What is cost of coffee card & soda card?

brenderlou

What if you don't drink coffee or soda? My son drinks juice, milk and water. I drink coffee and ice tea but I can bring my own bags and will be bringing a French press anyway. Is juice, tea, and milk free?
Juice is free at breakfast and milk, hot tea and iced tea all day. There is also lemonade in the Horizon Court during lunch.

Can a couple share a coffee or beverage card or is that cheating?
Soda packages are specifically sold per person and the sticker is placed on a specific passenger's cruise card. The fifteen punches on the coffee card can be used by anyone. As for the free fresh brewed coffee and specialty teas for the length of the cruise :confused:

A couple can share a coffee card because it has a certain number of "punches." Each punch is good for one speciality coffee so it doesn't really matter how many people us it. Note that you can get free brewed coffee on the same cruise that the card was purchased as long as the card still has an available punch. Unused punches can be used on another cruise.

The soda sticker is different in that it's placed on the purchacer's cruise card and entitles them to unlimited soda-gun drinks for the duration of the cruise. It should only be used by the purchaser for their own drinks. An UKP (Ultimate Kids Package?) sticker is also available (for adults also) at a slightly greater cost that entitles the purchaser to can soda, smoothies, and milk shakes as well as soda-gun drinks.

Note that you can get free brewed coffee on the same cruise that the card was purchased as long as the card still has an available punch. Unused punches can be used on another cruise.
New coffee card just states "Complementary coffee and tea only applicable to voyage of purchase." There is no requirement for an available punch.

Will be first time Princess cruiser July 2013 on Emerald, in the Baltic. Does ship have International Café ? I'm really looking to see if they would have decaff espresso before I buy a card. Any brewed decaff ? Thanks.

Here's a breakdown of the coffee card:

At the International Café and some lounges:

Brewed coffee is $1.25/cup, most specialty coffees are $2.50-$2.75 for a regular size, espresso $1.75.

$33.35, including gratuity, buys a coffee card with fifteen punchouts for specialty coffees, and unlimited brewed coffee at the cafes and lounges that have brewed coffee. You can also use it in the dining rooms for specialty coffees. The server is directed to take two punch outs for double shot orders, some do, some don't.

Since the coffee card is for a discrete quantity it's not time limited. If there are punch outs remaining at the end of the cruise the card will carry over to the next cruise. The unlimited brewed coffee does not carry over.

If you are accustomed to good quality coffee, you definitely will want a coffee card. The vile concoction in the Horizon Court (buffet) is syrup based. Room service and dining room coffee are also syrup based. I must say the dining room coffee tastes a tad better. Maybe the kitchen staff cleans their machine.:p

Not that syrup-based coffee is always a bad thing. My hometown source, http://www.javacoffee.com/, informs me there are different grades for syrup coffee, as with ground coffee. Regardless of grade, the taste of syrup based is always going to be somewhat inferior to an equivalent grade of ground. Based on flavor, Princess must use the lowest grade (cheapest) available.

You'll find brewed coffee from grounds at some lounges, and in the International Cafe. Not all ships have the Int'l Cafe. They do, however, have a Coffee Bar for regular and specialty coffees.

New coffee card just states "Complementary coffee and tea only applicable to voyage of purchase." There is no requirement for an available punch.

Sorry, I was just repeating what I had previously read here on CC, Thanks for the update, my DW will be happy to know she won't have to save a punch until the last day.

No cans included in UKP. Also for kids and kids of all ages.

Yup, I was mistaken. The Unlimited Soda and More package includes unlimited soda plus any mocktails, juices, shakes, floats and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise

• 2 weeks later...

https://book.princess.com/images/cc/...nswer_Book.pdf

Pg 30 of the Cruise Answer book shows all the dining/food/snack options on board and hours of operation plus if there is an additional charge.

Soda Packages & Coffee Card

Canned Soda Package

Choose any six sodas listed below in any combination for the price of five: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, orange soda, soda water, tonic water, ginger ale

Item #2311 $11.75

Unlimited Soda Package

Receive a souvenir tumbler and select from a variety of unlimited soft drinks served by the glass at all bars and restaurant locations throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge.

