the litter of hurled mud and slung barbs in the usual photo forums, I think I speak for most of the people here in saying we'd like to keep it that way.

Dave

Well said - both of you!

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty happy with this one, he was about 300 yards away, this is >100% crop from the original. The RAW file is outstanding...this one plus a great black bear pic taken the same day made my entire trip. If anyone wants to see that one, let me know.

Nikon D800

Nikkor 70-200 + f/2.8 TCE-III

Manual - f/8, 1/500, ISO 800

DJM_4381.jpg

Pretty happy with this one, he was about 300 yards away, this is >100% crop from the original. The RAW file is outstanding...this one plus a great black bear pic taken the same day made my entire trip. If anyone wants to see that one, let me know.

Nikon D800

Nikkor 70-200 + f/2.8 TCE-III

Manual - f/8, 1/500, ISO 800

DJM_4381.jpg

Great shot of the eagle.

Yes -- I want to see the picture of the bear.

I've attached a larger version of this picture...the light was really tough that morning, so the slow shutter speed and the ISO show a little bit...but you can't really can't tell when it's printed at 8x10 or smaller so I'm happy.

I could not believe it when the bear turned and looked at me right in the eye. Check out the water falling from its mouth and the freshly killed salmon at its feet. :)

Nikon D800

Nikkor 70-200 f/2.8 VRII (No TC)

Manual - f/2.8, 1/45, 160mm, ISO 800, No Flash, Handheld

No Post Processing Other Than Cropping & Conversion To JPEG

DJM_4320.jpg

Edited by TexasCPA