Unique cruise itineraries that excite

Shores of the Southern Cross

Feb. 07, 2013 / Sydney to Bali / 36 Days

Ports of call: Sydney, Australia ~ Melbourne, Australia (overnight) ~ Milford Sound, New Zealand ~

Oban (Halfmoon Bay, New Sealand ~ Timaru, New Zealand ~ Akaroa (Christchurch), New Zealand ~

Wellington, New Zealand ~ Picton, New Zealand ~ Kaikoura, New Zealand ~ Tauranga (Rotorua), New Zealand ~ Auckland, New Zealand ~ Sydney, Australia ~ Brisbane, Australia ~ Hamilton Island, Australia ~ Townsville, Australia ~ Cairns, Australia ~ Thursday Island, Queesland, Australia ~ Darwin, Australia ~ Komodo Island, Indonesia ~ Gili Trawangan, Indonesia ~ Benoa (Denpasar), Bali

I just saw this wonderful itinerary by Seabourn Odyssey, which excited me about the possibilities of cruising new ports, Timaru, Picton, Kaikoura, Townsville, Thursday Island, and Gili Trawangan.

If only other small mass market cruise lines could offer such interesting itineraries, in our corner of the world. If only this cruise wasn't in our cyclone season.

Are you aware of other unique cruise itineraries, in our corner of the world?

Shores of the Southern Cross

Feb. 07, 2013 / Sydney to Bali / 36 Days

Ports of call: Sydney, Australia ~ Melbourne, Australia (overnight) ~ Milford Sound, New Zealand ~

Oban (Halfmoon Bay, New Sealand ~ Timaru, New Zealand ~ Akaroa (Christchurch), New Zealand ~

Wellington, New Zealand ~ Picton, New Zealand ~ Kaikoura, New Zealand ~ Tauranga (Rotorua), New Zealand ~ Auckland, New Zealand ~ Sydney, Australia ~ Brisbane, Australia ~ Hamilton Island, Australia ~ Townsville, Australia ~ Cairns, Australia ~ Thursday Island, Queesland, Australia ~ Darwin, Australia ~ Komodo Island, Indonesia ~ Gili Trawangan, Indonesia ~ Benoa (Denpasar), Bali

I just saw this wonderful itinerary by Seabourn Odyssey, which excited me about the possibilities of cruising new ports, Timaru, Picton, Kaikoura, Townsville, Thursday Island, and Gili Trawangan.

If only other small mass market cruise lines could offer such interesting itineraries, in our corner of the world. If only this cruise wasn't in our cyclone season.

Are you aware of other unique cruise itineraries, in our corner of the world?

If only this cruiseline wasn't so expensive!! :D

In some respects, after 12 cruises I am over it - except that I am still excited to see places that I have not seen/experienced. Our WC with P&O was "unique" - in that we were able to cruise Brisbane to Brisbane (I am not sure that will ever happen again) Our last cruises with Cunard - 3 Queens including the Queen's Jubilee was also unique and visited ports we had never been to before. Our 28 day P&O cruise to Tahiti was also "unique" - in the sense that it seems that P&O AUS are now concentrating on short cruises.

There does seem to be an attempt by P&O AUS to do something different - eg Moreton Island, PNG and those South Australian ports. We should give them at least some credit for that. The rest of the visiting carpetbaggers with their interminable visits to NZ will not last long here.

Barry

D416.jpg

the Dawn Princess is doing this cruise 31st August 2014

bit different

its a 20 day cruise and does 4 ports in Papua New Guinea

I was going to cancel my Pacific Dawn PNG cruise and book this one until I saw the prices :eek::eek::eek:

I was momently excited about a cruise offer, which I just received by email, until I realised I am not excited by the cruise ship.

So unique cruise itineraries are not enough on their own. It is the whole package, including affordable price, that excites me and gets me planning!

I was going to cancel my Pacific Dawn PNG cruise and book this one until I saw the prices :eek::eek::eek:

Deb if you was to book the Pacific Dawn now you are paying just on $200 per day for an inside cabin and on the Dawn Princess i would be paying $160 per day so the Pacific Dawn is a lot dearer plus you have to get to Brisbane......they have the Pacific Pearl going to PNG on the 1st sept 2014 and thats about $180 per day but the Dawn Princess is a cheaper option plus a better ship and you get all the elite benefits

Heres a couple for Tahiti....