Item #0523 $5.18 per person/per day*

Unlimited Soda & More Package

Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & more Package,† entitling you to the above Unlimited Soda Package plus any mocktails, juices, shakes, floats and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge.

Item #2312 $8.05 per person/per day*

Café Selects Coffee Card

Enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise.

Item #524 $31.00

† There are no milkshakes or thick shakes available for Ocean and Pacific Princess.

* Beverage package is calculated based on the total number of days of your cruise. When submitting

payment, please ensure to calculate the total number of days of the cruise by the per day rate.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboar...lars/index.jsp

Here's a pdf on gifts & services offered by Princess:

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboar...s_Services.pdf

(these can also be purchased once you board the ship)

Will be first time Princess cruiser July 2013 on Emerald, in the Baltic. Does ship have International Café ? I'm really looking to see if they would have decaff espresso before I buy a card. Any brewed decaff ? Thanks.
The Emerald does have an IC. We won't sail on her until June, but ICs on other ships have had fresh brewed decaf coffee. Don't know about decaf espresso though.

https://book.princess.com/images/cc/...nswer_Book.pdf

Pg 30 of the Cruise Answer book shows all the dining/food/snack options on board and hours of operation plus if there is an additional charge.

Unlimited Soda & More Package

Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & more Package,† entitling you to the above Unlimited Soda Package plus any mocktails, juices, shakes, floats and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge.

Item #2312 $8.05 per person/per day*

(these can also be purchased once you board the ship)

This will be our first cruise on Princess. Am I correct in assuming that the mocktails would include non-alcoholic smoothies (daquari-type)? Also, can anyone tell me how much each of the following: mocktails, shakes, hot chocolate and sodas cost if you do not have the unlimited & more package? I'm more of a water drinker, so trying to see if it is worth it for DH.

Thanks!

This will be our first cruise on Princess. Am I correct in assuming that the mocktails would include non-alcoholic smoothies (daquari-type)? Also, can anyone tell me how much each of the following: mocktails, shakes, hot chocolate and sodas cost if you do not have the unlimited & more package? I'm more of a water drinker, so trying to see if it is worth it for DH.

Thanks!

This is a photo of a typical mocktail menu.

Drink+Menu+5+-+Alcohol+Free+Cocktails.jpg

Unlimited sodas and more: $8.05/day

Mocktails: $4.60

Shakes: $2.88

Hot Chocolate: $1.73/$3.45

Sodas: $2.24

This was a great thread. It just made our decision! We usually order "virgin" drinks, so the UKP will be perfect for us. Two mocktails a day and the card pays for itself, not even including all the soda we drink. It's a very reasonable price IMO.:D

Yes, they have the hot chocolate sachets at the dispensers.:D

Is the hot chocolate that comes on the UKP card different than the instand that is available "at the dispensers?" Also, is brewed coffee included in the UKP or is that only with the Coffee card?

Thanks,

Brian

Is the hot chocolate that comes on the UKP card different than the instand that is available "at the dispensers?" Also, is brewed coffee included in the UKP or is that only with the Coffee card?

Thanks,

Brian

No longer have hot chocolate packages next to the tea bags in the Horizon Court. I had hot chocolate once with the coffee card and, as I remember, it was fairly good. You can get hot chocolate in the dining room during breakfast for no charge but I haven't tried it there. Brewed coffee only available with the coffee card.

I read that the hot chocolate at the IC was made with steamed milk. Sounds better than instant. Will have to try it. Already have unlimited card and coffee card for April cruise. Actually looking forward to it all.

all i want is a cup of coffee sometime during the day. must i purchase a coffee card or is there somewhere i can get a cup of coffee without any charges?

Coffee is free through room service, from the buffet, and in the restaurants. It is only the brewed coffee at the IC, and specialty coffee drinks anywhere that you have to pay for, from my understanding. Princess Experts, correct me if I'm wrong :p

I read that the hot chocolate at the IC was made with steamed milk. Sounds better than instant. Will have to try it. Already have unlimited card and coffee card for April cruise. Actually looking forward to it all.

How do you get the coffee card ahead of time? I see the order form on-line, but do they actually send you the card, or will it appear at check-in or when you get in your cabin? Thanks!

Archived