Ben and Jerry Suite

sj25

What's that breakfast or lunch in a specialty restaurants

Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurants on our Voyager and Freedom Class ships

I believe that means that after you get your food at the Windjammer Cafe you can take your plate and eat at Portofinos or Chops. It's nice to be Ble to find table easily and have a relaxing place to eat.

We just did the 8 day on Indy in the "Cow Sweet". We were given 16 individual coupons for ice cream. We were allowed to pick what we wanted and they would ask what size would you like. We gave most away to a couple of young children sitting at our dinner table.

Raj was great in the concierge lounge. We received several unexpected extras, access to Barefoot Beach in Labadee, tour of the bridge, fresh fruit plates in the room.

We have had the room a couple of times and did not receive all the extras on Freedom.

Cheers.

I believe that means that after you get your food at the Windjammer Cafe you can take your plate and eat at Portofinos or Chops. It's nice to be Ble to find table easily and have a relaxing place to eat.

Does anyone know if this a B & J "Sweets" perk? Maybe by showing gold card? This would be an awesome perk! Thanks

Hmmm B&J's is the cause of the obstruction and the reason for the perks... who would they be credited by?

We last used ours on Thursday night and I didn't even think about them again until I found them in DH's pocket while doing the post-cruise laundry!

On another note - has anyone else had any issue with the quality of the ice cream? Many of the flavors we tried tasted old - led us to believe maybe they're not selling much and should serve from smaller tubs?

I didn't have a problem with the icecream...I think I love icecream....

Yes, I think this room tends to book up early...but chance sometimes someone cancel you can still grab it later in time.

I don't know but this is what the lady told me that I had to turn it in ...so they got the credit. I don't know if it is RCCI that gives these benefits....and your shops are on their own commission and sales...but I think they pay rent to be on the ship.

for those who just did the indy cow suite did you have a noise problem from the service door. did you get a gold card to get the benefits or did you have a normal seapass. what other benefits did you get. i see there is a list of suite benefits but i suppose this is for a proper suite.

Thanks... that's great to know! I haven't heard anything back from the e-mail I sent a couple days ago, but it's still a bit early.

I just heard back from the Concierge this morning letting me know that hilltop and standard cabanas were still available. I asked for a standard one. Woohoo!

for those who just did the indy cow suite did you have a noise problem from the service door. did you get a gold card to get the benefits or did you have a normal seapass. what other benefits did you get. i see there is a list of suite benefits but i suppose this is for a proper suite.

To answer your questions:

Yes, there was noise from the service door, it woke me every night.

We had a our normal sea pass & were given a white card to access the CL. When this stopped working, our sea passes were reconfigured to open the CL door.

The only other benefit we had apart from CL access was the free ice cream vouchers.

Hope this helps.

did you get bathrobes, what do you get in the concierge lounge. so you dont get the priority for seating in the shows or ice skating tickets . it seems different boats get different things. i hope it worth booking this room especially as the price has dropped terrifically since we booked it.

did you get bathrobes, what do you get in the concierge lounge. so you dont get the priority for seating in the shows or ice skating tickets . it seems different boats get different things. i hope it worth booking this room especially as the price has dropped terrifically since we booked it.

We get bathrobes anyway because of our C&A level, so I don't know if they would have been provided regardless. We were offered priority seating for the ice show...but did not want to go.

The CL has a coffee machine, daily papers etc. you can sit in there whenever you like. They also have a nightly event between 5-8.30pm where they provide free drinks and hors d'oeuvres. Raj, the concierge was fantastic.

As for the price dropping....why on earth haven't you phoned RCI to claim the price drop? The price went down twice after we booked this cabin & both price changes were applied with no problem. As long as you are before final payment you should have no issue getting your price adjusted. :)

I just heard back from the Concierge this morning letting me know that hilltop and standard cabanas were still available. I asked for a standard one. Woohoo!

Excellent news! Congrats!

As for the price dropping....why on earth haven't you phoned RCI to claim the price drop? The price went down twice after we booked this cabin & both price changes were applied with no problem. As long as you are before final payment you should have no issue getting your price adjusted. :)

I was going to ask the same thing. Go get your money! :confused:

i emailed rci about price drop they said because i booked it with a ta i had to go to them to ask them to ring rci. i took a copy of the email from rci they rang them in front of me and rci said there was nothing they could do. i wont be booking early again. should i have booked direct through rci.

i emailed rci about price drop they said because i booked it with a ta i had to go to them to ask them to ring rci. i took a copy of the email from rci they rang them in front of me and rci said there was nothing they could do. i wont be booking early again. should i have booked direct through rci.

Whether or not you booked with a TA is irrelevant. It's not the TA's fault that RCCL will not lower your fare. Have you already made final payment? If so, that's why RCCL will not lower your fare.

I know I have only booked through RCI and never have a problem getting them to give any credit for a decrease in price....

Redwell -- There's something missing to the situation. If your final payment is not due until July, and your fare has dropped, RCCL will lower your fare. Your TA isn't doing something right or is not giving you complete information, or you're not sharing complete information (not saying you're intentionally leaving anything out, just saying there's something missing here). No TA is going to tell you that you CAN'T get your fare lowered. I would call your TA back AGAIN and tell them to get your fare lowered, and if not, ask WHY. My husband is a TA; he deals with this all of the time. There has got to be a reason why you're not getting a credit toward the lower fare. Find out WHY, and maybe we can help here on CC. ;)

Nevertheless, at least you got the cow butt cabin!

Redwell -- There's something missing to the situation. If your final payment is not due until July, and your fare has dropped, RCCL will lower your fare. Your TA isn't doing something right or is not giving you complete information, or you're not sharing complete information (not saying you're intentionally leaving anything out, just saying there's something missing here). No TA is going to tell you that you CAN'T get your fare lowered. I would call your TA back AGAIN and tell them to get your fare lowered, and if not, ask WHY. My husband is a TA; he deals with this all of the time. There has got to be a reason why you're not getting a credit toward the lower fare. Find out WHY, and maybe we can help here on CC. ;)

Nevertheless, at least you got the cow butt cabin!

I agree completely with this. Go into your travel agent and make them call RCI while you are there....Some travel agents have never heard of the price drop scenario and those that have can try to wriggle out of giving them, you need to persist! Good luck.

Edited by Brit-Cruiser

Sorry to hear about your trouble with the price drop. But I know some TA's (not all) don't want to do price drops because it comes out of their commission. But be persistent and get what is coming to you.

Sorry to hear about your trouble with the price drop. But I know some TA's (not all) don't want to do price drops because it comes out of their commission. But be persistent and get what is coming to you.

And if that's the case, I would never ever use that TA again, no matter what the goodies/extras are that they're giving you.

they rang rci in front of me they even asked if there was any cabin upgrades i could have instead, rci said there is nothing they could do.

Are you getting any freebies? Free port transport or parking or a drinks package included in your cruise fare? Sorry for the questions, just trying to work out why they won't do this for you when I have claimed a price drop on every cruise I have been on.:confused: