Toiletries in inside cabins

smtcan

It is many years since we last cruised with Princess and now I am thinking about packing for our upcoming South America cruise on Star. Can someone tell me what is supplied in the way of toiletries? Is there shampoo and conditioner and shower gel? What is the quality like? Does Princess supply robes? I find the shampoo and conditioner on Celebrity perfectly adequate for my short hair, but I am disappointed that they do not provide gel unless you are in Concierge class or above. We hope to keep the weight of our suitcases to a minimum, so we can easily manage them ourselves on the land portion of our trip.

Thanks for your help

Sheila

Of course you'll get bars of soap too.
You're right. Forgot about that. :) I was on the Sea Princess years ago and all they had was a body gel, no bars of soap, no shampoo or conditioner. I asked everywhere on the ship. Nothing. I had to go out and buy some.

I thought they offered body wash in the mini suites.

It smells of eucalyptus. I like it, but others do not.

We had body gel recently in our balcony cabin which is part of the 'upgraded' toiletries for Captain's Circle Elite members.

Upgraded Bathroom Amenities

Regardless of your stateroom type, your stateroom bathroom will be stocked with the upgraded amenities normally reserved only for Suite guests.

The toiletries in inside cabins are exactly the same as any other cabin except for full suites: shampoo, conditioner and lotion. No bath gel.

But Stewart or Stewartess will get shower/bath gel for you if you ask.

Somehow I was given some special status on the cruise I just finished (not that I'm complaining...) and found some items that we didn't get on our previous cruises on Princess. Is this the package that elite/suite passengers get?

Yes

Regarding the bathrobes: you have to requeset them; we got the "waffle-weave" cotton ones - perfect for me (5'4", 113lbs), completely useless to DH (6'2", 190lbs).

I'm guessing they are "One size fits all smallish people" :)

Archived