Post your favorite CRUISE PICTURES

c230k

This thread made me realize I never uploaded my pictures from an Alaska cruise back in 2012. Most of the photos make me wish I had a time machine so I could go back and tell myself how to be a better photographer, but sometimes I got lucky in a land of beauty, so I'll share the ones I like here. Since there's not technically great, I'll share the memories they evoke in case that can help y'all enjoy them as I did. (or you can just tell me to quiet down). The full Flickr set is linked with each picture - There are enough that it will take a few days to get them all uploaded.

--

Seattle at Embarkation. Not the most original of photos, but it has leading lines that I like and a sense of place. It's probably the first DSLR photo I ever took I wanted to show someone else.

20484127312_227113e7b1_h.jpgSeattle at Embarcation by Vortech, on Flickr

--

This is on our forward balcony of the NCL Pearl as the sun set while we left Seattle. I remember a strange competition of emotions: the serenity of the sea at Sunset and the excitement of so many firsts (First NCL, first long cruise, First time to Alaska, First vacation with a DSLR)

The ship on the right was one of the HA ships, IIRC.

20468081556_fcac2c3c49_h.jpgUntitled by Vortech, on Flickr

--

The first night at sea we ate in the French restaurant on board and got a table right by the window. It would soon become clear that this was our spot on the ship. We returned to the restaurant on 3 other nights and always sat by this window. (and here we were so adamant that we needed the "freestyle" dining…) By the last night we actually believed the manager when he said the team for that restaurant felt honored we liked them so much.

19874510873_4458345ad1_h.jpgUntitled by Vortech, on Flickr

Edited by Vortech