Off again cruising

Leaving on the Princess Dawn today from Melbourne for 13 nights around New Zealand. It was a last minute booking. Weather not the best at the moment with it raining here.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays and a wonderful New Year.

Sarah

Thanks. How can I check that the ship has arrived in port. Is there cameras at Port of Melbourne?

You can check the bridge cam and the live Marine Traffic site.

Both show here ...she is ready and waiting for you..:D

http://www.kroooz-cams.com/dawn/dawn.php

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

Well... got 15 minutes away from Melbourne pier and then the ship stops and docks again due to a sick passenger. Captain said it would be another hour to get the person off the ship.

Thanks for the update.

It had ben noted that you had come to a stop. Trust the passenger is OK and that you get underway soon.

The lady broke her hip. Good cruise. In tauranga today. Dawn princess is a lot different to the Ruby princess. Some of the crew seem a little bit flat. Must be tired.

We are boarding on Friday as you disembark. . Do you think you could pump up the crew a bit before you leave?:D

Cheers

Stu

Got of the Dawn Princess this morning. It was a good cruise and the weather was fairly good for all the ports. There were a lot of first time cruisers on the ship. I think from memory there were 60 elites, about 150 plantiums on board. They had the barf bags out for the first couple of sea days. I think this was mainly due to the huge number of blue carders and trying to get their sea legs. Princess would be pleased to attract so many first timers. Key would be to get them back.

The food wasn't as good as what I had experienced on the Ruby Princess. I must admit the Dawn Princess does the Baked Alaska much better than the Ruby were you have to order it.

Had a cabin on the Riveria deck. Good location. Fairly quiet with not much foot traffic. It does move about a bit up there when the seas are rough. There was only one noise issue on one night when the crew were having a little party up there at 12.30 am.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that the crew seemed a bit flat. However, there were some real standout crew members who went above and beyond.

Dined at Steakhouse restuarant (which is really just a section in the buffet area) on one night.

Any questions please ask and I try and answer. There were 200 kids onboard. Lot of teenagers, however, fairly well behaved.

Archived