Finally got to eat with an officer.

rt1092

Finally got to eat with an officer. On our lastest Monarch cruise we were invited to dine with the Hotel director on day 3 of the cruise.

It was great. Different menu than the regulat MDR and lots of perks Including a free group shot.

Just off of the Brilliance today, from a B2B2B. Once per cruise, anyone with 340 cruise points or more was invited to dine with one of the ships officers. The lunch was held in Chops restaurant, and the tables hosted by 3 stripers. The first week we had about 20 people in attendance.

The captain and hotel director spent a few minutes at each table.

The last table was held day before yesterday. We did not attend, but there were 3 passengers and 3 officers at the only table used.

This covered Royal Caribbean's "dine with an officer" program, for those that were entitled.

Rick

rick -

OK – when I first read the post I thought it said Strippers – not stripers. A huge difference!

m

ps - We enjoy the “meal with an officer” perk. Our has always been on a formal night and in the dining room.

lol I did the same thing.... "Three strippers!?" ohhhh...stripers.

We had breakfast with Capt Olav almost every morning on EX last month. Of course, it was in the Suite breakfast in Portofino's. He eats there when he doesn't have to be on the bridge (i.e., when pulling into port). He said hello and goodbye to whoever was there, but everyone left him alone to eat in peace. BTW, he had muesli most days.:)

Still waiting to have dinner with an officer.

rick -

OK – when I first read the post I thought it said Strippers – not stripers. A huge difference!

m

ps - We enjoy the “meal with an officer” perk. Our has always been on a formal night and in the dining room.

I would not be here to tell of the dining if it were strippers. My DW would have found a way to heave me overboard, and allow some time to pass before reporting my disappearance!:D:D:D

Rick

I would not be here to tell of the dining if it were strippers. My DW would have found a way to heave me overboard, and allow some time to pass before reporting my disappearance!:D:D:D

Rick

Most of the officers would not make good strippers anyhow. Lol

We had dinner with Captain Claus Anderson on the Radiance of the Seas on our August cruise in Alaska. Wonderful experience, great food. My wife was seated to his right.

I understand he will be switching to the Navigator of the Seas sometime next year.

Merry Christmas and a Joyous New Year everyone!

For great Christmas music and stories visit Nancy's Oasis Christmas Stories Corner

Finally got to eat with an officer. On our lastest Monarch cruise we were invited to dine with the Hotel director on day 3 of the cruise.

It was great. Different menu than the regulat MDR and lots of perks Including a free group shot.

Isn't John a darling? We got to know him this spring on a B2B that just happened to be the spring break from hell week. John saved the trip for us.

We were on the Monarch a couple of weeks ago, and it was a pleasure to see him again.

Hopefully, John and his team will be able to stay on when the Enchantment comes in a couple months.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the dinner! (of 'proper' lobster)

Wendy

This happened in 1998 when we were on a Mediterranean cruise on the Vision of the Seas. We were a party of 9 and one night there were 11 places at the table. The chief engineer and his wife ate at our table. The chief engineer was a low talker and my sister sat next to him. She was stuck doing all of the talking. His wife was next to me but she didn't speak English. It was sort of uncomfortable because we had some younger kids and were worried they would be rowdy but they did all right. We did get a photo and wine with dinner. Later that week there were 11 places at the table again and my sister said I had to sit next to him this time, that she was all out of charm. But they did not show up that night.

Other than those people with a gazillion cruise points, how do they decide who should eat with the captain? Is it just random?

One way is to ask.

Second ,have the conceirge ask.

Third, head waiter has some input.

the formula remains a secret but we have eaten at the captain's tabele many times.

We had dinner with Captain Claus Anderson on the Radiance of the Seas on our August cruise in Alaska. Wonderful experience, great food. My wife was seated to his right.

I understand he will be switching to the Navigator of the Seas sometime next year.

Merry Christmas and a Joyous New Year everyone!

For great Christmas music and stories visit Nancy's Oasis Christmas Stories Corner

Capt Claus was moved to Navigator this year, he's already completed one rotation, just went home 12-15 and will be back in February.

Just off of the Brilliance today, from a B2B2B. Once per cruise, anyone with 340 cruise points or more was invited to dine with one of the ships officers. The lunch was held in Chops restaurant, and the tables hosted by 3 stripers. The first week we had about 20 people in attendance.

The captain and hotel director spent a few minutes at each table.

The last table was held day before yesterday. We did not attend, but there were 3 passengers and 3 officers at the only table used.

This covered Royal Caribbean's "dine with an officer" program, for those that were entitled.

Rick

Welcome back to reality, Rick and Bobbie!!!

How was the third cruise??? Sorry I did not had a chance to say goodbye to the two of you!!!

Glad that you made home safe and sound!!!

Happy cooking to Bobbie and have a healthy and joyous holidays!!!!

Franca

Most of the officers would not make good strippers anyhow. Lol

Lol. Some of us might look at it differently, Dave.

I really do not know if any the officers would be good strippers, but I think on average they'd be better than the passengers. Younger and leaner and fitter on average, I think.

Archived