1st time Concierge help?

StLucia

I know what extras we get in our C1, but what exactly does the concierge do? Do they come to you, or do they have a desk on board. I understand we get priority bookings in speciality restaurants. We normally make reservations as soon as we board but does this mean we don't need to do this to get our preferred day/time?

Thanks for your help.

It's pretty much a marketing feature rather than a real one. There is a concierge on board (like a hotel) who can help make dinner reservations or arrange flowers, etc. Everyone has access to them, not just concierge class passengers. We've sailed cc many times and have yet to call the concierge....we just make our own reservations.

It's pretty much a marketing feature rather than a real one. There is a concierge on board (like a hotel) who can help make dinner reservations or arrange flowers, etc. Everyone has access to them, not just concierge class passengers. We've sailed cc many times and have yet to call the concierge....we just make our own reservations.

Thank you for your quick reply. Where is the concierge based,we have been on. Celebrity before but I cannot remember seeing a desk?

Thank you for your quick reply. Where is the concierge based,we have been on. Celebrity before but I cannot remember seeing a desk?

I'm probably the wrong person to ask :) but I think it's very close to the guest services desk. It doesn't exactly stand out...

Hi there,

Have just got back off Eclipse after her New Year sailing, it is right to say that concierge is marketing of a product and any enquiries should really be directed at guest relations on deck 3. your sea pass card gives recognition that you are in concierge class by virtue of the colour of the card and I am told that when you make a reservation for anything that as soon as your stateroom number comes up on the system, when booking, the system highlights that your are in concierge.

Don't you get fruit, appetizers and flowers in your stateroom each day too ?

We received a bowl of fruit (not cut-up fruit) which sat there all 12 days, flowers (the same flowers were there the entire 12 days) and appetizers (which we only had the first day and never reordered).

The best part of the Concierge stateroom - the better towels! On our previous cruise on the Solstice where we had a wonderful 1A large balcony, the bath towels were awful and small!

Gail

Thank you everyone for your helpful advice. Maybe we will try and test the 'priority dining reservations' promise!

If you do please report back because as reported earlier, no one has been able to figure out what this so called perk is.

Also, I found the appetizers to pretty yucky so if you ask they will subsitute shrimp for them..

If you do please report back because as reported earlier, no one has been able to figure out what this so called perk is.

Also, I found the appetizers to pretty yucky so if you ask they will subsitute shrimp for them..

Or a small cheese plate! I'm not a fan of the appetizers either. ;)

Concierge, pool butler, priorities, and etc. Different names to make you feel more important and give the feeling of class. How much of a priority can you have when there are thousands on board that get priorities for the cabin that there are in, their status in the captain club, or if they have a tour and etc.

Doesn't really matter as there is only a time difference of little significance and the end result is still the same, enjoying a great crusie experience.

We were in Concierge class a few weeks ago. You will find information in your room with a phone number to call if you wish to use the concierges’ services. We are pretty much self-sufficient, so never used the services. But a phone call would be much simpler than trying to find a desk--and then find that their hours were from 2-4 p.m. and you just missed them!

We were in Concierge class a few weeks ago. You will find information in your room with a phone number to call if you wish to use the concierges’ services. We are pretty much self-sufficient, so never used the services. But a phone call would be much simpler than trying to find a desk--and then find that their hours were from 2-4 p.m. and you just missed them!

Thanks for that Info.

I know what extras we get in our C1, but what exactly does the concierge do? Do they come to you, or do they have a desk on board. I understand we get priority bookings in speciality restaurants. We normally make reservations as soon as we board but does this mean we don't need to do this to get our preferred day/time?

Thanks for your help.

Years ago the concierge on the ship had lots of information on ports and such and their own counter near guest relations. Now I don't even think they have a permanent office where you can see them. I also think their primary duty is now arraigning fee based services both on board and on shore. Want to pay extra for something for a party? Call the concierge. Want something at no-extra-charge for a party? Call room service or ask your steward or butler.

As far as priority booking at restaurants: I read a post here a couple weeks ago which told of a cruiser who asked about the priority reservations being told that if reservations were available they'd have priority but since none were available there was nothing that could be done. To me that just makes a big joke of the whole "priority" marketing claim! It basically says that the next person in line has priority over the person standing behind him and that's as far as it goes.

Years ago the concierge on the ship had lots of information on ports and such and their own counter near guest relations. Now I don't even think they have a permanent office where you can see them. I also think their primary duty is now arraigning fee based services both on board and on shore. Want to pay extra for something for a party? Call the concierge. Want something at no-extra-charge for a party? Call room service or ask your steward or butler.

As far as priority booking at restaurants: I read a post here a couple weeks ago which told of a cruiser who asked about the priority reservations being told that if reservations were available they'd have priority but since none were available there was nothing that could be done. To me that just makes a big joke of the whole "priority" marketing claim! It basically says that the next person in line has priority over the person standing behind him and that's as far as it goes.

Interesting Larry, thank you.

Janet

We had six people, 3 rooms, all in class C2. Booked more for location than anything else. Anyway, when we got on board I called the Concierge down about our Murano reservation on Thanksgiving night. He was able to book the wine room or whatever it is called (it is a very large table in private-ish room set off to the side on Eclispe) in Murano for us. It was perfect! I took that as "priority" for the speciality resturant as we saw two other groups of 5-6 in the regular part of Murano but who knows if anyone could have gotten that by calling early in the cruise.

I was on the 2012 New Years sailing of the Silhouette. The tendering in Grand Cayman was absolutely horrendous. The last called group which was number 43 didn't get off the ship until 1:30pm! I spoke to a number of guests who were CC and they were able to get Priority Tender tickets. This to me would be a perk worth the extra cost.

Archived