Free Unlimited Internet Offer - Honored

SMerritt

I know there are a few threads way back on this topic, but can not seem to find.

Passing on some good news

If you booked your cruise during the time that Princess was offering Free Unlimited Internet service...... Just remind the internet manager when you board and the offer will be honored, no hassles or questions asked.

On the ship now, surfing heavy seas into Curacao ;)

I know there are a few threads way back on this topic, but can not seem to find.

Passing on some good news

If you booked your cruise during the time that Princess was offering Free Unlimited Internet service...... Just remind the internet manager when you board and the offer will be honored, no hassles or questions asked.

On the ship now, surfing heavy seas into Curacao ;)

You really should have clarified this statement, because unlimited internet was for full suite passengers only.

Glad it worked out easily for you as has been a hassle for some (including us) in the past. Lack of consistency from ship-to-ship and cruise-to-cruise in a number of areas is one of our biggest complaints of Princess lately.

Enjoy your cruise!

Good to know! We booked a Vista Suite for March 2013 early last year and I sent Princess an e-mail just to confirm that we'd receive it. I was told that we definitely would but will print out the correspondence just in case. ;)

Enjoy your trip!

Oh - not sure if you can help me or not but I've been meaning to ask this... Can the free internet be accessed by more than one device in the cabin at a time? If I'm checking e-mails on my ipad, can one of my kids (we're all in the suite together) be on theirs as well?

Good to know! We booked a Vista Suite for March 2013 early last year and I sent Princess an e-mail just to confirm that we'd receive it. I was told that we definitely would but will print out the correspondence just in case. ;)

Enjoy your trip!

Oh - not sure if you can help me or not but I've been meaning to ask this... Can the free internet be accessed by more than one device in the cabin at a time? If I'm checking e-mails on my ipad, can one of my kids (we're all in the suite together) be on theirs as well?

Unless it has changed recently you can only access one device at a time with each sign in/password. But you can each get you own sign in/password. This worked for my DW and I so we could both be using the internet at the same time with different sign ins. I am not sure if you can do this with more than two people in the same cabin, but I would guess that you can. You can check when you get on board. I do know that you can have at least two.

Unless it has changed recently you can only access one device at a time with each sign in/password. But you can each get you own sign in/password. This worked for my DW and I so we could both be using the internet at the same time with different sign ins. I am not sure if you can do this with more than two people in the same cabin, but I would guess that you can. You can check when you get on board. I do know that you can have at least two.

Very helpful - thanks! And I imagine we get individual sign-in/passwords from someone in the Internet Cafe?

Very helpful - thanks! And I imagine we get individual sign-in/passwords from someone in the Internet Cafe?

Although it was less than a year ago you are testing my memory. You may have been able to do it without going to the Internet Cafe, but we just went down to the cafe and did it. As I recall you selected a package and they just gave you credit. The instructions are posted everywhere in the Cafe for the general sign in.

If you check with me next month at this time I can tell you for sure.

When you first go to the Internet, either on your own device or at the Internet Cafe, it will ask for your name and cabin number, and date of birth. Once you give that, it will ask you to make up your own password.

Sample screen below, but it may have changed by now. The prices have definitely changed.

100_0159050311Internetsignupscreen2_zps758df926.jpg

Enjoy your trip!

We just to log on with two devices - does not work, one at a time, but good speed.

When you first go to the Internet, either on your own device or at the Internet Cafe, it will ask for your name and cabin number, and date of birth. Once you give that, it will ask you to make up your own password.

Sample screen below, but it may have changed by now. The prices have definitely changed.

100_0159050311Internetsignupscreen2_zps758df926.jpg

VERY helpful! Thanks so much!

This why it is hard to believe when people say the unlimited internet was taken away because suite people gave their log in code to others. Why would they give it to someone and then not be able to go online themselves?

a) They could sign on with the other suite person's sign on code

b) They could get on again as soon as the person using their code signed off

c) They may not have given the code to others, but are letting friends or relatives use the internet in their suite

• 4 months later...
Glad it worked out easily for you as has been a hassle for some (including us) in the past. Lack of consistency from ship-to-ship and cruise-to-cruise in a number of areas is one of our biggest complaints of Princess lately.

Enjoy your cruise!

We just returned from the Grand. They eventually honored unlimited internet, but asked for "proof" of our booking date. Luckily, I brought the invoice from our TA that showed the deposit date.

Word to the wise... if you booked prior to the suite perk change, bring proof of your deposit date.

B

We just returned from the Grand. They eventually honored unlimited internet, but asked for "proof" of our booking date. Luckily, I brought the invoice from our TA that showed the deposit date.

Word to the wise... if you booked prior to the suite perk change, bring proof of your deposit date.

B

Or write to customer service. I got a response in an hour confirming that we were entitled to free internet on our August cruise:

RE: reservation number

Dear XXX,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Because the above referenced Suite booking was made prior to July of 2012, you will be able to enjoy free internet for this Aug 16, 2013 sailing of Caribbean Princess.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

That email is traveling with us - a hard copy is already in my cruise folder.

Or write to customer service. I got a response in an hour confirming that we were entitled to free internet on our August cruise:

RE: reservation number

Dear XXX,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Because the above referenced Suite booking was made prior to July of 2012, you will be able to enjoy free internet for this Aug 16, 2013 sailing of Caribbean Princess.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

That email is traveling with us - a hard copy is already in my cruise folder.

I had a similar email, but the front desk wanted proof of the acutal date of our booking. Unreasonable? Yes, but the mood changed when I produced the actual invoice showing the booking date.

B

I had a similar email, but the front desk wanted proof of the acutal date of our booking. Unreasonable? Yes, but the mood changed when I produced the actual invoice showing the booking date.

B

B- absurd but good to know. I'll bring that too!

We didn't have any problem on our recent Sapphire cruise. I just brought an email from my travel agent stating that Princess had verified we would get unlimited internet. I took it to Passenger Services after boarding and they just told us to purchase any package after we used up our Platinum minutes and they would reverse the charges. Both of us did that and they reversed both of our charges. I figured I would have to go down there at least twice to get them to reverse it, but they were right on top of things.

We didn't have any problem on our recent Sapphire cruise. I just brought an email from my travel agent stating that Princess had verified we would get unlimited internet. I took it to Passenger Services after boarding and they just told us to purchase any package after we used up our Platinum minutes and they would reverse the charges. Both of us did that and they reversed both of our charges. I figured I would have to go down there at least twice to get them to reverse it, but they were right on top of things.

Sounds like the front desk staff was used to the procedure on the Sapphire. We have one more cruise on the Caribbean Princess booked pre-change. I hope it is easier to deal with.

B

Archived