Will it be rough?

I see this question every now and then and know there really is no way to answer it except: you'll find out when you get there.

I don't get seasick easily but my wife does. I was trying to find out what sea conditions to expect in the eastern caribbean in Feb. for our upcoming Oasis of the Seas cruise and found this website. It won't tell you what the sea state will be on your cruise but it can tell you what the current sea state is for much of the world. Anyway, I thought I would share:

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/

I see this question every now and then and know there really is no way to answer it except: you'll find out when you get there.

I don't get seasick easily but my wife does. I was trying to find out what sea conditions to expect in the eastern caribbean in Feb. for our upcoming Oasis of the Seas cruise and found this website. It won't tell you what the sea state will be on your cruise but it can tell you what the current sea state is for much of the world. Anyway, I thought I would share:

On Oasis you will not feel very much.

I noticed it one time on the Liberty back in 2011 it was really rough, I or the DW did not get sick though. I know on the Oasis you couldnt reallt tell too much, but if the seas are rough enough you will feel it that is for sure ;)

I get sea sick. When the ship is in rough waters you will feel it. Especially as you move further forward or aft. I've also felt side to side movement as I move up. That being said, I haven't been sick on the ship. I wear my patch, take some ginger, and relax, If I see them tying down deck chairs, or putting bags in the stairwells, I drink extra water. My guess is your wife will be fine if she comes prepared, perhaps even if she doesn't, but, why chance it?

Anyway, enjoy your cruise.

I had an usually rough cruise on the Allure last March. Even the crew was saying it was really bad. They provide motion sickness meds (several options). I get really bad motion sickness, but it didn't ruin our cruise in the least.

I have tried both Bonine and Dramamine. Both of which have too many sleepy or dazed side affects for me. But one tried and true method for me is to just get up and walk around a lot and try to entertain your mind on other things than getting sick. Next cruise I think I'll try ginger root and green apples for the natural alternative.

Good luck, I hope your cruise is great with little sickness!:)

I think the cabin location and type are as important as knowing if the seas are rough.

Archived