Stop Avalanche of Brochures

texpeditious

Since my Alaskan cruise in 2009 I've been attempting to unsubscribe from the avalanche of brochure mailings to my home. I have repeatedly called & emailed RSSC to stop mailings to no avail. (Email is manageable, I just filtered the mailings to trash.) But no relief from paper mailings. Any suggestions?

Since my Alaskan cruise in 2009 I've been attempting to unsubscribe from the avalanche of brochure mailings to my home. I have repeatedly called & emailed RSSC to stop mailings to no avail. (Email is manageable, I just filtered the mailings to trash.) But no relief from paper mailings. Any suggestions?

FDR says he reads "every" post on this board so maybe he can figure out how to lighten the load for your postal carrier :)

FDR says he reads "every" post on this board so maybe he can figure out how to lighten the load for your postal carrier :)

Perhaps FDR is trying to help the Post Office mitigate their losses??

Also, the barrage of brochures appear to be mostly for near term cruises so can't help wondering how well bookings are doing? Some people have stated that booking are doing well but, if that is the case, why does Regent Marketing need to send out so many brochures trying to get people to book near term cruises?

There is a thread on Oceania Board, Is Oceania in decline. Have to ask the same thing about Regent. Seems both lines are marking time to be sold, IPO, or other action. With Mark Conroy leaving at the end of January and Kylami or whatever his name is becoming President of PCH, Oceania, and Regent have to wonder about the future. There were different people in charge of each company in the past and difficult to believe one person can adequately fill all three shoes for any period of time which would indicate a holding pattern until a significant change.

Simply doesn't wash????

If anyone wishes to be removed from our postal mail list and/or our e-mail list, please e-mail me at Frankdelrio@prestigecruiseholdings.com and I will see that your name and address is removed. The last thing we want to do is upset or annoy our past guests and waste money doing so.

My apologies.

FDR

If anyone wishes to be removed from our postal mail list and/or our e-mail list, please e-mail me at Frankdelrio@prestigecruiseholdings.com and I will see that your name and address is removed. The last thing we want to do is upset or annoy our past guests and waste money doing so.

My apologies.

FDR

I'm also impressed with your responsiveness. Wish I'd posted sooner. I will use it & hope for promised removal.

Thank you.

I LIKE the brochures, they are the things dreams are made of - and sometimes those dreams become realty! I've never regretted ONE!

This. I certainly wouldn't go to the website and look at Regent nearly as often as they show up in my mailbox. They create a continual presence in my travel plans due to same.

Nice to know that FDR is there to help those who don't share our view however.

My apologies.

FDR

Ask and you shall receive !!! Personally I love leaving these colorful hints all over my house in the hope that DH gets a great idea :) I've been known to "tape" them to the bathroom mirror so he can't miss the hint!!

I do feel bad for the mailman....

PS FDR since you are reading how about considering offering a Regent past cruiser a "try Oceania" discount (amounting to a past cruiser Silver Sea Society discount) the Penthouse Suites on the new Oceania ships are calling me and I really want to try your other product.

Wow is right! Thanks FDR. It's appreciated that you read this stuff. As for others' comments, I visit the Regent web site every day that I am home and love browsing the trips; I just don't need nor want the mailings.

While it is nice that the COB of the parent company is reading our thoughts, responding where he feels it appropriate, and providing his personal e-mail to fix an issue, would appreciate it much more if he were more hands on with the home office staff and had them do their jobs.

A more appropriate response might have been that reinforcement of the employees duties were in process, that complaints over the home office were valid and improvements were in process, and that those who didn't want all the brochures should contact customer service and the brochures would stop. If no stoppage and no improvement, then contact the COB via his e-mail.

There have been many comments regarding poor customer service in the home office as well as excursion issues with Destinations that haven't improved over the past several years. With the COB spending time trying to individually solve issues by offering his e-mail and personally showing up at the dock to take a passenger on Oceania to the airport, doesn't leave sufficient time for him to improve the rest of the issues at the home office.

The onboard experience remains good but, the home office including Destinations is a true disaster that needs the attention of the entire executive suite.

Instead of recognizing and appreciating what a hands-on CEO Regent/Oceania have, rallydave is using FDR's kindness as another way to bring up negative past issues with Regent. And, in terms of other "speculations", perhaps you should start a thread instead of inserting off-topic issues/non-issues into this thread.

Back on topic, I agree that Regent sends out a tremendous amount of mail (as do other cruise lines) and it isn't easy to get off of the mailing list. Hopefully, some day, most communication will be done by email with only semi-annual books sent by mail. :confused:

I like the Regent surprises that come in the mail. Please keep them coming to me. You never know when one will inspire an unexpected cruise.

And my thanks to "shameless Nana". I like your idea and continue to try and grow in my shamelessness.

Ann

Latest ploy.... Brochure taped to DH steering wheel, tends to grab his attention!

He really starts worrying about his wallet when I get this crazy.

Yep I do luv those colorful lovely brochures :)

I have already called Regent and have asked to be deleted from their mailing list, but no I am still inundated with them. It has been five years since we have sailed this line. Crystal does not do this to their passengers nor does Silver Sea.

Silversea does not send mailings to their customers even when requested!

Regent is quite pleased with and proud of the amount of mailings they send out (according to the Cruise Consultant onboard the Voyager this month).

Hope all of you recycle:D

Paper is lovely to touch and hold. But totally unnecessary. Maybe there could be an opt in for all mailings, some mailings or a postcard with a web link. Those brochures are very expensive to produce.

And while it's not necessary for Mr. Del Rio to respond directly to us as long as we are addressed, I think that if I were running a luxury company, and my clients were paramount, then it should be a given to respond. And short of asking for identification, there are people in most companies who have the job of responding as if they were the CEO. I have a client who runs a PR agency whose job is to do nothing but respond in the names of their clients to all kinds of requests for information.

Edited by ChatKat in Ca.

• 2 weeks later...

I called our bank and told them to e-mail me my statements as I can view and print anything I need a copy of. I was tired of filing all this paper and it would also save the bank on postage. The same goes for cruise lines. Anyone that owns a computer or tablet can view the brochure on-line.