Beverages available online from HAL - disappearing?

Windsailer

I always buy a bottle of rum for my husband to have onboard from the HAL site before we cruise. When checking on the beverages available for my two upcoming cruises (May - Pacific Coastal and August - Northern Europe) the list of what you can buy is considerably smaller - no rum, only a gin and tonic package and the rest are wines. Anyone else noticed this? What's going on?

Wow, Windsailer you're right. I usually order specific beverages around 90 days before I cruise and the beverage list for liquor is gone with the exception of wine and gin, which you mention. It certainly makes me angry that these beverages can not be pre-ordered even at shipboard prices. Seems to me the only option is to smuggle your preferred hooch aboard!:mad:

I just looked at this on Monday and there were well over 100 items being offered. Now there are only 58 items on the list and what I always order is missing. Perhaps they are doing some sort of maintenance on the website (probably raising the prices). I can't imagine a reason they would offer a gin and tonic package and nothing else.

That said, I have successfully pre-ordered various items that were never on the list for in-cabin consumption in the past. You just need to call them to order it, you can't do it online. I was told by the representative on the phone that if its something on the standard bar stock list, it can be pre-ordered.

You might just wait til you get on the ship to get your bottle. They carry just about any thing you would want.

Yes, you can purchase a bottle delivered to your room from room service or buy one at a bar.

Don't buy it until after the ship has left FLL or whichever U.S. port or you likely will be charged sales tax to the state.

Yes, you can purchase a bottle delivered to your room from room service or buy one at a bar.

Don't buy it until after the ship has left FLL or whichever U.S. port or you likely will be charged sales tax to the state.

On the Amsterdam we were having a cocktail in the Ocean Bar and a couple asked the bar tender if they could buy a bottle of alcohol for their cabin.

They were told that they could order only through room service. No more ordering from the bar.

I just made a call to my PCC, and guess what appeared thirty minutes later??? The page now begins with Cutty Sark, and continues with 102 items for order for delivery to your stateroom. I'd like to think my PCC Brett had something to do with it.:)

This thread made me laugh! I ordered the Gin/tonic pkg yesterday because it is what I drink on my balcony. That was the only booze on the list and felt a little snotty, "Ha ha! Got MY drinks, what are YOU going to do?" I will have to play nice and look again today for a little bottle of Dewars for my dh.

It is the same list that I ordered from back in 2012 for a cruise.

It has not changed. The only change is that the prices went up slightly in September 2012.

The online list was dramatically reduced yesterday at the time I looked. It appears to be back to normal now. It must have been an error. They probably made the error while they were updating the list to increase the prices. :(

It is the same list that I ordered from back in 2012 for a cruise.

It has not changed. The only change is that the prices went up slightly in September 2012.

:) Well, yes,,,,,,,,,, The list did change.

If the prices were increased from the previous list, I consider that a considerable change.

From a 'just me' point of view, it doesn't matter as we don't purchase liquor for our cabin but certainly if bottles ordered in advance are more costly than drinks on the ship 'probably' are more costly as well.

Yup, that's a change. ;) IMO

When we booked our cruise a few months ago, I was looking at the wine packages. They had one package that included 7 bottles of wine, a wine tasting and two dinners in the specialty restaurant. That choice is no longer available now. Wish I had gotten it when I first saw it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 1 month later...
Where would I find this list ? Is it any different to order before cruise or whilst on ?

the list is under indulgences. (log in - go to your booking - and underneath you will see purchase shore excursions, indulgences, etc.).

it is no different if you order on board than ahead of time on line. Just don't order when you are too close to a port that charges sales tax if you order onboard (ie. Fort Lauderdale) - if you do you will be charged sales tax.

Where would I find this list ? Is it any different to order before cruise or whilst on ?

