Ben and Jerry Suite

sj25

It is not a real suite.

It is a cruddy promenade room which they give you a seperate white card to access the lounge and some ice cream coupons.

Thats it.

No cabanas, pool access, reserved seating, ect.

Our experience as well. It was indeed a different card, white I believe that said something like Concierge Key on it.

BonVoyage

Dawna

• 2 weeks later...

I returned yesterday from Independence of the Seas in the Ben & Jerry's "Sweet". Given the many comments in this thread, I had a lot of things, both good and bad, to look forward to.

It was a nice enough cabin, although it didn't seem quite as cow-themed as on the other ships, but now that I've taken a look at TravlGrl's video again, it may have just been that the throws that were on our couches were the same as the ones on the beds in the video.

Our cabin featured various cow-themed decorations on the shelves above the TV and in a few other places around the cabin. Two cow-colored throws were on the couches, as I mentioned, and we had two small cow dolls in the cabin as well.

The view of the Royal Promenade was somewhat hampered by a haziness to the glass. It looks as though it needs a really good cleaning.

Our stateroom included a Suite Services folder containing suite information including the dining room menus (we were told that we should have been able to order from them for room service, but we didn't try) and a couple welcome letters shown here:

normal_Ben-_-Jerry_s-_Sweet_-Welcome-Letter-2.jpg

normal_Ben-_-Jerry_s-_Sweet_-Welcome-Letter.jpg

It also contained sixteen coupons, each for "1 Ice Cream", enough for us to have something each day of the 8-night cruise.

There was a discrepancy about what we were allowed to order for each coupon. The worker at Ben & Jerry's said that it was for a single scoop, but Ryno, the Concierge, insisted it was for anything. He had a discussion with the manager of the Ben & Jerry's, and they agreed that we could have what we wanted from that point on.

There was no Concierge Lounge access card in the folder. We went to the Concierge Lounge that evening before dinner and found that the door happened to be open when we arrived, so we went in and introduced ourselves to Ryno. He took our SeaPass cards and re-encoded them to give us access to the Concierge Lounge. We really enjoyed the lounge and were in there most mornings for breakfast and most evenings before dinner. It was great being able to chat with other people over drinks. Service in the evenings was fantastic, especially thanks to Slava who made sure to keep my glass filled.

As I had mentioned earlier in the thread, I was able to e-mail the Concierge ahead of time and make arrangements to get a cabana at Barefoot Beach. Other than that and the Concierge Lounge, though, we didn't get any other "suite" benefits.

There was a bit of confusion regarding the suite-level amenities in the cabin. Our stateroom attendant was new to this ship and had just started his contract on this sailing and was unfamiliar with the practices for this cabin. Ryno said that he'd work with him. (As a side note, it was an amazing coincidence that our stateroom attendant, Jenin, was the same attendant we had on our last cruise on the Monarch of the Seas last year. He remembered us and even which cabin we had on that ship!)

As far as the noise in the cabin from the service area next door... well, there wasn't any that we could discern. That's not entirely true, but what noises we did hear, we couldn't be sure that they came from there or perhaps a door closing loudly down the hallway.

What we did hear a lot of us was our neighbors in the connecting cabin fighting. Their voices carried through the closed door between our cabins fairly well. During the first night that it kept us awake, we nearly called security, but they finally quieted down. The first couple nights were the worst, but they generally continued to bicker throughout the west of the week. Unfortunately for them, it seemed as though they may have gotten sick toward the end of the cruise and we got to hear about that as well.

I put together a short

Overall, we had a blast in this cabin and would definitely book it again.

Regarding the quality of the ice cream, I only had a scoop of the cookies and cream and it tasted REEEEAAALLY bland. It's been a really long time since I've had ice cream, so one would have thought I would have really liked it, but it was like licking the air. Tasted like nothing.

Yes, that was our experience too - I believe that's just old ice cream. Yuck.

I wrote to Ben & Jerry's regarding the quality of the ice cream on FoS. I received a letter in return thanking me and explaining that all shops are independently owned and they would forward my suggestions to the ship shop (I suggested smaller containers as they don't appear to sell quickly enough for a large container to remain fresh until it's gone).

