Short Cruises - Monarch, Majesty or Sensation

Hello Everyone! I was considering doing the 2 night cruise to nowhere around NY, but my bf suggested we go somewhere warmer as it is cold in NY in the beginning of February. My options for a short cruise for the weekend are the Monarch of the Seas, Majesty of the Seas and the Carnival Sensation (3 nights each). I was wondering which one is better. What is important to my bf and I are food options/quality (my bf loooovvveeeess to eat), entertainment and cleanliness. Anyone been on any of the ships have any feedback??

Thank you all!

One difference between the Monarch and the Sensation is balconies. The Monarch only has balconies available in suites where the Sensation has regular balcony rooms. Port Canaveral is a great departure point. Very easy to get to from Orlando International Airport.

I loved my 4-night Majesty cruise. I had never been to key west and it was great. Small ship-not much onboard to do if you need someone to entertain you constantly--but the crew is just super.

I was going to say the same thing, I assume there are some good air deals from NYC to Miami? I have done both the 3 and 4 day on Majesty and loved the extra day in Key West.

If you want to cruise soon, I suggest sailing out of South Florida. There can be a big temperature difference in the winter months between South Florida and Canaveral.

The Monarch is leaving the fleet March 29th, so her prices seem to be high in March, as many folks are sailing her to say their goodbyes (us included).

We were on the Monarch in October for a 4 day Bahama cruise. We loved the cruise but would not sail on Monarch again. She is being sold in April and we could tell that RCCL is doing onlly the bare bones regarding maintenance. There were numerouse plumbing issues with us and other passengers. And for our at sea days only one pool was open - they said they were having "pumping" problems and could not open both pools.

Thank you all for your feedback. I guess Carnival Sensation is out and it is between the Monarch and the Majesty. I heard the Majesty was recently refurbished, does it look much better than the Monarch? This is my bf's first cruise so I want him to be impressed and also have a good time. Both ships are going to Nassau and Cococay. The one difference is its about $100 more (total) for the Majesty which leaves from Miami. I figure the transport to Canaveral might make up for that price difference because MCO is much farther.

So all in all I just want to get on the better of the two ships. Is the food all the same quality? I know the specialty restaurants differ a bit. How are the pools on both? I know I'm asking a lot of questions, I just want to be sure that I make the right decision. Thanks a lot!

Thank you all for your feedback. I guess Carnival Sensation is out and it is between the Monarch and the Majesty. I heard the Majesty was recently refurbished, does it look much better than the Monarch? This is my bf's first cruise so I want him to be impressed and also have a good time. Both ships are going to Nassau and Cococay. The one difference is its about $100 more (total) for the Majesty which leaves from Miami. I figure the transport to Canaveral for the Monarch might make up for that price difference because MCO is much farther.

So all in all I just want to get on the better of the two ships. Is the food all the same quality? I know the specialty restaurants differ a bit. How are the pools on both? I know I'm asking a lot of questions, I just want to be sure that I make the right decision. Thanks a lot!

Thank you all for your feedback. I guess Carnival Sensation is out and it is between the Monarch and the Majesty. I heard the Majesty was recently refurbished, does it look much better than the Monarch? This is my bf's first cruise so I want him to be impressed and also have a good time. Both ships are going to Nassau and Cococay. The one difference is its about $100 more (total) for the Majesty which leaves from Miami. I figure the transport to Canaveral for the Monarch might make up for that price difference because MCO is much farther.

I'd go Majesty, beautiful ship!! The pools on both are the same...there are two outdoor ones. I've been on her a ton if you have more questions.

Monarch or Majesty. Whichever you can get the best flight. Majesty would be a bit better as others have noted having some of the more recent updates.

Monarch and Sensation are great ships too. But if I had to choice my last cruise and it were on either the Monarch or Sensation, it'd be on the Monarch. I've recently sailed the two of them this past year. (Monarch- July 2012)(Sensation- November 2012).

My first cruises were on all of the bigger ships (Oasis, Freedom, Liberty and Disney, so I was concerned when I booked a quick getaway on the Majesty. Plus it was a B2B ( 1 4 day cruise followed by a 3 day cruise). I went by myself and left my husband and kids at home.:eek: Great time and no problems.

The cabins are the smallest I've been in.

I could not believe how well maintained this ship was, but this ship had also just had been refurbished months before. However, besides Disney, the crew was the best I have ever had so far on any Royal ship. Truly a nice group of people.

Activities, of course, are not in par with the larger ships, but they certainly did try to entertain you. Your hubby wouldn't have anything to compare to, so no biggie. The ship has nice pools.

Although, if you can swing it, I would do the cruise that includes Key West. It was just better than the 3 day which flys by even faster.

If you are only doing the 3 night, I would definitely do the Monarch. If you are able, fly into Orlando at least a day ahead and go to Disney or Universal. If you are able to do a 4 day, then it would be Majesty out of Miami. We love going to Key West. Both ships are small and not a lot to do onboard, but the destinations are great !

Archived