Ruby Princess Review Dec 16-23rd 2012

Grumpy69

Great review! We were one the same voyage though we didn't make the M&G (I don't know if you did or not). I agree with pretty much all of it (and have very little useful to add).

It seems to be a reoccurring theme that the Any Time dining (which I assume you were on since you ate in two MDRs for dinners) has somewhat spotty service. We did 2nd seating with the same two servers throughout the cruise and the service was excellent! After a few cruises we've found that a 2nd seating w/snacks late afternoon or early evening seems to hit the sweet spot of great dining service and some flexibility on when we eat something. Princess did well scheduling events around the 2 dinner seatings, so we never felt "trapped" by dinner causing us to miss something we wanted to do or see.

I also agree that Grand Turk was a little overrun with the Carnival pax, but I'm sad it's being dropped on next year's itinerary for a sea day. According to the Future Cruise Consultant on-board, with the new ship people (read: CCL management) want more time on-board versus being able to enjoy a beach and port offerings. Although a bottle of beer on Grand Turk @ Margaritaville cost more than on-board so ymmv.

I also agree that Grand Turk was a little overrun with the Carnival pax, but I'm sad it's being dropped on next year's itinerary for a sea day. According to the Future Cruise Consultant on-board, with the new ship people (read: CCL management) want more time on-board versus being able to enjoy a beach and port offerings.

As if someone forces them to get off the ship when it is at any port.

Great review! We were one the same voyage though we didn't make the M&G (I don't know if you did or not). I agree with pretty much all of it (and have very little useful to add).

It seems to be a reoccurring theme that the Any Time dining (which I assume you were on since you ate in two MDRs for dinners) has somewhat spotty service. We did 2nd seating with the same two servers throughout the cruise and the service was excellent! After a few cruises we've found that a 2nd seating w/snacks late afternoon or early evening seems to hit the sweet spot of great dining service and some flexibility on when we eat something. Princess did well scheduling events around the 2 dinner seatings, so we never felt "trapped" by dinner causing us to miss something we wanted to do or see.

I also agree that Grand Turk was a little overrun with the Carnival pax, but I'm sad it's being dropped on next year's itinerary for a sea day. According to the Future Cruise Consultant on-board, with the new ship people (read: CCL management) want more time on-board versus being able to enjoy a beach and port offerings. Although a bottle of beer on Grand Turk @ Margaritaville cost more than on-board so ymmv.

I'm with you in regards to Grand Turk being dropped next year. We booked the Royal

Princess, but are still not happy. We may cancel and choose something else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for posting your review. It wasn't nearly as Grumpy as I anticipated ;)

We've never had a problem getting bottled water (we usually order 3-4 each cruise, easier than hauling it), we just ordered it from room service. Did you order it from your cabin attendant? Ours has always been delivered in just a few minutes.

Archived