Ultimate Cruise Snob Stories

nhcruiser

I think that this thread is just to encourage everyone to be considerate of your fellow passengers ( and others in general), if it be at dinner and dressing accordingly, attending a scheduled event (theatre, trip, embarkation, etc.) punctually and basically treating others as you would wish to be treated.

If someone talks down to you then I feel one has the right of redress and the offender should be told quietly, in no uncertain terms why they should 'go forth and multiply', it is your duty so they will learn the ways of the civilised world.

Snobbery is a form of bullying, easily rectified, one just has to stand up for oneself and the bully/ snob will quickly get the picture and bugger off!

Good manners and etiquette are things that are becoming short in supply. Unfortunately 'Common courtesy' not as common as one might think.

YES!! Thank you for putting it so well. Not all bullies are in the schoolyard. :rolleyes:

It was a young lady, good looking, good shape, good dressing. So I watched her for awhile :)

You're definitely not a snob, a lecher possibly.....

Wearing tee-shirts bought from places you've visited wouldn't be classed as snobbery, that you've been lucky to be well travelled is not something to be ashamed of if presented in a relatively un-assuming way. Wearing the tee- shirt AND telling everyone where you've bought it, when and why, how much etc., is the way to be, not snobby per se, but more of a bore!

I did post # 575...but no comments or replies...Am I a victim of snobbery? LOL

Haha! I've seen some pretty bad comments about MUTS on Princess threads too. I think it's more personal preference more than snobbery. I love the movies on MUTS, but could gladly do without seeing Tina Turner concerts ever again!:rolleyes:;):)

I wonder if I'm a "snob", I love all the t-shirts that I've bought on various cruises--Baltic, So. Am etc--and wear them on cruises--try to only wear Princess ones on Princess etc.

We were playing Princess cards (got them when they were free) on Carnival ships. Did not realize we were snobs too.:eek:

The snobbish moment I have encountered didn't happen on a ship...but rather her on CC.

We enjoy the MUTS more than just about any other entertainment option. The ability to snuggle up under a warm blanket and enjoy a movie with my wife under the stars after a day of whatever we decided to do that day is our definition of vacation.

We had recently been exploring a Med cruise on Celebrity and I asked on one of their pages if they had a set up similar to MUTS on any of the Celebrity ships as that is a deciding factor for us on picking a cruise...............:eek:..........Oops....Apparently a movie screen on deck is anathema to the Celebrity Cruisers.

Certainly helped to decide which cruise line we would not go with.

Celebrity cruises are obviously the sort that the more 'well-heeled' prefer, the thought of camping out in the open to watch a moving picture show is NOT on their list of priorities.....I think John Lennon put it more succinctly

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcp8sv_rattle-your-jewelry_music#.UQGVbZEgGK0

Celebrity cruises are obviously the sort that the more 'well-heeled' prefer, the thought of camping out in the open to watch a moving picture show is NOT on their list of priorities.....I think John Lennon put it more succinctly

Love it!!!:D

or rattle your diamond studded Rolexes

Snobbery is a form of bullying, easily rectified, one just has to stand up for oneself and the bully/ snob will quickly get the picture and bugger off!

It's not so easy when the person being bullied is a crew member.

They can be 100% right and stand up for themselves, and then

discover that they have a lot of free time at home to congratulate

themselves.

We had a tablemate who made sure he wanted to be referred to as "Doctor", and corrected anyone who didn't. Even though it wouldn't have changed my opinion of him, he wasn't a medical doctor, but probably had a Ph.D. in basket weaving. We never called him "Doctor". Glad it was only one night.

Did he not have a first name? :eek: What a yutz!

The best line about non-medical doctors is from the movie "What's Up Doc?" [i may not have it word for word, so movie snobs please don't flame me;)]

In answer to the question about what kind of doctor you are:

"I'm a musicologist."

"Can you fix a hifi?"

"No."

"Then what good are you?"

[color="Red"Folks when on board pretend what they are not.

The employees can see through them though.

Its amazing watching some of those folks and quite comical at times

][/color]

We met some of these on a non-cruise vacation, pretending to be Presidents & vice-presidents of important Canadian companies.

The cabin staff informed us that they were all traveling salesmen.

Steve

I loved this one! We were on an Alaska cruise some years ago and shared a table with two other couples. Everyone was joking about what they did for a living and trying to guess what the others did. My DH told everyone he just cleaned up at a school. He was the high school principal and truly he was always "cleaning up the problems at the school"! Our table mates enjoyed two weeks with the "janitor"!

I wonder if I'm a "snob", I love all the t-shirts that I've bought on various cruises--Baltic, So. Am etc--and wear them on cruises--try to only wear Princess ones on Princess etc.

Snobbery would be wearing all of them at once to show how many places you have been to (or boasting about the Guinness world record you got by doing it!) :D

Wearing Princess tees on Princess; X tees on X etc. shows consideration and manners - the antithesis of snobbery.

I was seated at dinner with a lady who was complaining about the food, service,ship, and most of everything on the cruise. She made a statement saying the food on the ship was like dog food.

I seized the opportunity and told her that I would have to defer to her expertise because I had never eaten dog food.

It was amazing how quiet she was for the rest of the meal !!!!

We had a tablemate who made sure he wanted to be referred to as "Doctor", and corrected anyone who didn't. Even though it wouldn't have changed my opinion of him, he wasn't a medical doctor, but probably had a Ph.D. in basket weaving. We never called him "Doctor". Glad it was only one night.

Peter Graves called everyone Dr. didn't he?? :D

I was seated at dinner with a lady who was complaining about the food, service,ship, and most of everything on the cruise. She made a statement saying the food on the ship was like dog food.

I seized the opportunity and told her that I would have to defer to her expertise because I had never eaten dog food.

What a great line, I love it!:)

Peter Graves called everyone Dr. didn't he?? :D

Phd = Piled, Higher, & Deeper:p

Sent from my farm, on a homebuilt, lashed together, desktop computer,

over a DSL connection, tied to a barbwire fence, using a 300 baud modem via http protocol. :D

EXCELLENT and oh so polite come back!

Archived