Finally got to eat with an officer.

rt1092

We just got off the Explorer today and we were asked to dine with the Staff Captain~Pehr Pehrsson. This was our first cruise as D+, but we have no where near 300+ points. Although, I think someone we met in the Concierge pulled some strings for us. It was our 47th wedding anniversary. But, don't think that was the reason. We also didn't eat in the dining room, so doubt if it could have been the Head Waiter. So, I guess it is anybody's guess as to why we were invited. It was an honor and a pleasure. Last month, we were invited to dine with Capt. Olav, but had to decline as we didn't pack our formal wear. I thought we would be black listed after that, but I guess not...... It was a very nice dinner and felt privileged to be asked.

Gwen :)

We just got off the Explorer today and we were asked to dine with the Staff Captain~Pehr Pehrsson. This was our first cruise as D+, but we have no where near 300+ points. Although, I think someone we met in the Concierge pulled some strings for us. It was our 47th wedding anniversary. But, don't think that was the reason. We also didn't eat in the dining room, so doubt if it could have been the Head Waiter. So, I guess it is anybody's guess as to why we were invited. It was an honor and a pleasure. Last month, we were invited to dine with Capt. Olav, but had to decline as we didn't pack our formal wear. I thought we would be black listed after that, but I guess not...... It was a very nice dinner and felt privileged to be asked.

Gwen :)

How nice for you! What a lovely anniversary gift.

Just got off Rhapsody. Had our first dinner with Captain Rick. He is very entertaining and interesting. So happy it was with him, we have sailed with him 5 times. Our Diamond Concierge, Karen, called us her Diamond Suites Guests! She nominated us.

For those of you (men) who have had an opportunity to dine with the captain or another high ranking officer, are you generally in a tux, dinner jacket or suit – can you tell me which one. We generally get an invitation for a dinner. My husband usually takes a tux, but is considering taking a white dinner jacket instead.

Thanks, M

For those of you (men) who have had an opportunity to dine with the captain or another high ranking officer, are you generally in a tux, dinner jacket or suit – can you tell me which one. We generally get an invitation for a dinner. My husband usually takes a tux, but is considering taking a white dinner jacket instead.

Thanks, M

Dark suit.

Thanks, M

A white dinner jacket, considered to be totally accepted in the old days, during the summer months, is now accepted any time of the year. So is a suit, perferably dark in color.

Enjoy your dining experience. PS. We had a lady at the captains table in a pink t shirt. So, I guess anything goes today!!:)

Rick

Seems the majority of people asked to dine with the Captain etc are higher level C&A members in general?

Has anyone who was not a C&A member or suite guest been asked?

We are doing 3 cruises later in 2013 all on Radiance, the first is a week before the 2nd two which are B2B's.

I wonder if spending over a month on the ship will warrant an invite? :D

We will start out Gold C&A, move to Platinum after the first of the 3 cruises in the group, then be Emerald (15 days short of diamond) by the time we disembark.

That's got to be worth something! ;):D

do they have a Most Travelled Luncheon for the top 20 cruisers plus their partners during the cruise

It's called a lunch with an officer for those that have over 340 cruise points.

It can be the top 1000 cruisers.......if that many have 340 points or more.

And, I picked that number, because there are about 1000 with that number.

Rick

• 4 weeks later...

As previously mentioned....fancy paying all that money to eat with the crew !!!!!!!!

In reality, spent several happy cruises dining with two different ' Chief Pursers'....(probably rebranded as hotel manager or similar these days) on P&O ships. Both became family friends.

Service was exceptional in the restaurant and we were invited to many 'Pour Outs' or rather Pre dinner cocktail parties , in the officers' quarters. Gave a wonderful insight into Officers' lives aboard the ships.

As the years have passed and we approach retirement, we now prefer a more sedate style of cruise, often choosing to dine in the buffet to avoid all the fuss !!

Enjoy it if you are offered...try everything at least once.

Bon Voyage!

On our recent Serenade cruise the Officers hosted 2 large tables for cruisers with the requisite d number of points.

It was last sea day in the dining room with the ordinary lunch menu but lots of nice wine and was most enjoyable.

Different ships do different things for their Dine with an Officer.

Archived