1st time Concierge help?

StLucia

I was on the 2012 New Years sailing of the Silhouette. The tendering in Grand Cayman was absolutely horrendous. The last called group which was number 43 didn't get off the ship until 1:30pm! I spoke to a number of guests who were CC and they were able to get Priority Tender tickets. This to me would be a perk worth the extra cost.

We are CC on Solstice in a few weeks, I did not know we could get priority tender tickets, thanks for information.

Some confusion in responses between Captains Club concierge and the "butler" service for Concierge Class cabins. CC cabin should have champaigne and fruit on arrival, deluxe linens and pillow choices, special beach tote to take home, binoculars available, nightly canapes, better room service menu. You get priority disembarkment (ask butler where to check in for this) if tendered instead of docked. Better towels but even better is twice daily towel exchange so you have fresh in the morning and again when you come back sticky from an excursion and shower for dinner. Your cabin butler or his/her assistant cover about 15 cabins in CC exclusively - do the cabin cleaning, make reservations, bring beach towels (Bermuda) order anything you want. We like to do late dining at table for 6 and Celebrity has assigned other CC passengers at our table. And you get an extra point in Captains Club credit getting you to Elite quicker.

Some confusion in responses between Captains Club concierge and the "butler" service for Concierge Class cabins. CC cabin should have champaigne and fruit on arrival, deluxe linens and pillow choices, special beach tote to take home, binoculars available, nightly canapes, better room service menu. You get priority disembarkment (ask butler where to check in for this) if tendered instead of docked. Better towels but even better is twice daily towel exchange so you have fresh in the morning and again when you come back sticky from an excursion and shower for dinner. Your cabin butler or his/her assistant cover about 15 cabins in CC exclusively - do the cabin cleaning, make reservations, bring beach towels (Bermuda) order anything you want. We like to do late dining at table for 6 and Celebrity has assigned other CC passengers at our table. And you get an extra point in Captains Club credit getting you to Elite quicker.

There is no butler in Concierge Class. Only suites have a butler.

Also, priority tendering is no longer a Concierge Class perk. It was at one time but was eliminated a couple years ago as there are too many Cabins at the class now. If you remember asking your butler about the priority tendering they you had a suite which does have it.

Also the binoculars provided are very basic toy-like binoculars. If you think you'll want nice quality binoculars on your cruise then bring your own - this is especially important on Alaska cruises. And just to set the record straight there isn't a huge difference between the breakfasts available for room service in the different cabins - see this thread for more info <<click here>>

Twice daily towel change is a standard service feature in every cabin class on the ship. You can get fresh towels any time you'd like with a phone call if you need them more often than that. Nice large beach towels are also a standard feature for every cabin on the ship.

I was just about to post an inqurry about the Aquaclass Spa Concierge & saw this thread..so may as well inquire here to start with :

We have been in AQ several times but never met the AQ Concierge..last time we got a note about how to reach them but never needed helpwith anything out of the ordinary.... Has anyone used them in AQ & is it just to book spa appts or other assistance? We are hoping for assitance in booking a Cabana on Cococay-- seems all are booked already pre-cruise.

There is no butler in Concierge Class. Only suites have a butler.

Also, priority tendering is no longer a Concierge Class perk. It was at one time but was eliminated a couple years ago as there are too many Cabins at the class now. If you remember asking your butler about the priority tendering they you had a suite which does have it.

Also the binoculars provided are very basic toy-like binoculars. If you think you'll want nice quality binoculars on your cruise then bring your own - this is especially important on Alaska cruises. And just to set the record straight there isn't a huge difference between the breakfasts available for room service in the different cabins - see this thread for more info <<click here>>

Twice daily towel change is a standard service feature in every cabin class on the ship. You can get fresh towels any time you'd like with a phone call if you need them more often than that. Nice large beach towels are also a standard feature for every cabin on the ship.

Thank you so much for all the information you have provided. I had been considering upgrading from my A1 larger balcony to concierge, now that I have gotten the beverage package thru the 123 Promo and was thinking I would spend the extra money on a cabin upgrade. Bottom line I don't think flowers, fruit bowl, fluffier towels, evening appetizer or bottle of bubbly is worth the extra cost.

