Post your favorite CRUISE PICTURES

c230k

Norway Fjord

Nikon D7200 with 18-200MM lens

2015-092315%20%20My%20Pictures%20092315%20Caribbean%20Princess%20Norway%20271_zpsgsofjiyi.jpg

Howard

Have you considered cropping off the top?

If you crop it from just above the cow to the left and present it as a panorama it's a stronger composition to my eye. It gets rid of the distractions in the top of the frame.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went snorkeling in Cozumel last March and used a Lumix DMC TS-5 for my pictures. Came out a little too blue, so I've been playing with Photoshop to try and clean them up a little. Making progress, here's a before and after of a Bermuda Chub I took :

filter6_zps74qdnabz.jpg

12t_zpsmkuxzol0.jpg

Going to work on my other photos and see if I can get them a little sharper.

Question - I will be going to Tabyana Beach in February. Since I will most likely be a little closer to the coral this time, will using a flash help get rid of some of the blue coloration? Any tips would be appreciated....

Edited by Raxter54

• 2 weeks later...
Question - I will be going to Tabyana Beach in February. Since I will most likely be a little closer to the coral this time, will using a flash help get rid of some of the blue coloration? Any tips would be appreciated....

It should yes, Reason there is so much blue/green in underwater photos is as you go deeper in the water, you loose certain colors. Reds and Yellows go first, resulting in the blue/green colors of your pictures. Green hangs in there longer then reds and yellows but blue penetrates the deepest. Taking artificial light with you, a flash, you can get most of the color luminescence back.

It should yes, Reason there is so much blue/green in underwater photos is as you go deeper in the water, you loose certain colors. Reds and Yellows go first, resulting in the blue/green colors of your pictures. Green hangs in there longer then reds and yellows but blue penetrates the deepest. Taking artificial light with you, a flash, you can get most of the color luminescence back.

Thanks for the information. I'll probably be doing some experimenting to see what works best. If anything good comes up, I'll post it. I've got an 8gig card and 3 extra batteries - hope that's enough :-)

You need to be careful using flash underwater, it works great if it is an external flash that doesn't flash directly in front of camera. If using the internal flash on the camera you have a possibility of having spots show up from the flash hitting the bubbles and other things floating in the water. See if you camera has an underwater setting that adds red to the picture or use photoshop afterward. Lot of articles on internet about this.

The Ump

John

I can see there's some very good photographers among the cruise fraternity.

How do you folks manage to get your photos so large on the screen?

I'm using the little paperclip attachment icon, but it only produces very small images.

Do I need to load from a URL...I have my photos on a portable hard drive?

cheers

469268884_DSC00110(1280x721).jpg.1f613731c56ba5864c038adf1a839fdb.jpg

1669602277_DSC00316(1280x721).jpg.45fd2f561c58e2132fa96315d273c480.jpg

1155401972_DSC00318Stitch(1280x309).jpg.bc282b669461f287d68f9f054f3c040e.jpg

1248164624_DSC03617(1280x721).jpg.3009af28b7635005f303747a5d4100ac.jpg

Edited by Dukeofearle

I believe most have their photos uploaded to a site like Flickr and then on that site there is a code that you can paste into your post here and the pic comes up that way.

Look further down in the camera forum here and there is a long thread about posting. Tons of entries as everyone is testing there.