most travelled passenger luncheon

boomerone

I've never heard of more than one on longer cruises & on my just completed 32 day B2B cruises from Rome to Galveston there were a lot of Elites onboard. On the 12 day there were about 350 Elites with the cutoff at 367 days...on the 20 day there were about 550 Elites. With under 300 days I didn't even bother to ask the Captain's Circle hostess what the cutoff was with that many Elites...I didn't want her to laugh at me! ;)

We're booked on the Royal's Maiden TA which undoubtedly will even have more than 550 Elites onboard with speculation being that it will require well over 500 days to get an invitation to the Most Traveled event.

The decision to have either the lunch/cocktail party is made by the CC host and the Captain.
And, there's one per cruise, whether it's a luncheon or cocktail party. It's usually a luncheon, though.

If the cruise is sold as both a longer cruise and a B2B, there will be a luncheon on each segment even if you've booked it as one cruise.

There is only one MTL no matter how many cruise days there are. Cocktail parties, which I do not prefer, are usually on the very port intensive cruises or on 7 day cruises with 4 ports. We are boarding the Ruby on Sunday and I hope to have the luncheon, but will not be surprised if it's the cocktail party.

There is only one MTL no matter how many cruise days there are. Cocktail parties, which I do not prefer, are usually on the very port intensive cruises or on 7 day cruises with 4 ports. We are boarding the Ruby on Sunday and I hope to have the luncheon, but will not be surprised if it's the cocktail party.

I really think it is up to the Captain.

I have had very port intensive cruises with lunches (with only one sea day) and cruises with lots of sea days and had cocktail parties. I think it is purely preference.

And, there's one per cruise, whether it's a luncheon or cocktail party. It's usually a luncheon, though.

I don't necessarily agree with this. My experience doesn't show that they are mostly lunches. I went years where the party was always a cocktail party but my last several have all been lunches. Though my last 5 cruises have been lunches and have been with the same Captain. I think it is purely preference of the Captain and possibly itinerary (though this Captain didn't show up at all of them, he does every other luncheon according to the Captain Circle Host). There is one Captain who I know prefers cocktail parties and when I am on his ship, regardless of amount of sea days, it is always a cocktail party.

We were on the Ruby in March, they did a luncheon on the last sea day in Sabatini's.

We have 223 sea days Have never made the cutoff. I just wonder if we have a chance on our next 2 cruises. May coastal and May Alaska. Just wondering

We have a similar number of sea days. We made the cut off much to our surprise on our 7 day Ruby in March. So you might as well.

If the cruise is sold as both a longer cruise and a B2B, there will be a luncheon on each segment even if you've booked it as one cruise.

To Pam and all the CC helpers----thanks for your responses, now I have my answer. I guess we better book more cruises. Perhaps you could take a break for awhile and let me catch up? Maybe donate some of your excess days to me? I suppose there are just two chances of either of those options happening! Hopefully we'll meet onboard someday. Over the past 3 years of reading your posts, I feel as if I already know some of you. Cheers! John

You probably have a chance in Alaska, but it all depends on the passenger mix.
I agree, or a Caribbean or short cruise. I have 297 days and was invited to only my 3rd MTP event on my Island cruise from Vancouver to FLL a couple of months ago. There's probably a good chance I'll be invited on my Caribbean cruise out of Galveston in Feb but I doubt I'll be invited on my Alaskan B2B segment in May as many (including me) are cruising all the way from Beijing to Vancouver.

We have 223 sea days Have never made the cutoff. I just wonder if we have a chance on our next 2 cruises. May coastal and May Alaska. Just wondering

You probably have a chance in Alaska, but it all depends on the passenger mix.

My only invitation was on an early season Alaskan 7 day cruise roundtrip from Seattle. I had just reached the Elite level & was #7 with only 172 days with the top 3 cutoff at only 260 days. There were a couple of seadays but it was the cocktail party only. Our captain was Capt. Calabrese who was very personable however in previous discussions the consensus was that he wants the party instead on the luncheon.

Sailing primarily on longer cruises the more we sail on Princess the further we get from the MTP event which certainly isn't why I cruise. Good luck because with 272 days I think there are 2 chances for me to get invited...slim & none. ;)

Our captain was Capt. Calabrese who was very personable however in previous discussions the consensus was that he wants the party instead on the luncheon.

He is definitely one of the ones who prefers Cocktail Parties as opposed to Luncheons. Doesn't matter the number of sea days, if he is Captain, it has been my experience you will have a Cocktail party. To his benefit, one of the nicer Cocktail parties I have had was on a Canada/NE cruise with him. He did the party in Skywalkers and had a ton of really good appetizers. He also said that he likes it up there so that he can invite more then the top 40 people. I agree - he is a great guy!

The best cocktail party I have had was in the Ward Room on the Dawn Princess. This beat any luncheon I have ever had!

For full suite, do they award double days credit for most traveled as they do for plat/elite status? Happy new year cruisers!

No, you get two cruise credits for traveling in a suite, but not double days. This is for both the MTL and for Captain's Circle status.

Happy New Year

For full suite, do they award double days credit for most traveled as they do for plat/elite status? Happy new year cruisers!

No, you get two cruise credits for traveling in a suite, but not double days. This is for both the MTL and for Captain's Circle status.
I don't think anyone is awarded double days. Ever. Singles get two cruise credits but then as a single, I usually pay for the cabin, not the per-person rate. I believe singles in a full suite get three cruise credits. As Paul says, cruise credits are not the same as cruise days.

Archived