Booked and Paid on the Equinox 10 Day - But Kinda Nervous

DeRon

Our last Celebrity cruise wan't the best, but we are going one more time on Celebrity to see what we think! We totally expect this time to be so much better.

Nervous about: vibe/fun factor, daytime food, music, crowds around pools, and evening energy

Excited about: beautiful ship, great service, evening meals, ambiance, relaxation, and 5 great ports!

Yay!!!!!!!

Our last Celebrity cruise wan't the best, but we are going one more time on Celebrity to see what we think! We totally expect this time to be so much better.

Nervous about: vibe/fun factor, daytime food, music, crowds around pools, and evening energy

Excited about: beautiful ship, great service, evening meals, ambiance, relaxation, and 5 great ports!

Yay!!!!!!!

We were on the Equinox for ten nights over the Christmas holiday and had a wonderful time. Stop being nervous. The crew of the Equinox is just fabulous. The ship's officers were very approachable and charming from the captain on down. The cabin attendants, wait staff, and shop clerks were all uniformly friendly and proficient at their jobs. And if I can make a statement like that when we were on the ship during that crazy time of year, just imagine how smoothly things run on the Equinox at all other times! The Equinox has a happy vibe to it and I think that tone sets the tone for all the passengers. Don't worry about little things like food at lunchtime and whether or not the pool is going to be crowded. Focus on the fact that you're going on a remarkable ship, and you're going to have a remarkable cruise. ;)

There are thousands of satisfied passengers every week on every ship. Problem is most times you only get fed back from the complainers. Some are legit but if you read many of the reviews it is petty stuff.

Some examples.

No one to take us to our cabin when we got on board????? Do you really need some one to personally show you to it? What do yo do in a hotel?

Cabin steward only came in twice a day and we rarely seen him. If you read the cabin discription that is what is listed twice a day cabin service. They have other cabins and they don't need to be your BFF.

Couldnt get into the cabin until after 1 pm . That is told up front, nothing new.

Only had one towel animal. The only line that I ever had them on was Carnival.

Wouldn't be anything to spoil my cruise or make me want to switch cruise lines for.

Some passengers weren't properly dress for dinner? That may be true but it doesn't make my dining experience any worse except for the fact that I am wish that I was in more comfortable clothes.

You will have a great cruise if you don't let a few little things upset you.

The passenger mix changes somewhat depending on the itinerary. I just got off the Eclipse on a Caribbean cruise, and it was a fun, lively group...more so than on any previous cruise.

I am going on a 10 day Caribbean cruise on the Equinox in April, I hope it's as much fun. I've sailed on the Equinox before and liked it a lot.

Yay!!!!!!!

We did the 10 night last Feb and enjoyed it so much we did the 11 night in Dec. There was great music and several varieties of bands and entertainers. Despite an older crowd the dancing was amazing. Plenty of food and snacks all over the ship in the daytime. I think you have made a great decision!!!

Gee, we may have the opposite issue of O.P...

lately Celeb has too much of a loud vibe... which the cruise line seems to equate with fun! At the pool there are many noisy games, Zumba & canned music all the time... plus loud canned music on a repeating loop throughout the ship !!!

Quoting from O.P.: "Excited about: beautiful ship, great service, evening meals, ambiance, relaxation, and 5 great ports!"

Hope we'll still find all that on boardd our upcoming cruise on Silhouette--we'll make our own fun!:D

Gee, we may have the opposite issue of O.P...

lately Celeb has too much of a loud vibe... which the cruise line seems to equate with fun! At the pool there are many noisy games, Zumba & canned music all the time... plus loud canned music on a repeating loop throughout the ship !!!

I'm the OP and I agree with what you are saying. I don't like all that loud pool stuff and games either.

I'm the OP and I agree with what you are saying. I don't like all that loud pool stuff and games either.

I think the pool is loud too though I actually like the music that I hear there, whether it's a live band or canned. We use the pool to swim in. For lounging in the sun, we go upstairs to the deck with the lawn. It's always nice and quiet there (except when there's a glass show going on, and even then you just hear the glassblowers' narration). Sometimes we get a towel and just lay out on the lawn and other times we relax in one of the overstuffed deck chairs. Either way is relaxing.

Ha! Great advice everyone! We are excited!

I am not even sure what I mean by a fun vibe...ha! I guess I want some energy in the evening, not just go back to your stateroom after dinner??

It is true that the atmosphere on Celebrity is not as "chraged" as RCCL ships, but I love the elegance and the peacefulness that I find on Celebrity. Now if you want fun, go to the Martini bar...always a fun crowd there. Or get moving with the Salsa band...another place with lots of life.

For us, we love the Solstice class (Equinox is my favorite, although I found the crew on the Silhouette last year to be fabulous). We have a nice meal, watch some entertainment, enjoy a coffee or tea, relax and read book...just the right amount of calm for us. I will admit, however, that we have been doing European itineraries for the last three years, so we are actually exhausted from traveling around in port all day, so that may be why I really am not looking for "activity" in the evening...just want to stay awake through desert (and that's with early dining:rolleyes:).

Ha! Great advice everyone! We are excited!

I am not even sure what I mean by a fun vibe...ha! I guess I want some energy in the evening, not just go back to your stateroom after dinner??

I suggest you join the roll call forum for your cruise and start meeting and making friends and joining in - I am a firm believer you make your own holiday. We've done 2 cruises on Celebrity (Constellation) and we have always had a great time, met great people and are looking forward to going on Equinox on 15th March. What date do you cruise?

There are thousands of satisfied passengers every week on every ship. Problem is most times you only get fed back from the complainers. Some are legit but if you read many of the reviews it is petty stuff.

Some examples.

No one to take us to our cabin when we got on board????? Do you really need some one to personally show you to it? What do yo do in a hotel?

Cabin steward only came in twice a day and we rarely seen him. If you read the cabin discription that is what is listed twice a day cabin service. They have other cabins and they don't need to be your BFF.

Couldnt get into the cabin until after 1 pm . That is told up front, nothing new.

Wouldn't be anything to spoil my cruise or make me want to switch cruise lines for.

Some passengers weren't properly dress for dinner? That may be true but it doesn't make my dining experience any worse except for the fact that I am wish that I was in more comfortable clothes.

Nicely put. And by nice I mean kind and factual.

Judy

The passenger mix changes somewhat depending on the itinerary. I just got off the Eclipse on a Caribbean cruise, and it was a fun, lively group...more so than on any previous cruise.

I am going on a 10 day Caribbean cruise on the Equinox in April, I hope it's as much fun. I've sailed on the Equinox before and liked it a lot.

I believe we are on the same cruise,April 5.I would ask you to dance if you don't mind my walker.See you at Happy Hour.:D

Some examples.

You're a mind reader! I've thought those exact things when reading some posts. Good grief...you're on an amazing, fabulous cruise, enjoy yourself!

You're a mind reader! I've thought those exact things when reading some posts. Good grief...you're on an amazing, fabulous cruise, enjoy yourself!

Overall I agree with these kind of statements, and we have never been on a cruise where we didn't enjoy ourselves. But when spending your hard-earned $$ on a cruise, many want to maximize their choices by choosing a cruise or ship that fits them the best...that's all.

Once on that ship, it's a par-tay!!! When back home, you evaluate for the next one to fit your style and tastes.

Agree? No?

Archived