Checking in, Live, from the Mariner (Miami-Lima)

Mr Rumor

That's my bag the dog is sniffing - trust me there was nothing of interest in it, though it doesn't look that way :o. Thanks for the photos! They are different to my own - that could be harder to post given we're still on board.

Thank you Mr Rumor for such an interesting review and great pix. I esp. enjoyed the one of the Gatun lock...the different water levels really intrigue me since the only locks I've been thru are in Seattle and quite small. I appreciate the time and effort put forth!

My only-ever time through Heathrow (rather than Gatwick), a searcher-dog went wild over my knapsack. I told the trainer that it was probably the cheese (mature English cheddar and cheshire, hard to get in the colonies!) ... of course he had to inspect my bag by hand anyway. I offered to give some cheese to the dog, but his handler said "not while he's working!"...

We were on the Island Princess,

in the canal with you on 01/14, so have some pretty good photos of the Mariner. Does anyone have some good ones of the Island Princess? I'm guessing that flickr or another similar site would be best to trade photos?

Archived