Aranui II.

http://www.aranui.com/

Paul Gauguin Cruises

http://www.pgcruises.com/

Watch for PG cruises as they bring the ship to Brisbane for its regular drydock and do some nice cruises on the way.

Thanks David.

They have both been on my "wish list", ever since I fell in love with the beautiful Cook Islands and Tahitian islands.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TahitiTourismAU

I have no idea how to link....

Diamond Princess 24th October 2013 21 days

Singapore

Bandar seri begawan Brunei

Nha trang Vietnam

Ho chi Minh city Vietnam

Sihanoukville Cambodia

Bangkok Thailand

Ko samui Thailand

Singapore

Bali Indonesia

Kuala lumpur Malaysia

Penang Malaysia

Phuket Thailand

Singapore

I like this itinerary and flights to Singapore are quite reasonable.

Singapore

Nha trang Vietnam

Ho chi Minh city Vietnam

Sihanoukville Cambodia

Bangkok Thailand

Ko samui Thailand

Singapore

Bali Indonesia

Kuala lumpur Malaysia

Penang Malaysia

Phuket Thailand

Singapore

I think that one will be very popular.

Nice itinerary and a nice return flight.

I can see a lot of TA's making up Fly/ Cruise deals on that one.:D

I think that one will be very popular.

Nice itinerary and a nice return flight.

I can see a lot of TA's making up Fly/ Cruise deals on that one.:D

David i'm pretty certain once the Diamond gets to Singapore it cruises to Sydney so anyone could stay on and do a b2b

Singapore

Nha trang Vietnam

Ho chi Minh city Vietnam

Sihanoukville Cambodia

Bangkok Thailand

Ko samui Thailand

Singapore

Bali Indonesia

Kuala lumpur Malaysia

Penang Malaysia

Phuket Thailand

Singapore

That is an interesting itinerary. Did you notice that it returns to Singapore on 4/11? Do you think maybe they will sell it in 2 sectors, as well as 1?

David i'm pretty certain once the Diamond gets to Singapore it cruises to Sydney so anyone could stay on and do a b2b

Yes, a 19 day cruise goes from Singapore on 14/11, arriving in Sydney on 3/12.

Thursday, 14 November 2013 Singapore -- 18:00

Friday, 15 November 2013 At Sea -- --

Saturday, 16 November 2013 At Sea -- --

Sunday, 17 November 2013 Bangkok (laem Chabang) 07:00 19:00

Monday, 18 November 2013 At Sea -- --

Tuesday, 19 November 2013 Ho Chi Minh City (saigon), Vietnam 07:00 18:00

Wednesday, 20 November 2013 At Sea -- --

Thursday, 21 November 2013 At Sea -- --

Friday, 22 November 2013 At Sea -- --

Saturday, 23 November 2013 Bali, Indonesia 07:00 18:00

Sunday, 24 November 2013 At Sea -- --

Monday, 25 November 2013 At Sea -- --

Tuesday, 26 November 2013 Darwin 07:00 16:00

Wednesday, 27 November 2013 At Sea -- --

Thursday, 28 November 2013 At Sea -- --

Friday, 29 November 2013 Port Douglas 07:00 17:00

Saturday, 30 November 2013 At Sea -- --

Sunday, 1 December 2013 At Sea -- --

Monday, 2 December 2013 Sydney 13:00 --

Tuesday, 3 December 2013 Sydney 07:00

That is an interesting itinerary. Did you notice that it returns to Singapore on 4/11? Do you think maybe they will sell it in 2 sectors, as well as 1?

Yes, it is already split into 2 cruises. 11 days Singapore to Singapore and then a 10 day Singapore to Singapore. I don't mind I love Singapore.

They have apparently added this unique itinerary because the Diamond was originally scheduled for a 3 week dry dock but that has been held over until 2014. So they had 3 weeks to fill.

Linda

Yes, it is already split into 2 cruises. 11 days Singapore to Singapore and then a 10 day Singapore to Singapore. I don't mind I love Singapore.

They have apparently added this unique itinerary because the Diamond was originally scheduled for a 3 week dry dock but that has been held over until 2014. So they had 3 weeks to fill.

Linda

I wonder if more ships will make use of Singapore's beautiful new wharf, as a hub?

Archived