Laundry Issues

sharke

What can you tell me regarding the quality of Celebrity' s laundry services? What shape are your clothes in when returned? Is everything washed & dried at the hottest level? Did you find much shrinkage and/or fading? Cruising on Infinity soon & just want to know how much to pack. Can I trust the laundry?

Yes, You can trust the laundry. I use it all the time.

I wear lots of cotton and linen.

When you use the laundry list and pay by item it comes back ironed and pants and shirts on hanger.Others nicely folded.

When you use the laundry bag special, it will come back just folded.

Used it three times on a 15 day cruise. I had packed for only seven days wardrobe.

What can you tell me regarding the quality of Celebrity' s laundry services? What shape are your clothes in when returned? Is everything washed & dried at the hottest level? Did you find much shrinkage and/or fading? Cruising on Infinity soon & just want to know how much to pack. Can I trust the laundry?

Yes, everything is washed and dried at the hottest level, so you need to be selective about what you send to the laundry. Some things that I normally wash at home I send to be dry cleaned.

The laundry per item prices have been posted a number of times. If the search function was working it would be a snap to call the price list up.

We have always been very satisfied with the laundry service. The prices are about the same as many of us pay in our home towns. They do linen better than any dry cleaners I have ever used.

We'll be using the service on our upcoming cruise with no reservations.

I have also used the laundry services many times over the years and

don't recall ever having any issues. My clothing has been returned to

me just fine:)

Celebrity does have some specials for all the laundry you can fit in a bag but it just comes back folded.

We used our Elite coupon on Silhouette two weeks ago that gets you 30 items washed and folded only. I'd say this service is exactly how it's described. Washed and folded (not necessarily neatly folded).

I've used the laundry service for years without a problem and on Silhouette i had a brand new shirt not returned. It had been a Christmas gift. It wasn't expensive (a Fresh Produce shirt if you know what those are) and I can replace it but I was very surprised to have this happen as I've never had a problem in the past. I guess it can happen every now and then and it was a reminder to not send anything particularly expensive or special to the laundry.

I sent a bag of laundry out on our TA on the Silhouette in December. Everything came back but some things were a bit gray. I didn't send anything that couldn't be replaced, sock, undies, nightgown, jeans....the press only and dry cleaning are just fine!

Celebrity does have some specials for all the laundry you can fit in a bag but it just comes back folded.

We used our Elite coupon on Silhouette two weeks ago that gets you 30 items washed and folded only. I'd say this service is exactly how it's described. Washed and folded (not necessarily neatly folded).

I've used the laundry service for years without a problem and on Silhouette i had a brand new shirt not returned. It had been a Christmas gift. It wasn't expensive (a Fresh Produce shirt if you know what those are) and I can replace it but I was very surprised to have this happen as I've never had a problem in the past. I guess it can happen every now and then and it was a reminder to not send anything particularly expensive or special to the laundry.

Love your description--not necessarily neatly folded! That's how I've felt for years. So I only send stuff that's been washed and dried a lot and I don't worry about a few wrinkles. :D

I'd have been crabby if they lost a brand new Fresh Produce shirt! Love those things! Although I'm not sure I would have entrusted a brand new one to their not-so-tender mercies.

on my Reflection TA in Dec., I used my free Elite coupons 2X for bags of laudry. I did include some polyester/knit pants and tops and asked for them to be washed in warm or cold water. In the other bag I put underwear and didn't put any restrictions. Everything came back in ok condition but I suspect both bags were washed in hot water.

I also used my dry cleaning coupons and frankly was not too happy with the items. I did it to save having to bring them in back home and it didn't work-- still needed to be re-drycleaned.

I believe it's a crapshoot:(

The per item price is usually very expensive - doesn't Celebrity have the mid-week "everything you can jam in a bag for one good price" laundry option?

Since my husband and I are both elite I really don't look for the "stuff a bag" type of laundry deals. However, after not seeing them on the past several cruises on a RT San Diego to Hawaii cruise on the Century last October two of the "stuff a bag" deals were offered. I don't remember the cost, but it was a flat rate for all items which could be stuffed into one of their laundry bags.

We have always been happy with the condition of our laundry when using the elite laundry coupons, but don't send out really expensive or delicate items. We also have been very pleased with the dry cleaning.

Archived