10:15 FLL Flight, Possible??

bchbuumm

It's possible you could make it. But I know that if it was me I would find myself stressing all week during the cruise if I would make my flight.

I would book a later flight to avoid the stress, to make your cruise a more enjoyable experience.

And, this is the key. I have seen too many people who book early flights, stress about it so much that it ruins part of the cruise and push to be first off the ship. If you don't care for stress don't book the early flight because there is risk that you will miss it. Even if the chance is 20% that you miss it, is that something you really want to do? For me it is a very simple answer. No.

Keith

We would be getting off the Carnival Freedom in FLL that morning? Is a 10:15 flight in the realm of possible?

There are 3 major risks that are not controllable and would make this very risky: Ship getting to the port late (unlikely); backup at customs or a misplaced bag (more likely); backup at baggage check-in or security at FLL (very possible). Book after noon and save yourself some worries

I wouldn't book anything before 11:30 if possible. You are probably getting that flight cheaper than a later one??? You are paying less to fill up the plane. Frequent cruisers know what can go wrong. If you miss it, chances of you getting on another later flight are much less nowadays with fewer seats available on all airlines. If you are a gambler, and walk off the ship early with your bags, you can probably do it. But as others said...you will have that look of worry at the dinner table the night before!!:o Worth it? You have to decide.

I wouldn't book a flight then, but.....if all goes without a hitch as far as the ship docking, immigration and customs and you do the "self walk off" or whatever Carnival calls it, you grab a cab, you probably will make it.

Archived