Ben and Jerry Suite

sj25

I'm looking forward to the Independence report as well. We were happened across availability for this suite on the Independence for Spring Break 2014 :D Kids don't know, it's a surprise for them, though I don't know what they'll do in the concierge lounge at 9 & 12 years old.....

Let us know what access you have (Gold card vs concierge suite alone) and what, if any, noise issues you have.

Thanks!

I'm looking forward to the Independence report as well. We were happened across availability for this suite on the Independence for Spring Break 2014 :D Kids don't know, it's a surprise for them, though I don't know what they'll do in the concierge lounge at 9 & 12 years old.....

Let us know what access you have (Gold card vs concierge suite alone) and what, if any, noise issues you have.

Thanks!

Even though the concierge lounge is an adult environment, there are board games there for kids. We did see well-behaved kids with their families, playing games at their table while the parents kabitzed and also enjoyed themselves. I'm also looking forward to the Independence report, especially regarding the noise. Wondering if the door is just getting bad over time.

Edited by TravlGrl

Sailed Freedom over New Years and the Ben & Jerry suite was alive and well, as were the benefits. I will also say that our cruise director was on his last Freedom cruise and he 'hit on the cows a bit' on New Years Eve! He may have been able to do 8 seconds had he tried! LOL!

Even though the concierge lounge is an adult environment, there are board games there for kids. We did see well-behaved kids with their families, playing games at their table while the parents kabitzed and also enjoyed themselves. I'm also looking forward to the Independence report, especially regarding the noise. Wondering if the door is just getting bad over time.

Since the kids have the Ben & Jerry suite, and DH and I are next door, I don't believe we would have concierge access, only the kids. So we'd just be sending the kids in there alone. Not sure, that would fly well with anyone :) We will all stop by during the day to check it out for curiosity's sake. Also closer to the cabin for the am coffee fix.

We all have access to the Diamond lounge (outside cocktail hours, of course) so the real treat is the novelty of the room and the free ice cream. My kids do love the Diamond lounge, have hung out there frequently and behaved themselves accordingly. We still get looks, but oh well. :rolleyes:

I'm assuming that having access to the Concierge Lounge also provides access to the Concierge himself and the services he offers. In that case, I wonder whether I'd be able to request a cabana at Barefoot Beach on Labadee from him by sending e-mail to him before our cruise.

I'm assuming that having access to the Concierge Lounge also provides access to the Concierge himself and the services he offers. In that case, I wonder whether I'd be able to request a cabana at Barefoot Beach on Labadee from him by sending e-mail to him before our cruise.

I think so. While ON the cruise, you definitely have access to him, and he does a great job of checking in with people as they enter the lounge. He will make specialty dining reservations and print boarding passes for airfare as well. I've never used the concierge BEFORE the cruise, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks... I went ahead and dropped him a note to see whether it's possible. I'll report back when I hear something from him.

So now that you've been in this cabin twice, and given the night-time noise considerations, would you stay in this cabin in the future?

I do think it is an on going thing for the noise is a problem with this room and hope more do know of this ahead of time to be prepared for it...cause I would agree it was the biggest complaint of ours.

As for a cow donated...is the reason why we did this room was to be in honor of my mom that loved cows and when I saw this room on a cabin crawl...I had to do it...my mom passed and never got on a cruise like she wanted. So we donated a cowboy cow ...that hope manage to stay on the Freedom Ben and Jerry room....I had 2 of them and one stay with me and one on the ship...

Since the kids have the Ben & Jerry suite, and DH and I are next door, I don't believe we would have concierge access, only the kids. So we'd just be sending the kids in there alone. Not sure, that would fly well with anyone :) We will all stop by during the day to check it out for curiosity's sake. Also closer to the cabin for the am coffee fix.

We all have access to the Diamond lounge (outside cocktail hours, of course) so the real treat is the novelty of the room and the free ice cream. My kids do love the Diamond lounge, have hung out there frequently and behaved themselves accordingly. We still get looks, but oh well. :rolleyes:

On Freedom we just got the gold card that opened the door to the CL, so you could use it, no one checked our SeaPass or anything. And we really did enjoy the CL before dinner each night.

On Freedom we just got the gold card that opened the door to the CL, so you could use it, no one checked our SeaPass or anything. And we really did enjoy the CL before dinner each night.

So did you notice the cowboy cow still there?

I know we could go in also and never once was asked to show our gold card. So did they still do the card that you had punched each day for the ice cream.

So now that you've been in this cabin twice, and given the night-time noise considerations, would you stay in this cabin in the future?

Yes, we still would stay here again because of the benefits. I must say though that the noise didn't exist when we sailed Freedom, so I guess over time the doors have gotten bad. Now that we know, perhaps earplugs are in order the next time around. ;)

TravlGrl:

I just wanted to tell you that you do an excellent job on your videos.

The video you posted about the Ben & Jerry's Sweet on your Freedom cruise actually convinced me to book this cabin for our October cruise on Freedom.

