The argies getting excited again !

NSWP

Well folks, those of you like me, planning cruises in and out of Buenos Aires or calling at Argentine Ports should be aware of the Argies getting excited again, in truth a pain in the .A..s over the Falklands, they call them the Malvinas. From what I know, the Argies are stopping any cruises with british 'flagged' ships calling at Argentine Ports if they call in at the Falklands, a British Territory. The Falklands War of '82 is looming again. So far HAL and AIDA are bowing to the Argies, the Brits are not, P&O UK is calling off its Argie ports and keeping to the Falklands. Bravo I say.

Note: Princess are also British Flagged - from Bermuda.

But for us booked on cruises including Argentina whether this year, next year or the year after, a pain.

I say send in the Royal Marines, and Prince Harry and Prince William in their tanks and helos. LOL.

Rule Britannia !

The situation is really confusing. Surely the Argentinians realise that people like their ports and want to visit their country. The Falklands is often missed anyway due to weather. Also beats me why the British wants to keep their hands on an island in a cold climate in the first place. Isnt one island in the cold enough for them? Look at the Americans and French at least they had the right idea picking out tropical hospitable islands in the Pacific!

I can only hope that it gets resolved. Cruise lines should not be held hostage to government arguments. What is the big deal about these islands anyway? Are they sitting on an oil field?

Also beats me why the British wants to keep their hands on an island in a cold climate in the first place. Isnt one island in the cold enough for them? Look at the Americans and French at least they had the right idea picking out tropical hospitable islands in the Pacific!

I can only hope that it gets resolved. Cruise lines should not be held hostage to government arguments. What is the big deal about these islands anyway? Are they sitting on an oil field?

Come now Sutho. I KNOW your an intelligent man.....

and Bingo!!! Thats exactly what they may be sitting on. And the reason the Argentinians want them too...windswept islands are not worth any to them.

Altho I think with the British its a matter of principal as well....remember the residents actually want to remain British. No one voted to become part of Argentina.

Come now Sutho. I KNOW your an intelligent man.....

and Bingo!!! Thats exactly what they may be sitting on. And the reason the Argentinians want them too...windswept islands are not worth any to them.

Altho I think with the British its a matter of principal as well....remember the residents actually want to remain British. No one voted to become part of Argentina.

The first part was a bit of a light hearted joke. If you know the British they always complain about their miserable cold and wet island!! Even though tourists love it it including myself.

Though I think as a tourist its best to keep out of their political debates which is why I think its cruel that Argentina intends to blockade cruise ships stopping in the Falklands from entering their ports. It is only shooting themselves in the foot.

Though I think as a tourist its best to keep out of their political debates which is why I think its cruel that Argentina intends to blockade cruise ships stopping in the Falklands from entering their ports. It is only shooting themselves in the foot.

Same as Arab countries that refuse entry to Israeli visa holders. It's a different perspective.

Archived