Afternoon canapés in concierge and aqua class

lawk

Personally, I love the canapes, but my wife hates them. I guess it all depends upon your palate.

We had a suite for the first time last cruise, and my wife asked for shrimp cocktail - I asked for the canapes and cheese/cracker plate. Every afternoon he brought her a plate of 20-25 shrimp along with the cocktail sauce. He was an excellent butler. :)

I will be sailing in Concierge Class for the first time this March, and I was curious about some of the amenities. Do I have to be in the stateroom to receive the daily canapés? Or will they just drop them off?

Sometimes they won't deliver them if you are not there. Just tell your stateroom attendant that you want them and to leave them whether you are there are not.

Not worth staying in your cabin waitng for and if you happen to be in the cabin it isn't worth the effort to answer the door. :D

IMO nothing in an S-Class ship's CC cabins are worth the extra monies. In an M-Class ship the CC cabins are larger and a wee bit better value. ~ Ric

Well, I can certainly tell you that I am not a fan. The stuff they deliver seems to be aged and had been sitting someplace for quite some time. While it is a superb effort to make guests feel special, I for one would recommend they do something with better quality or not do it at all. However, I did not know that one could request cookies, crackers, fruit and cheese. I will certainly be requesting this on our January cruise. :D

One of the great things about cruises....if you do not like the culinary offerings...go to another restaurant. There is absolutely no way that anyone would not be able to satisfy their hunger and desire on a Celebrity cruise.

We, too, gave up on the canapes after the 1st day (we were in a Sky Suite on the Century). As I am allergic to many of the ingredients, I asked our butler for something else. Now I must say that this butler was truly undeserving of his title. He looked totally "bothered" at being asked for either a cheese plate or a shrimp cocktail to replace the dried out, mystery meat canapes. "They don't do that," he informed me. Then he merely shook his head when I informed him that, yes, on other cruises, people have had their canapes replaced in such ways. Well, short of taking over the butler's duties myself, I decided to let the canape issue go until the end of the cruise, whereupon I filled in the customer satisfaction questionnaire in no uncertain terms!

I'm not sure why the afternoon canapes are notoriously bad--we enjoyed most other foods on our cruise. This is certainly one case where "it's the thought that counts" or "it's the idea of the thing" doesn't cut it.

My husband and I were recently in an aft C1 on the Summit. I liked the canapes-he did not. I'm an afternoon tea person so they seem to go well with that. He likes a sweet afternoon snack. Everyday, our room attendant brought a slice of chocolate cake along with our canapes and he didn't seem put out at all. It was that yummy fudgy one they serve in the MDR at night.

They always brought them to the cabin whether we were there or not.

Have been in AQ a number of times and the stateroom attendent subbed a cheese plate for us and many others from the look of his cart, but being in the room at the right time was sometimes a problem. Was in a regular veranda this recent trip, and getting your own plate of mini-sandwiches, cheese selection or sushi, allows you to pick the variety, amount, and important, timing of delivery.

cheese & crackers varied with the regular fare every so often is enough for a quick bite... don't need much more & can skip them if you want..

DH does not eat most fish so we split whatever is offered...

if everyone disllikes them so much they will probabaly be deleted!!

why dont you just ask youre butler to bring you a selection of beautifully prepared mini sandwiches and delightfull pastries from the Cafe, or if he says no, go and fetch them youreselves, thats what we are going to do

CC cabins don't come with a Butler. But it dose cost you an extra $0.50 pp per day to have the canapés delivered, even if you don't want them. As I said earlier there is nothing compelling enough to cause us the pay extra for a CC cabin. Although, the gold cards are cute:rolleyes:, or are they bronze? ~ Ric

Archived