They also sent me 3 free pint coupons -and THAT ice cream was fresh and YUMMY!!! :D

Yes, that was our experience too - I believe that's just old ice cream. Yuck.

I wrote to Ben & Jerry's regarding the quality of the ice cream on FoS. I received a letter in return thanking me and explaining that all shops are independently owned and they would forward my suggestions to the ship shop (I suggested smaller containers as they don't appear to sell quickly enough for a large container to remain fresh until it's gone).

They also sent me 3 free pint coupons -and THAT ice cream was fresh and YUMMY!!! :D

Glad I wasn't the only one. My husband had a lot of the other flavors and said they were all good, but agreed that the only one I tried tasted like nothing. Having smaller containers is a good idea!

Good review, Daghis! I like that they gave you that first letter that outlines all of your benefits. We didn't receive a letter like that, so missed out on a couple of the benefits it sounds like we could have had. Oh well, next time! ;)

One thing that letter doesn't mention is the access to the sundeck for Gold card members. Did you go up there at all?

Edited by TravlGrl

I would agree Daghis good review...and glad you was pleased with the room. It is something how things are done different on each ship. I now think I need to try it on each ship and leave a cow and see how different the experience is on each one...now just wait until I tell my husband that one! LOL

Hi guys,

I just booked my "Sweet" for next April and really appreciate all of the input/tips everyone is posting on this room. I think it's gonna be a fun time, but I have one question. Does this room get you double points for C&A like the typical suites as I read that on an older post in a different thread and wasn't sure if that is the case or just back then? Thanks for all the input.

No, you don't get double points in this "Sweet". As far as Royal Caribbean is concerned, it's a regular Promenade cabin. It just happens to provide Concierge Lounge access and free ice cream as bonuses.

:) oh double points...I would book it every time...but no such luck....they can get people to book it with the few benefits...to put up with some inconviences. I still think I may do it on another ship and put another cow in the room...I teased my husband and told him I want to do all the freedom class and do the room and leave a cow in memory of my mom..:D

• 1 month later...
No, you don't get double points in this "Sweet". As far as Royal Caribbean is concerned, it's a regular Promenade cabin. It just happens to provide Concierge Lounge access and free ice cream as bonuses.

Thanks for clairfying! Having just access to the Lounge is different than having access to "suite" benefits.

Edited by MR NW GUY

We have this booked in October on Freedom. Can someone please tell me what drinks are offered before/after dinner. Also, is specialty or at least different coffees offered in mornings? Thanks you.

The Concierge Lounge offers complimentary house wine, beer, basic mixed drinks (no blender drinks), and soda. Hot and cold snaks are also provided. Specialty coffee is available 24 hours.

We have this booked in October on Freedom. Can someone please tell me what drinks are offered before/after dinner. Also, is specialty or at least different coffees offered in mornings? Thanks you.

We have this booked for Thanksgiving! Enjoy it.

Please come back and let us know if you were able to use the suite sundeck.

Thanks!

Yes, it's otherwise a normal category PR cabin. In fact, there's nothing special noted on Royal Caribbean's web site that 6305 is anything but a normal cabin, which could theoretically lead to a surprise for some who book it without knowing its special status.

Even phone representatives may not be aware that it's different in any way.

having just done a TA with a GS, got the bug. But nice to know that the CL is in with this suite. would have been nice to have 2x but thought of free ice cream and the CL starbucks coffee machine is more than enough.

would it also let you in at the D+,suite spill over cocktail hour as the CL is quite small area?:confused::confused:

Hello

Can I ask please, with this stateroom, is it the same cost of normal promenade rooms, and just look if you book first?

:D

yep, and I even have my husband said he would even do this room over again, even with the noise. But I am anxious now to book it once again. I have another cow to donate to the room! :D

yep, and I even have my husband said he would even do this room over again, even with the noise. But I am anxious now to book it once again. I have another cow to donate to the room! :D

Hope we get to see the extra cow. Nice way to remember.

Have a great weekend.

Hope we get to see the extra cow. Nice way to remember.

Have a great weekend.

Thanks, Told him now that I would like to donate a cow to each one on each ship...how nice of in memory would that be for my mom. So now if we can't book the room and we have a cabin crawl...I thought about taking a cow and donate it that way! But in the search of maybe next year to do one... :D

• 4 months later...