SPIRITS -- 1 Liter bottles -- prices below include the 15% gratuity

Cutty Sark -- $33.35

Kahlua -- $39.10

Vodka: Belvedere -- $72.45

Vodka: Tanqueray Sterling -- $36.80

Cognac: Remy Martin VSOP -- $102.35

Cognac: Remy Martin XO -- $228.85

Whiskey - Irish: Jameson --$44.85

Cognac: Hennessy VS -- $96.60

Tequila: Jose Quervo Gold -- $35.65

Sherry: Harvey's Medium --$59.80

Sherry: Tio Pepe --$59.80

Vodka: Stolichnaya --$31.05

Vodka: Skyy --$29.90

Vodka: Absolut --$33.35

Vodka: Chopin -- $72.45

Vodka: Grey Goose -- $71.30

Vodka: Finlandia -- $31.05

Vodka: Smirnoff -- $28.75

Rum: Bacardi White -- $36.80

Rum: Bacardi Gold -- $35.65

Liqueurs: Tia Maria --$52.90

Liqueurs: Southern Comfort --$39.10

Liqueurs: Sambuca -Opal Negro -- $47.15

Liqueurs: Grand Marnier -- $79.35

Liqueurs: Drambuie -- $63.25

Liqueurs: Cointreau -- $58.65

Liqueurs: Baileys Irish Cream -- $48.30

Liqueurs: Amaretto -- $54.05

Gin: Bombay Sapphire -- $44.85

Gin: Tanqueray -- $43.70

Gin: Beefeater -- $33.35

Whiskey: Seagrams V.O. -- $31.05

Whiskey: Seagrams 7 --$31.05

Whiskey: Canadian Club -- $33.35

Whiskey: Crown Royal --$44.85

Bourbon: Jim Beam -- $35.65

Scotch: J. Walker Black Label --$79.35

Scotch: J. Walker Red Label -- $37.95

Scotch: Dewar's White Label --$50.60

Scotch: J&B Rare -- $37.95

Scotch: Ballentines -- $41.40

Scotch: Chivas Regal - 12 Y.O. -- $67.85

Rum: Myers -- $33.35

BEER

Miller Genuine Draft domestic beer: 6-pack -- $26.45

Bud Light domestic beer: 6-pack -- $26.45

Budweiser domestic beer: 6-pack -- $26.45

Corona imported beer: 6-pack -- $29.90

Amstel Light imported beer: 6-pack -- $29.90

Heineken imported beer: 6-pack -- $29.90

Miller Lite domestic beer: 6-pack -- $26.45

WINE PACKAGES

Navigator's Wine Package: 3-Bottle -- $102.35

Navigator's Wine Package: 5-Bottle -- $171.35

Admiral's Wine Package: 3-Bottle -- $135.70

Admiral's Wine Package: 5-Bottle -- $228.85

Cellar Master Package, Single, 11+ Days -- $259.00

Cellar Master Package, Double, 11+ Days -- $323.00

WINE AND CHAMPAGNES

Mumm, Cordon Rouge, Brut, France -- $74.64

Cuvee Dom Perignon, Brut, France -- $251.74

White Zinfandel, Beringer, CA -- $36.69

Zonin Moscato -- $36.25

Grant Burge Benchmark Shiraz -- $36.25

Luigi Bosca La Linda Malbec -- $36.25

Merlot, Northstar, Walla Walla, WA -- $112.59

Bon Voyage Red Wine -- $24.04

Bon Voyage White Wine -- $24.04

Rudi Sodamin Chef's Selection Chardonnay -- $36.69

Rudi Sodamin Chef's Selection Cabernet Sauvignon --$36.69

Rosemount Estate Shiraz -- $49.34

Silverado Cabernet Sauvignon -- $99.94

Cline Cellars Zinfandel -- $44.28

Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough -- $56.93

Ruffino Pinot Grigio -- $49.34

Robert Mondavi Private Selection Merlot -- $46.81

Beringer Founder's Estate Cabernet -- $49.34

Veuve Cliquot, Yellow Label -- $112.59

Ferrari-Carano Alexander Valley Chardonnay -- $87.29

When we booked our cruise a few months ago, I was looking at the wine packages. They had one package that included 7 bottles of wine, a wine tasting and two dinners in the specialty restaurant. That choice is no longer available now. Wish I had gotten it when I first saw it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I just saw it on HAL's site:

Cellar Master Wines Single 11+ days = $259

Cellar Master Wines Double 11+ days = $323

A premium wine tasting experience is available throughout the length of your cruise with the Cellar Master Package. Two wine tasting events conducted by our Cellar Master, two evenings of fine dining in the Pinnacle Grill, five vintage bottles based on the wine navigators' preference, a Holland America Line commemorative bottle and wine gift are included for on board enjoyment. Pricing based on single guest, 11+ day voyages. A 15% service charge is included in the price of the item. You must be 21 years of age or older to order and receive alcoholic beverages.

Archived