Good Job! Thanks for posting.

TravlGrl:

The video you posted about the Ben & Jerry's Sweet on your Freedom cruise actually convinced me to book this cabin for our October cruise on Freedom.

Well I sure hope you like the Ben & Jerry Sweet on the Freedom....I did enjoy the room all except the crew door noise. So bring some ear plugs and will be great.

We just uploaded the video of the Ben & Jerry's "Sweet" on Liberty of the Seas. :D

Our sail date was February 16, 2013 even though the concierge letter says 2012.

Love the video...I can say the rooms are decorated different per ship...I would say on the liberty seem to be more decorated ...but really like how you did the video!

TravlGrl:

Aaww...thank you. That's very sweet of you to say. :)

Love the video...I can say the rooms are decorated different per ship...I would say on the liberty seem to be more decorated ...but really like how you did the video!

Thank you. :)

Yep, Liberty had more decor, but I liked the cow rug on Freedom too!

We just booked the SWEET on the Indy. Its a ways off but just have to try it. These boards are great. I would have never known about this cabin. We like PR cabins anyhow so this will be cool.

Well congrats on getting the Ben and Jerry Sweet! I also agree these boards are such a great help. I have learn and saved so many times due to here. great to share and help each other!

I do think it is an on going thing for the noise is a problem with this room and hope more do know of this ahead of time to be prepared for it...cause I would agree it was the biggest complaint of ours.

As for a cow donated...is the reason why we did this room was to be in honor of my mom that loved cows and when I saw this room on a cabin crawl...I had to do it...my mom passed and never got on a cruise like she wanted. So we donated a cowboy cow ...that hope manage to stay on the Freedom Ben and Jerry room....I had 2 of them and one stay with me and one on the ship...

I don't know how to share a picture here, but yes, as of last week, there is still a cowboy cow in the Sweet on Freedom. :)

We were in the Sweet on the Freedom last week and were able to reserve a Barefoot Beach cabana via email the week before. :)

We were in the Sweet last week 2/17 through 2/24 2013.

First, the cow carpet is gone as is the cow ice cream cone magnet, and the cow blanket was on the couch in front of the window, rather than on the bed.

Also, someone had pulled the wires out of speaker for the "moo-machine" so we weren't greeted by the mooing. :( (DH fixed this though - anyone who doesn't want to hear the mooing can unplug the moo-machine easily as the plug is to the left of the desk area.)

There were no concierge cards in the room so we just went to the lounge where Berty provided us with one and said we'd be getting an envelope later with the rest of our perks. When the envelope came, it included two more cards, the letters, and B & J's coupons (paper, not cardstock).

Ben & Jerry's staff seemed completely confused by the coupons - we explained what they were and then they had us write our names and cabin number on them and said they would collect them on our last day. We were only allowed a small scoop each day and still have two days left so they never had the opportunity to collect them - maybe we'll use them next time. ;)

We were not provided with robes, although I had selected robes as a reward with my RCCL Visa, so maybe they knew we wouldn't need/use them?

We also were not provided with upgraded toiletries until I asked. Dennis, our stateroom host, said they were only given by request and replaced them only when we threw empty containers in the trash (not when containers were left in the shower nearly empty).

We did have access to all other concierge amenities - booking, scheduling, show seating - and apparently there were more we missed! (There's a concierge sundeck and departure room?! Guess we better check those out next time!) We were also able to email Berty the week before and reserve a Barefoot Beach cabana and received a fruit plate in our room one day.

Concierge staff was amazing - after the first day they remembered our drink of choice, brought it to us almost before we could sit down, and then kept our glasses refilled. They also insisted we head off to dinner with full glasses each night!

We had NO issues with noise. There was a small squeeking sound at times that sounded more like birds although I'm sure it was a door, but it was very slight and we only heard it when we were awake - it certainly wasn't loud enough to wake us. We also heard our neighbors in the connecting room a few times, but also not very loudly and only when we were awake - but I think that's to be expected with connecting rooms.

We added a few cows to the room and are curious to see if they are still there next trip.

I have to admit though, my favorite part of the experience was the other wonderful guests we met in the lounge - we had so many great conversations there. :)

Edited by Wendy&Grumpy

Wendy

thanks for letting us all know...I am glad to know that the cowboy cow was still there. I am surprised they took the rug away....but it did get in the way of the fridge at times...maybe they felt it was a safety issue...since it did not fit perfect.

I am really glad to know that the door was fixed....I know the last night we was on there it seem to be finally fixed...so hope for awhile!

I think it is not just ship to ship but crew to crew that things can be different. We was allowed 2 scoops for each mark and they didn't care if we used more then one a day.

We were in the Sweet on the Freedom last week and were able to reserve a Barefoot Beach cabana via email the week before. :)

Thanks... that's great to know! I haven't heard anything back from the e-mail I sent a couple days ago, but it's still a bit early.