Soda & more card

AKtoFL

Interested in this soda & more card. Does mock tails mean virgin drinks like daiquiris & coladas? Also do you have to tip with every drink you get ? Where do you buy it? Before cruise or on board & where? Seems like a good deal if they are virgin cocktails?? Help please

Interested in this soda & more card. Does mock tails mean virgin drinks like daiquiris & coladas? yes

Also do you have to tip with every drink you get ? A 15% tip is built into the price you pay for the card (which is really a sticker)

Where do you buy it? Before cruise or on board & where? Can buy it on board at any place that sells soda. Also on embarkation day there will be tables set up in obvious places to sell it. If you eat lunch on embarkation day in the buffet, chances are someone will come by trying to sell it. You can buy it before the cruise, but there is no price advantage.

Seems like a good deal if they are virgin cocktails?? Help please

see red above

i had the ultimate soda card when i was on the ruby nov 2012- bought it specifically to enjoy the banana daquiris- they were soooo good!! it was a great deal for me as i enjoyed being able to drink the sodas and daquiris and not having to worry about it adding up on my ship account.

From my FAQ:

The Soda /Soda and More (also known as UKP) Packages

There are two ‘unlimited’ soft drink packages available on Princess. Both can be either pre-purchased or purchased on board during the first day or so of a voyage. There is generally no difference in pricing.

The soda package includes unlimited soda served in a glass (no cans) from any bar or restaurant on ship.

The Soda and More package includes the soda package, plus unlimited juices (normally free only at breakfast in dining venues), shakes (where available), mocktails, hot chocolate and floats.

Both packages come with a refillable mug. You do not need to use the mug to use the package. If you pre-order the package, your cruise card will be pre-printed with the appropriate logo and you will receive a card in your room to request the mug from Room Service. If you purchase on board, they will place a sticker on your card and give you the mug then.

Each package is priced on a per day basis and much be purchased for the entire voyage. Current pricing can be found near the bottom of the page here.

The purchase price includes the standard 15 percent and covers drinks on the plan as far as tipping. Additional tipping is at your discretion, the number of drinks per day ordered should be considered.

• 11 months later...

I always buy the "Unlimited Soda & More Package". I think that this is the best deal onboard any line that I have sailed. I really like the Mocktails and I also drink a few sodas each day.

Thank you Princess for making this package available.

Unlimited Soda Package - Receive a souvenir tumbler and select from a variety of unlimited soft drinks served by the glass at all bars and restaurant locations throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge.

Item #0523$5.18 per person/per day*

Unlimited Soda & More Package - Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & more Package,† entitling you to the above Unlimited Soda Package plus any mocktails, juices, shakes, floats and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge. Item #2312 $8.05 per person/per day*

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

We purchased two unlimited and more packages for our PC cruise last October. Everything except canned soda was available. Milkshakes (with a burger from the Grill for lunch were great), the mock cocktails, and fruit juices make it worth the extra cost; however, we're only going to purchase one package on our Alaskan cruise this summer. It seemed when I wanted soda - wife want cocktail or wine and vise-versa, so we found two to be a little overkill. The packages can be purchased before your cruise through "Gifts and Services".

While I prefer "leaded" drinks DW normally goes "unleaded" so I buy her the package/sticker. She loves the Nojitos. Mocktails on Princess are $4 each plus the 15% gratuity for a total of $4.60. The card is $8.05/day gratuity included. You need only consume two mocktails a day to break even and no sticker shock at the end of the cruise. Add a soft drink or two with a meal and at least for my wife we come out well in the plus column.

I LOVED the choco banana and the chocolate malted shake! I usually buy the the soda card BUT this is so worth the extra cost that I will never buy the other soda card again! I used it every day multiple times a day. I got my $$ worth! :p:p

From my FAQ:

The Soda /Soda and More (also known as UKP) Packages

There are two ‘unlimited’ soft drink packages available on Princess. Both can be either pre-purchased or purchased on board during the first day or so of a voyage. There is generally no difference in pricing.

The soda package includes unlimited soda served in a glass (no cans) from any bar or restaurant on ship.

The Soda and More package includes the soda package, plus unlimited juices (normally free only at breakfast in dining venues), shakes (where available), mocktails, hot chocolate and floats.

Both packages come with a refillable mug. You do not need to use the mug to use the package. If you pre-order the package, your cruise card will be pre-printed with the appropriate logo and you will receive a card in your room to request the mug from Room Service. If you purchase on board, they will place a sticker on your card and give you the mug then.

Each package is priced on a per day basis and much be purchased for the entire voyage. Current pricing can be found near the bottom of the page here.

The purchase price includes the standard 15 percent and covers drinks on the plan as far as tipping. Additional tipping is at your discretion, the number of drinks per day ordered should be considered.

I was charged for hot chocolate even though I had the UKP sticker. :confused: Perhaps my server was wrong or perhaps this information is inaccurate (it's hard to tell with Princess). One server had previously told me that hot chocolate was included but when another server charged me I assumed that the first server was mistaken.

My favorite UKP drink was the Key West Cooler -- very refreshing! It was hard to get any of the bartenders to explain which alcoholic drinks they could make as a mocktail. I'm sure I missed out on trying some additional drinks that were not listed in the back under the non-alcoholic drinks.

Tim

Sailing on the Caribbean Princess in March. I keep reading about milkshakes, where do you get them?

We got ours at the ice cream bar on the Lido Deck right next to the pizza place. They were so... good and awesome on a nice hot day!

We purchased two unlimited and more packages for our PC cruise last October. Everything except canned soda was available. Milkshakes (with a burger from the Grill for lunch were great), the mock cocktails, and fruit juices make it worth the extra cost; however, we're only going to purchase one package on our Alaskan cruise this summer. It seemed when I wanted soda - wife want cocktail or wine and vise-versa, so we found two to be a little overkill. The packages can be purchased before your cruise through "Gifts and Services".

I did not know you were allowed to share the drink package.