What is cost of coffee card & soda card?

brenderlou

Will be on the Caribbean Princess in March (7 nt cruise) and have read several posts about purchasing a coffee card. What is the cost of the coffee card and what do you get with it, unlimited speciality coffee entire cruise or a preset amount?

Also, how much is a beverage (soda) card and does it just include soda or other non-alcoholic beverages like juices & do these have to be purchased on the ship or can it be done prior?

Thank you

Coffee card gives you 15 specialty coffees. As long as there is at least you punch left youcan get brewed coffee. Cost is about $30.

Coffee sticker is affixed to the cruise card. It gives the card holder unlimited fountain sodas. (coke products). It is $4.25 per day plus 15% tip

The Ultimate Kids package (UKP) is not just for kids and is great value at around $8.05 per day (15% gratuity included). With this you get a sticker and it enables you to unlimited sodas, milkshakes, mocktails, juices, smoothies and hot chocolates.:D

The Ultimate Kids package (UKP) is not just for kids and is great value at around $8.05 per day (15% gratuity included). With this you get a sticker and it enables you to unlimited sodas, milkshakes, mocktails, juices, smoothies and hot chocolates.:D

Concerning the hot chocolate... are there any free options for hot chocolate (pouches at the buffet or dispenser)? It's been years since we've sailed Princess but will be going soon and was thinking that hot cocoa would be free, similar to other cruise lines. DD is a big hot chocolate junkie!

Here's a breakdown of the coffee card:

At the International Café and some lounges:

Brewed coffee is $1.25/cup, most specialty coffees are $2.50-$2.75 for a regular size, espresso $1.75.

$33.35, including gratuity, buys a coffee card with fifteen punchouts for specialty coffees, and unlimited brewed coffee at the cafes and lounges that have brewed coffee. You can also use it in the dining rooms for specialty coffees. The server is directed to take two punch outs for double shot orders, some do, some don't.

Since the coffee card is for a discrete quantity it's not time limited. If there are punch outs remaining at the end of the cruise the card will carry over to the next cruise. The unlimited brewed coffee does not carry over.

If you are accustomed to good quality coffee, you definitely will want a coffee card. The vile concoction in the Horizon Court (buffet) is syrup based. Room service and dining room coffee are also syrup based. I must say the dining room coffee tastes a tad better. Maybe the kitchen staff cleans their machine.:p

Not that syrup-based coffee is always a bad thing. My hometown source, http://www.javacoffee.com/, informs me there are different grades for syrup coffee, as with ground coffee. Regardless of grade, the taste of syrup based is always going to be somewhat inferior to an equivalent grade of ground. Based on flavor, Princess must use the lowest grade (cheapest) available.

You'll find brewed coffee from grounds at some lounges, and in the International Cafe. Not all ships have the Int'l Cafe. They do, however, have a Coffee Bar for regular and specialty coffees.

Concerning the hot chocolate... are there any free options for hot chocolate (pouches at the buffet or dispenser)? It's been years since we've sailed Princess but will be going soon and was thinking that hot cocoa would be free, similar to other cruise lines. DD is a big hot chocolate junkie!

Available at no charge at breakfast in the dining room.

Unlimited with the purchase of a coffee card.

Included with the purchase of the UKP.

We did a back to back on the Oasis and Carnival Freedom this Christmas and bought soda packages on both. I have to say that the Princess UKP is the best deal we've come across (including our one HA cruise a couple of years ago). None of the cruise lines we've purchased non-alcoholic drink packages seem to include the type of drinks that Princess' UKP card does. Rather, they seem to only offer sodas. Please correct me if I'm wrong, everybody.

I'm a little surprised to hear that Starbucks hasn't infiltrated the cruise industry. Not that I think SB serves the best coffee but they are simply located everywhere - why not cruise ships?

I enjoy a nice cup of bold coffee in the morning and I'm a little dismayed to keep reading about how terrible Princesses' coffee is.

I'm a little surprised to hear that Starbucks hasn't infiltrated the cruise industry. Not that I think SB serves the best coffee but they are simply located everywhere - why not cruise ships?

I enjoy a nice cup of bold coffee in the morning and I'm a little dismayed to keep reading about how terrible Princesses' coffee is.

Bring on the SB instant packets and make your own. Almost as good as the real thing and it suits me better than the HC coffee. Its always a personal taste, you'll find those who dont mind the HC coffee and some who do. But along with the other 'must haves to pack' for cruising the SB instant packs (they come in several flavors and strengths) are always on the list.

Yes, they have the hot chocolate sachets at the dispensers.:D

I do not think the Princess coffee is bad at all, I drink my coffee black and no sugar, so any nuances in the coffee are easily tasted. Of course, my tastes are subjective, but the coffee on another cruiseline (X) was undrinkable for me as it tasted burnt and bitter. Their specialty coffees (such as Cuppacinos and lattes) are much better on both cruiselines.:D

Appears that princess raised the Soda card cost shows $5.18 UKP still shows $8.05

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

That is $4.50 + 15% gratuity, no increase.

Sent from my clumsy desktop PC using Internet Explorer 9.0.8

• 3 weeks later...

royal caribbean has Starbucks onboard

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes, they have the hot chocolate sachets at the dispensers.:D
No longer the case, at least on the Golden, Coral and Island. I used to make hot chocolate once in a while but the packages are gone. You could bring your own and use the hot water in the HC. I have never tried the hot chocolate in the dining room at breakfast.

What soda drinks are offered on the soda package? On my last princess cruise they served caffein free diet coke. I that still available? It is the only thing I drink.

I have never seen Caffeine Free Diet Coke on a Princess ship. If they do have it, it will probably be in cans only, so no good with the soda sticker.

Archived