Live from VOS (in New Zealand)

Hi all, I know that pre cruise I was very interested in what was going on on board - especially with the Niro virus. We are currently in Dunedin, the second day we received info saying Noro was on the ship. Although since then I have heard of 1 case. And as of this morning we are serving ourselves again at the buffet. Hand sanitizer machines are still everywhere and most seem to be using them. And hand washing is constantly encouraged including lessons on the tv channels. Beautiful weather but bring a jacket as the wind is cold. Not many are braving the pools either at the moment and we had big winds yesterday which caused them to be closed and deck chairs tied down.

We are just about to leave the port.

I'll try to answer questions if you have any:)

Hi all, I know that pre cruise I was very interested in what was going on on board - especially with the Niro virus. We are currently in Dunedin, the second day we received info saying Noro was on the ship. Although since then I have heard of 1 case. And as of this morning we are serving ourselves again at the buffet. Hand sanitizer machines are still everywhere and most seem to be using them. And hand washing is constantly encouraged including lessons on the tv channels. Beautiful weather but bring a jacket as the wind is cold. Not many are braving the pools either at the moment and we had big winds yesterday which caused them to be closed and deck chairs tied down.

We are just about to leave the port.

I'll try to answer questions if you have any:)

Are you having a good time other then noro being around? :) Are the

Aussies behaving themselves this time unlike the 1 nighter? :eek:

Everyone is behaving very well from what I've seen - we are having a great time. We are nearly ready to leave Picton - very pretty. Snowed capped mountains most of our way here.

If you like bingo get in early as lines for cards are huge!! Backed up several flights of stairs! They had to move it from cleopatras needle to the theatre to fit everyone in.

I remember reading somewhere that there were no clotheslines. We are in a D1 aft balcony and there is a retractable one in the shower.

Everyone is behaving very well from what I've seen - we are having a great time. We are nearly ready to leave Picton - very pretty. Snowed capped mountains most of our way here.

If you like bingo get in early as lines for cards are huge!! Backed up several flights of stairs! They had to move it from cleopatras needle to the theatre to fit everyone in.

I remember reading somewhere that there were no clotheslines. We are in a D1 aft balcony and there is a retractable one in the shower.

Thankyou. We sail on her to NZ in Jan, so any info is great :D

Glad you are enjoying your cruise? Could you tell me if they have kettles in the stateroom? I know this is an odd question but this cruise we are on next we have lashed out and got a balcony room. Thought it would be good to have a kettle in the room. If not, I may throw my travel one in the suitcase. :D

Glad you are enjoying your cruise? Could you tell me if they have kettles in the stateroom? I know this is an odd question but this cruise we are on next we have lashed out and got a balcony room. Thought it would be good to have a kettle in the room. If not, I may throw my travel one in the suitcase. :D

AFAIK any heating equipment (with the exception of hair straighteners I understand) is not allowed on board as it will constitute a fire hazard. I think that a travel kettle falls into this category.

Check the information provided on the cruise line's web site - there will be a spot where they outline what can and cannot be brought aboard.

Irons and kettles are a NO NO on any cruise ship.

Not only are they a fire hazard, but the electrical circuits are not wired up to handle the load

and you could blow a whole section of your deck out......

especially if the galley is preparing dinner and the chefs want all the power for cooking .:D

Irons and kettles are a NO NO on any cruise ship.

Not only are they a fire hazard, but the electrical circuits are not wired up to handle the load

and you could blow a whole section of your deck out......

especially if the galley is preparing dinner and the chefs want all the power for cooking .:D

when we cruised on the Rhapsody we had a kettle in our cabin and someone else posted that they still have them

How is the food? There were some mixed reviews when Voyager first arrived but recent pics I have seen from another onboard review show the food looking great MDR and Buffet!

Den

Hi. My husband and I were on Voyager 8th December. Main dining room food is amazing! Wouldn't even bother booking Portofinos again (except for their fillet steak). Good size meals in the dining room and a great choice. Windjammer food was good too, much better than your average buffet, but we preferred the dining room..

Hi. Sailed 08/12/2012 Voyager. We were in balcony cabin 7546 (D2 class) and had a kettle and tea bags/milk/sugar supplied. No coffee though.

Hi. My husband and I were on Voyager 8th December. Main dining room food is amazing! Wouldn't even bother booking Portofinos again (except for their fillet steak). Good size meals in the dining room and a great choice. Windjammer food was good too, much better than your average buffet, but we preferred the dining room..

Thats so reassuring about the Main dining room food & Windjammers. With all the negativity i was getting a little worried :( especially as we talked in- laws into coming on their first cruise :D

Great news! I supposes some are just more picky than others?

MDR 3 meals a day for us,one of the highlights of cruising ( with a bit of Buffet "Samplers" in between lol) :)

Den

Hi ya, we are now on a sea day - heading towards tauranga ( apparently pronounced ta-rong).

Yes we have a kettle in our room with tea and coffee also a mini fridge, hair dryer and safe. Food has been great - main dining room is amazing - I couldn't fit my main in!

Windjammer is great also - yesterday we had Chinese for dinner ( with other options too), the stir fry station ( where they cook exactly what you want) is great and worth the wait in line.

This morning we did the dream works character breakfast. Didnt cost any extra and the kids loved it. Lots of photo ops with the characters. Limited numbers so book early.

Wellington is a great day but it's worth paying $10 ea for the shuttle as its spread out and the centre of town is quite a walk from the ship. The shuttle takes you to the museum and centre of town then back to the ship. (runs every 15mins).

The museum is fantastic and free and can easily take hours to see properly. lots of interactive stuff for the kids.

And of course tonight is new years eve - balloons are already in nets above the promenade and we have bought light up glasses/cups. Hats etc are handed out at dinner. There's a big screen they use for the count down and the cruise director Gordon tells us there's free champagne handed out and confetti guns that will go off too.

Hi ya, we are now on a sea day - heading towards tauranga ( apparently pronounced ta-rong).

Yes we have a kettle in our room with tea and coffee also a mini fridge, hair dryer and safe. Food has been great - main dining room is amazing - I couldn't fit my main in!

Windjammer is great also - yesterday we had Chinese for dinner ( with other options too), the stir fry station ( where they cook exactly what you want) is great and worth the wait in line.

This morning we did the dream works character breakfast. Didnt cost any extra and the kids loved it. Lots of photo ops with the characters. Limited numbers so book early.

Wellington is a great day but it's worth paying $10 ea for the shuttle as its spread out and the centre of town is quite a walk from the ship. The shuttle takes you to the museum and centre of town then back to the ship. (runs every 15mins).

The museum is fantastic and free and can easily take hours to see properly. lots of interactive stuff for the kids.

And of course tonight is new years eve - balloons are already in nets above the promenade and we have bought light up glasses/cups. Hats etc are handed out at dinner. There's a big screen they use for the count down and the cruise director Gordon tells us there's free champagne handed out and confetti guns that will go off too.

Thanks so much for your updates:D have a wonderful time tonight.

HAPPY NEW YEAR:D

Archived