Drury Inn Free Cruise w/points

shelly11

My husband travels a lot for business and he has enough points for the "free" Royal Caribbean cruise. Has anyone used this? How much of your cruise is actually paid for? I'm sure there is a limit to what you actually get but can't find the information on the Drury website. I have called but since it is the weekend the person handling cruises has to get back to me.

Thanks!

Edited by shelly11

I am sure whatever room you get will be fine. We stayed on Nov 30th (2012) there prior to our B2B on The Navigator. While it was under construction you never heard anything at night that would disturb you. It is within walking distance of the Quarter (French Quarter) and a straight 10 minute or less drive to the Port of New Orleans.

Would I stay there again, yes.

Edited by lady_cruiser

I looked at the web site after reading your post and was disappointed about the lack of details, too. I guess you'll have to wait to hear back from their representative. I hope it's something good!

Please share with us what you find out. You've piqued my curiosity! :)

I looked at the web site after reading your post and was disappointed about the lack of details, too. I guess you'll have to wait to hear back from their representative. I hope it's something good!

Please share with us what you find out. You've piqued my curiosity! :)

Will do, thanks!

Here's the deal.....125,000 Drury Inn points equals one Royal Caribbean 3-day cruise for 2 in an inside cabin. (Miami to Nassau route) Any upgrades in room or adding people has to be done with points not money.

Sounds pretty good I just have to decide if it's worth it to cash it in or spend it on other perks they offer.

If anyone sees this who has done it let me know how it went for you please.

It's not a free stay at the hotel. He has stayed at the Drury enough to have points for a free cruise. Just checking to see if anyone has done this. Is it worth it or should I cash the points in on something else?

I am so sorry. I misread your first post.

Here's the deal.....125,000 Drury Inn points equals one Royal Caribbean 3-day cruise for 2 in an inside cabin. (Miami to Nassau route) Any upgrades in room or adding people has to be done with points not money.

Sounds pretty good I just have to decide if it's worth it to cash it in or spend it on other perks they offer.

If anyone sees this who has done it let me know how it went for you please.

I have not used points from Drury Inn, actually had never heard of that chain until your post, but have used points from other hotel and airline programs. We try to use our points in the a way to get the best dollar value for them. Price out the cruise and see how much it would actually cost you and then price out using the points for free hotel stays instead or how ever else you can use your points. The cruise might not be the best value but if you aren't going to be traveling enough to use the free hotel nights, then the cruise might be the best value for you.:)

You are welcome everyone! The cruise is worth more than the gift card they offer. (total value)

I do have a trip that I need to take later in the year. If the hotel value is more I'll take it, if not we will be taking the cruise!

• 3 years later...

Has anyone looked any further into the cruise? My wife and I took one using our Drury points last November. We are very close to being able to book our second cruise using the points, but I had a question or two for anyone else who has either taken a cruise with their points, or are looking now, or have searched for cruises in the past....anyone?