Cabin Safe

MarYSol

Have cruised before - but can't remember.....is the safe in our cabins big enough to store a tablet (i-pad)? We are cruising on the 27th of January and would love to take our tablet, but want to make sure it can be stored safely in our room.....

Have cruised before - but can't remember.....is the safe in our cabins big enough to store a tablet (i-pad)? We are cruising on the 27th of January and would love to take our tablet, but want to make sure it can be stored safely in our room.....

I am not sure how big your tablet is, so I don't know.

Many of us that bring laptops just set them up on the desk when we get to our cabin and just leave them there the whole cruise.

I have yet to read about anyone ever having a computer, camera, etc stolen.

FWIW, we took a cruise in Sept on NCL and the safe easily fit two iPads, a camera, the movie server for the iPads, and various other devices with no problem. I think we had to slightly angle the iPads to make them fit.

Personally, I would never leave an iPad out in the desk. I must be paranoid.

I also leave my laptop sitting on the desk all cruise long. I've never had a problem with theft. I take my iPad with me when I go to meals and when I'm on deck enjoying the sea days; I simply sit out on deck enjoying the passing waves and reading on my iPad.

An Ipad will fit...a laptop, probably not. Just stick it out of sight...not a problem! If you can't fit something in the safe, lock it in a suitcase! No one is going to enter your room and steal your luggage!

Locking it in a suitcase is no more effective than leaving it out in the open. Anyone, with very little practice, can unzip and rezip a locked suitcase with nothing more than a pen in just seconds. Check youtube- more than a multitude of videos showing just how easy it is.

Carnival Legend. Never taken Carnival before - have no idea what to expect!! We are long time HAL and RCCL cruisers.

NOt too sure about the Legend but some safes on Carnival use your own 4digit code and others (older) ones use a card. Use any card with a magnetic strip. We use an old AAA card.

I also leave my laptop out the whole cruise and never had a problem or heard of anyone having one.
Same here.

The first time we brought one along, we locked it up in the safe for the first few days. But we quickly realized that it was too much of a nuisance to keep locking it up and taking it out, so we stopped doing that.

We have never had a problem just leaving it out, on any cruise line.

We have everything essential backed up, so we could always recover any files we need, just in case.

We just keep a password on it to stop anyone who happens to be in the cabin from snooping or using it.

(Yes, I know very well that passwords can be hacked by someone who seriously wants to get into your files, but a simple password is enough to deter the curious snooper, which is all that we intend.)

Archived