I think I am going to take my savings from this cruise and book another cruise before the 123 promotion ends.:)

Thank you so much for all the information you have provided. I had been considering upgrading from my A1 larger balcony to concierge, now that I have gotten the beverage package thru the 123 Promo and was thinking I would spend the extra money on a cabin upgrade. Bottom line I don't think flowers, fruit bowl, fluffier towels, evening appetizer or bottle of bubbly is worth the extra cost.

I think I am going to take my savings from this cruise and book another cruise before the 123 promotion ends.:)

On the M class ships the CC cabins are a little larger than the standard veranda cabins and have a little bit more storage. The C1 CC cabins on M class have larger verandas with the aft C1's having huge verandas. On the S class ships there is no difference in cabin or veranda size for CC cabins except for a couple aft C1 cabins which have verandas a couple feet wider than average but no deeper.

On the M class ships we usually got a CC cabin but on the S class ships we usually book a standard veranda cabin, usually a 1A which has slightly larger veranda due to the angle on the "hump" of the S class ships. The only time we'd bother with a CC cabin on S class ships is if we needed the location to be near a friend or if the prices and location were about the same. Although on S Class we do sometimes book an AQ cabin for the benefit of Blu. The other CC benefits, while nice, just are not a big deal to us and not worth much money in our opinion. But to each their own as some passengers like these benefits.

On the M class ships the CC cabins are a little larger than the standard veranda cabins and have a little bit more storage. The C1 CC cabins on M class have larger verandas with the aft C1's having huge verandas. On the S class ships there is no difference in cabin or veranda size for CC cabins except for a couple aft C1 cabins which have verandas a couple feet wider than average but no deeper.

On the M class ships we usually got a CC cabin but on the S class ships we usually book a standard veranda cabin, usually a 1A which has slightly larger veranda due to the angle on the "hump" of the S class ships. The only time we'd bother with a CC cabin on S class ships is if we needed the location to be near a friend or if the prices and location were about the same. Although on S Class we do sometimes book an AQ cabin for the benefit of Blu. The other CC benefits, while nice, just are not a big deal to us and not worth much money in our opinion. But to each their own as some passengers like these benefits.

For this cruise we are on the Solstice booked an A1 with slightly larger veranda. I think we will just stay put its mid ship near elevators which makes it pretty convenient to anywhere we want to go on the ship. Thanks.

Thanks to all for the information on Concierge Class, we only got it on Solstice, because of 'free upgrades from inside cabin, a promo deal.' CC just looks like a gimmick to me, I personally would not pay for those 'extras.' Thanks for advice re toy binoculars, will take my own on Solstice to NZ in a few weeks. Also not having priority tendering does not worry us, take our turn.

It may have been officially discontinued for CC but apparently all you have to do is go to guest relations and ask as I had several people tell me this. We were not in a CC cabin but just a regular veranda. We had an 11:30am private excursion and there was no hope in getting off in time to make our meeting time. My husband happen to go back to our stateroom to get something and our cabin steward asked why we were still on board. When my husband explained the problem with the tendering he handed him two priority tickets and we were off the ship less than 20 minutes later.

Janet and David,

Lovely to speak to u, just saw yr post we've done c1 twice now and never actaully used the concierge at all, but the cabins are great, the canapés are not great, but David usually nips up to the buffet and brings back a plate of sushi while we r getting dressed!!

Doing it again in August because Joanne will be with us and it is a larger cabin.

Hope u r both well, we r.

Lviv Nancyxxx

Janet and David,

Lovely to speak to u, just saw yr post we've done c1 twice now and never actaully used the concierge at all, but the cabins are great, the canapés are not great, but David usually nips up to the buffet and brings back a plate of sushi while we r getting dressed!!

Doing it again in August because Joanne will be with us and it is a larger cabin.

Hope u r both well, we r.

Lviv Nancyxxx

It's lovely to hear from you Nancy and know you are both well. It's my big birthday so we are spending the inheritance and splashing out on a C1 to Hawaii. I think we will be happy with the small extras and David also goes to the buffet for nibbles.

We are both well, still working. Have you noticed the Ventura roll call is still active? Rex and Leta have moved up market to Seabourne.

TC Love Janet and David

Archived