Celebrity Australia/New Zealand

Just wondering if anyone else is having difficulty getting through to Celebrity Australia/New Zealand.

We have had a cabin on courtesy hold twice now and after repeatedly trying to get through by phone we have had no luck. Have been 'on hold' for up to 40 mins!!! Called both Thursday and Friday during the middle of the day

We have an 'Open Passage" certificate and as we have not used one before we don't know how to proceed with using the $200 deposit and accessing the OBC.

Any help would be appreciated.

Just wondering if anyone else is having difficulty getting through to Celebrity Australia/New Zealand.

We have had a cabin on courtesy hold twice now and after repeatedly trying to get through by phone we have had no luck. Have been 'on hold' for up to 40 mins!!! Called both Thursday and Friday during the middle of the day

We have an 'Open Passage" certificate and as we have not used one before we don't know how to proceed with using the $200 deposit and accessing the OBC.

Any help would be appreciated.

Perhaps the office is very short on staff due to the holiday period, most Sydney offices were shut down last week. Maybe better luck on Monday. Operations for Celebrity in Australia are conducted from the Royal Caribbean Office in Sydney (the parent company.)

These Open Passage Certificates you mention, I have never heard of them before. But then this is our first Celebrity cruise, we are normally Princess cruisers.

I have never had to telephone the office but have read on our roll call that they can be very difficult to get through to. I have emailed them (as did my TA) about an issue on a cruise and their response rate was incredibly slow. Then again, I posted a negative comment on FB and had them reply very quickly and then they telephoned me - that was interesting.

Good luck. Maybe they will be better from next week as they may have staff off on leave (not an excuse I know).

I have never had to telephone the office but have read on our roll call that they can be very difficult to get through to. I have emailed them (as did my TA) about an issue on a cruise and their response rate was incredibly slow. Then again, I posted a negative comment on FB and had them reply very quickly and then they telephoned me - that was interesting.

Good luck. Maybe they will be better from next week as they may have staff off on leave (not an excuse I know).

Thanks Aussieflyer - perhaps I will use your tactic if I have no luck on Monday!

Maybe I should just go through my TA.

Have the cabin on hold again!

I have one of those as well - bought it on the Century. I havent tried to use it yet but I seem to recall he because the certificate already has its own 'reservation' number it has to be converted into a booking. I think that means the hold booking gets cancelled and the Open Passage becomes the booking. Not sure though. Ill be interested to hear how you get on

Grrr.. i have been trying to get a hold of them all day with no luck!!

Is there a secret number that I should be trying??

I usually have no problem on 1800 754 500. Of course you have to press a lot of buttons but you do get someone eventually. :)

Thanks - actually sent a message of FB. Did get a reply to say they are very busy could I message asking ship and cruise and they see what they can do. But now I am waiting for the new special to see what happens!

Nope, not just Celebrity. We booked and fully paid for a Celeb cruise on 21/12/12. All confirmed by TA and cabin allocated. Imagine our surprise to see the cabin still available online. Two weeks later still no cabin, no reply from TA, Celebrity in Sydney contacted on 28/12/12. we were told to contact TA! Cruise three weeks away and we dont have a cabin allocated but they have our money!

Last week when I phoned RCI/Celebrity in Sydney I was on hold for 40 minutes until they finally answered, its always the same dosn't matter what day or time you try. Sending them an email is no better it took them 6 days to answer my question. I really think they need to employ more staff in the office to handle the Aussie cruising season.

Rant over ;)

Had no luck over the phone but they did reply to my facebook msg. Social media it is.

I got through in 10 minutes this morning - but not happy with the answer I got.

We are booked on the Solstice Sydney - Honolulu - Ensenada - Seattle.

The first 2 sections i booked on board, transferred to my US agent, getting a good deal and substantial OBC.

The third leg Ensenada - Seattle later became open for booking and comparing the US and AU prices I booked through Celebrity Australia.

Now other passenges on this the cruise are able to get the free alcohol deal, even though it is for new bookings, as they are not yet at their final payment date.

I was told very firmly it is not available for Australian bookings.

Goodbye Celebrity Australia, I will continue to book through the US !

The first 2 sections i booked on board, transferred to my US agent, getting a good deal and substantial OBC.

The third leg Ensenada - Seattle later became open for booking and comparing the US and AU prices I booked through Celebrity Australia.

Now other passenges on this the cruise are able to get the free alcohol deal, even though it is for new bookings, as they are not yet at their final payment date.

I was on hold for 30mins this morning before getting through - i'm still waiting for an swer to see whether I'll be happy with their response. There are a few aussies on the 123 promotion thread on the X board waiting to see back after complaining about discrimination. Will be interesting to follow.

Lucky you getting through so quickly. My TA had to try three time before she managed to get hold on some, waiting up to 30 mins!!!

Celebrity Aust have said a flat No to the Go123 deal, but they are offering upgrades inside to balcony on our NZ Aust cruise 3/2/2014. So we have saved a decent amount. But still not happy.

TA said Celebrity are starting to clamp down on NZers and Aussies booking through USA, so we may see the Princess policy copied but Celebrity. Unless you have a history with a US TA before a certain date you cannot book via a US TA if you live down-under!

As a side issue NZ'ers do not get invites or permitted to do ship inspections like the Aussies - we just never get a break!

BUT these things won't stop me cruising.

As a side issue NZ'ers do not get invites or permitted to do ship inspections like the Aussies - we just never get a break!

I don't know if your talking about just Celebrity here (been able to do ship inspections on Celebrity ships) or if your talking about doing ship inspections on the likes of P&O Aust, Princess, Royal Caribbean and Holland America.

If you’re talking about for all the cruises lines that are visiting NZ, then for us kiwis, I think it very much depends on luck and your travel agent (As some of them can invite new cruises to check out the ship) if you can do a ship inspection here in Auckland.

I have done two ship inspections so far, one with of P&O Aust (When the Pacific Pearl came here at first) and then a friend of ours got us on the Volendam (And we tried to get on the Oosterdam, with the same friends who got us on the Volendam, but the ship would not let any visitors on).

Also I think a lot of the reason why kiwis cant do ship inspections, is I think to do with the port security, as I have head that might be one reason.

I had a small win with Celebrity Australia yesterday, its only fair to report the good news as I have not been happy with them re the new promotion.

They honoured the price drop on our May 6 Solstice cruise - $340 refund as we have already paid off the cruise.

We were not yet at final payment date, but past the cancel and lose your deposit date, so thought they would not give us the refund, but it was offered straight away.

Just a 40 min wait to get through, I have learnt to put the phone on loudspeaker, so I can get on with life while I wait for them to answer.

Hilary :)

Archived