Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?

dmwnc1959

We also booked an aft and I was so busy looking at our balcony the first time I saw this picture that I didn't notice what I think may be the best place to hang out on the ship.

Look at those 5 loungers on the aft corner of the promenade deck!!!!! :D :D :D

Those loungers on the promenade deck were a sight that gladdened my heart!

I have to say that after poring over exterior photos (although just skimming interior ones: I, too, want a wow-element of surprise!), she is a lovelier ship than I expected. Despite everything they can do with computer animation, her real-life self just blows away the prototype videos we've been seeing for the past year. I don't think she's perfect (no worries: I know those negative musings don't belong on this thread!), but I'm more favorably impressed than I was at first.

I'd happily take a balcony below the skywalk, er, Seawalk (I foresee years of Seawalker's/Skywalker's confusion on these boards!). Doesn't look like you can see more than a few feet into the cabin on Marina deck, and less on lower decks. Don't get dressed in front of the sliding glass door; problem solved.

Those loungers on the promenade deck were a sight that gladdened my heart!

I have to say that after poring over exterior photos (although just skimming interior ones: I, too, want a wow-element of surprise!), she is a lovelier ship than I expected. Despite everything they can do with computer animation, her real-life self just blows away the prototype videos we've been seeing for the past year. I don't think she's perfect (no worries: I know those negative musings don't belong on this thread!), but I'm more favorably impressed than I was at first.

I'd happily take a balcony below the skywalk, er, Seawalk (I foresee years of Seawalker's/Skywalker's confusion on these boards!). Doesn't look like you can see more than a few feet into the cabin on Marina deck, and less on lower decks. Don't get dressed in front of the sliding glass door; problem solved.

I'm in total agreement. Very well stated.....:):):)

Bob

Don't worry. I am sure the Outdoor Play Area will be in place by the time of your cruise.

Haha. I know you're just kidding. ;) As a side note I'm sure that if was going to be there it would have been already since it will now take away from so much of the aft Sun Deck. And the Shockwaves kids still have a pretty cool center of their own with video games etc to keep them occupied.

Thank you, Dave, for this wonderful thread. I just discovered it today and have spent the last two hours scanning the photos and comments and plan to continue checking out the ones I missed. I do not know how you have amassed the photos/info that appear here. It is a labor, I assume, but presumably a labor of love. I do hope that Princess will do something very special for you. I plan to copy the URL to our Princess Roll Call and to others we know who are cruisers. My husband and I are sailing on Dec 8 and have Mini-Suite M211. Do you know where that is? When are you sailing?

Hi Jangor!

Welcome to the thread! THANKS for the kind words. :o I'll be on the Dec. 1st & 8th sailings. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the M&G. :D

I used one of the brand new pictures released today...

9013357454_84be6cea78_b.jpg

(Princess Cruises)

On previous cruises, because using lifts in various parts of the ship can be disorienting, I have always looked for the tell-tale stripe on the carpet that identifies the port or star-board side of the ship. I have only seen one photo of a cabin hall and it appears as though that stripe is missing. Am I correct?

I still think we're waiting to see on this one.

Jangor, your one if the lucky ones who will be cruising with Dave....

Now I don't know about all that now... ;) Remember, I'm old....and boring. Old and boring. Boring. lol :D

I hope you noticed I wrote, ...it is ALMOST time to go.....;)

This is still the best thread going. :)

THANK YOU again for the wonderful poem, and it's still an amazing team effort with so many wonderful contributions again yesterday from so many amazing people. Hard to believe that we now have surpassed the 300,000 views mark. But as the old saying goes, all good things must come to an end. Our Cruise Critic friends on the inaugural season cruises still have some work cut out for them. Looking forward to their balanced insight and informative reviews.

Hi Dave, Thank you so much for ALL you have done with this thread. We are booked on the October 25th caribbean cruise with 4 other cruise buddies. Could/would you send me an exterior (obviously!) ship photo of Dolphin 428, 424, 420, 416. It would be greatly appreciated! ;)

Hi Iluvkds!

Have a GREAT cruise with all your buddies! It sounds like an amazing time! :D

9012299699_c1464f39b4_c.jpg

Sorry the pic is a bit fuzzy as I've zoomed in.. Think these look like tea and coffee facilities too, this is in The Pastry Shop!!

Those pictures have made a LOT of people very happy indeed!!! :D

This is where I will hang out! I am always looking for cozy seating in the shade if possible.

Sorry, but that area was supposed to be for young teens but appears to have been completely eliminated in favor of adding a huge number of sun loungers. It sounds like a better use of the space.

Hey Dave,

After all the arrows you have provided do you have pictures of each side and stern with all your arrows posted..would be a fun picture with the ship hidden by your work ( arrows)....also show everyone how accommodating you have been to the people on this thread, including me and my travelling companions.

Please don't disappear from this thread, it is a work of art.

Katherine

Now that would be an interesting picture!!! For a lot of the requests I've tried to use zoomed in images of the area where there balconies area, and there are a LOT of 'arrow' pictures posted since January.

Do we know whether the children's play area has been scrapped or if the items/furnishings haven't arrived yet? We will be traveling with children on this Royal Princess trip, so just wondering. I'm sure they will have plenty of other things and activities to keep them busy, if plans have changed.

