Help me decide

sandyruns

Trying to pick a cruise for a milestone birthday this summer. Narrowed it down to the Black sea cruise (round trip Istanbul, with stops in Ukraine and Romania, etc.) or the Riviera and Spanish Splendors (Monaco to Barcelona). Has anyone done either of these, or both?

Both are on the bigger ships. I've done 2 cruises before on Seabourn: a Mediterranean (Venice, Croatia, etc.) and a northern Europe one that stopped in St. Petersburg. Definitely have caught the bug!

Thanks in advance.

I have done the Black sea on both sizes of Seabourn ship and many times the other trip.

I prefer the Riviera and Spanish Splendours but on the smaller ship.

The larger ship is fine so just pick which you think to be the most interesting itineray for you.

Lots of factors to consider, but they will all be personal to you.

For example, I'm not sure where you live, but for us in the gloomy north of England it may be that we pick a particular cruise (eg the Med) when we need a boost in sunlight levels, but at another time we might want to see the ports on the Black Sea cruise.

Whichever you choose on Seabourn will have the standard of service etc of a Seabourn cruise!

The Black Sea cruise gets my vote. It's an unusual route for cruisers- who hasn't been to Spain a dozen times?- and it's a journey through 19th and 20th century history and politics. Just look at that itinerary and its tours again and you will be sold!

Happy cruising!

The Black Sea cruise gets my vote. It's an unusual route for cruisers- who hasn't been to Spain a dozen times?- and it's a journey through 19th and 20th century history and politics. Just look at that itinerary and its tours again and you will be sold!

Happy cruising!

Hear hear. There are plenty of cruises to Spain etc., but not many to the Black Sea, which is fascinating, and best done from a ship. It is important to do excursions, though, which gives much more insight, whether these are ship excursions or you are able to arrange private ones. (Which could be difficult).:)

Archived