I can't imagine that they would have not finished the ship prior to it's arrival in Southampton, especially with all of the aerial photo ops. All of the ships furnishings would have been installed in Monfalcone. There is still a very nice center for the middle age group kids 8-12 year olds called Shockwaves...

Shockwaves (ages 8-12)

Older kids will enjoy a boatload of exciting activities including:

- Kids-only dinners

- Dance parties

- Movies

- PS2/PS3, Wii and the latest games

- Video Games

- Scavenger hunts

- Karaoke and talent shows

- Sports tournaments

- California Science Center workshops

- Jr.CHEF@Sea

- Klutz® projects

- Theme nights

These are still from the Preview Video:

Entrance to Shockwaves and the air hockey table

8438916601_ca2cc21340_z.jpg

Skeeball and video games

8440004330_9905a40de8_z.jpg

Shockwaves indoor lounge and TV area

8438916823_90004ed8ba_z.jpg

More lounge area and tables for arts and crafts, Kids-Only dinners

8438916885_5c86eb40be_z.jpg

And for the older teens there is Remix (ages 13-17):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36955132&postcount=417

Younger kids (3-7 year olds) there is Princess Pelicans:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36943344

It appears the small child's play area still exists on the left (hard to see). Hopefully, there will be a slide and some tricycles, etc.

That it does...

9012548765_d26a35f76d_b.jpg

Found this pic on another forum from an obstructed balcony on Emerald deck

http://www.cruises.co.uk/attachments/1018-princess_cruises/7367d1370795929-royal_visit_wilba-p1010368_1024x768_.jpg

http://www.cruises.co.uk/attachments/1018-princess_cruises/7369d1370796200-royal_visit_wilba-p1010367_1024x768_.jpg

I had to register to see the photos but the cabin number was E512.

Not the best review but glad to see some pictures!!

Hi Dave,

Big gala event onboard tomorrow for the great and the good,

assume may be to raise funds for charity.

yours Shogun

Ah, tuxedos and sparkly evening gowns will no doubt be in order. I'll be working so I can't make it. Sorry... ;)

Royal Princess Christening Ceremony Will Stream Live Online

When Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge christens Royal Princess on June 13, the nearly 2,000 invited guests in Southampton will not be the only ones to enjoy the festivities. Viewers around the world can also watch the celebrations as Princess Cruises will be streaming the ceremony live online at http://www.princess.com, so everyone can share in the spectacular event, which will formally welcome the new ship into the company’s fleet.

The live streaming will begin at 11:15 am local time in Southampton, which will be 6:15 am EDT in the U.S. and 3:15 am PDT. Viewers can also choose to play back a recording of the ceremony soon after the event for viewing at their leisure. Social conversation on Twitter will also be featured with a direct feed on the naming page, and viewers can join in as they watch by using the #RoyalPrincess hashtag.

In addition to the official breaking of the bottle of champagne against the ship by The Duchess, viewers will also be able to follow all the quay-side festivities – including performances by British pop singer and songwriter Natasha Bedingfield singing her hit, “Unwritten,” British actress and “the first lady of London’s West End” Kerry Ellis, and internationally renowned percussive orchestra Mass Ensemble. The Band of Her Majesty’s Royal Marines Portsmouth and The Pipe Band of 1st Battalion Irish Guards will open the event with the pomp and ceremony of British ship-naming traditions.

“We know this ship has generated a great deal of interest around the world, and that many people are interested in seeing the amazing ceremony and the christening by The Duchess,” said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises executive vice president. “So, no matter where you are, you can watch the festivities live online – or can choose to play it back later.”

Source - Cruise Industry News

ASSOCIATED BRITISH PORTS SOUTHAMPTON

NOTICE TO MARINERS

Port of Southampton

Firework Display River Test, Southampton

12th June 2013

Notice is hereby given that on Wednesday 12th June 2013, a firework display will take place in the vicinity of The Lower Swinging Ground, River Test, Southampton, to mark the naming of the cruise ship ‘Royal Princess’.

The firework display will take place between 2215 and 2300 BST from the barges ‘Wilcarry 350’ and Wilcarry 600’, positioned either on the margin of the main navigational channel in the vicinity of Gymp Elbow Buoy or just to the north north west of Gymp Buoy, dependent on the wind direction at the time of the display.

The exact start time of the display will be confirmed by Southampton VTS on VHF Ch 12 on the day and the display will last for approximately eight minutes. Owners of small craft who intend to view the display are advised that they should remain at least 200 metres clear of the barges at all times, particularly on their downwind side. All mariners are advised that navigation in the main channel, River Test will be subject to restriction from 15 minutes before until 15 minutes after the actual display times, to facilitate

the display.

Hi Dave, Thank you so much for ALL you have done with this thread. We are booked on the October 25th caribbean cruise with 4 other cruise buddies. Could/would you send me an exterior (obviously!) ship photo of Dolphin 428, 424, 420, 416. It would be greatly appreciated! ;)

Exact cabins our group have March 2014. Hope you can post your opinion! Many are concerned about being "looked at" from sea view bar. I say keep your clothes on, should be no different than having a Caribe balcony on another ship.

Archived