Revised New Menus

IECalCruiser

Does anyone have the latest 7-day menu, or is it the same as the first 7 days of the 14 day menu?
They would not be the same as the first 7 days. These are the menus from my post that I think would be on a 7 day cruise.

Day 01 – Embarkation

Day 02 - Captain's Welcome Dinner - Formal Night

Day 03

Day 11 – Italian Night

Day 12 - Captain's Welcome Dinner - Formal Night

Day 13 - Chef's Dinner

Day 14

Not sure about Day 03 but you should have the others. Order will change with Formal Night schedule.

Oh my! I hope we have these choices on the Emerald .... I will have a hard time some evenings.

You can be sure at least about the salmon with herb butter, the beef medallions and the chicken breast. Those are anytime (all the time) items. The salmon is my fall-back choice. It's really good.

Thank you for posting these. We are considering the CA Costal in April and I had heard the food wasn't as great. I'm a very picky eater so it's nice to see I will have some options.

Dad just had surgery and has to stay away from cheese sauces and heavy meats. I'm hoping that there's enough variety for him, but I suppose we can go over the menu with the wait staff, or hit they've lido.

Thank you for posting these. We are considering the CA Costal in April and I had heard the food wasn't as great. I'm a very picky eater so it's nice to see I will have some options.

Dad just had surgery and has to stay away from cheese sauces and heavy meats. I'm hoping that there's enough variety for him, but I suppose we can go over the menu with the wait staff, or hit they've lido.

Princess is very accommodating of dietary needs. On our cruise this month we traveled with a friend that needed a low fat, low salt diet. The head waiter brought the next day's menus every night and modifications were made to menu items to meet his needs. Princess is his favorite cruise line because of the way this is handled.

Does anyone know if the "old new Menus" are on the Emerald 10 day cruise?

We are sailing on her on April 6.

The Emerald has had the new new menus since January 6th.

JMHO, but I think that, based on the post cruise surveys, Princess realized they moved too far too fast in cheapening their cruise experience. Two areas of particular concern to us, the old new menus and Anytime Entertainment, have both been significantly improved since early November-December.

This cruiser is most pleased. :)

If you see an item that has sauce added on top, you can ask your waiter to have it with "no sauce".

However, working with the headwaiter the night before (as suggested in a post above) can result in a desired dish with the sauce a component being made without the sauce for him.

I finally was able to access the menus and I have to say I am impressed. There are a great many new and interesting items and some old favorites have been added back to the menu. I saw lots of new yummy desserts too, more souffles. Someone has been listening to our requests for fresh new menus and I am a happy girl.

So glad to see this happening. I had read the "new" menus and despaired of the changes for the worst. Was certainly thinking this was going to be my last Princess cruise.

Can't stand it that they are cheapening the product so much. Our first Princess cruise was in 2007 and have seen the food product just go down and down.

Sue

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for posting these.... we were on the Ruby for 33 nights last May and were very disappointed in the old new menus.... they were rotated every 7 days and on a long cruise it gets boring.

These look much better and I agree' date=' the medallions are a good backstop if nothing else appeals.... [b']We are off on the Diamond for 38 nights next month.... I hope these menus are on her then[/b].

Good luck with the menu change. We just got off the Diamond last Friday and they still have the "old new" menus without the beef medallions on every day. Pretty much everything else in the "always available" section was at the very bottom of the menu each day, but we missed the tenderloin!

I finally was able to access the menus and I have to say I am impressed. There are a great many new and interesting items and some old favorites have been added back to the menu. I saw lots of new yummy desserts too, more souffles. Someone has been listening to our requests for fresh new menus and I am a happy girl.

\\

How did you access them, I have tried everything and no luck

I noticed the Eggplant Parmigana was on the menu during Italian night!! My DW and I had really liked this appetizer and was disappointed when it was not offered on our cruise in November/December. I am hoping it makes it on during our 7 day cruise in April!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for posting all the menus!!!

:confused:Have a question: Am I missing the Lobster, Beef Wellington and Escargot? I don't see them listed on any of the formal night menus? Hope I just read them too fast cause I sure hope they are still offered.

Thanks for posting all the menus!!!

:confused:Have a question: Am I missing the Lobster, Beef Wellington and Escargot? I don't see them listed on any of the formal night menus? Hope I just read them too fast cause I sure hope they are still offered.

The Escargot, Lobster tail (and prawns) and, Beef Wellington are still on the Captain's Gala menu, day 12 on the Island. Over the last couple of years, we have found the prawns to be better that the lobster and we ask for only the prawns to make a surf and turf with the Wellington :)

Thanks for the menus. Hope some of what I saw will be on our March 23 Crown sailing out of Galveston.

Previous Cruises

Island Princess – 2008 Alaska

Island Princess – 2009 Alaska (B2B)

Royal Princess – 2010 Alaska

Golden Princess – 2011 Alaska

Coral Princess – 2012 Panama Canal

Star Princess – 2012 Alaska

Upcoming Cruises

Crown Princes – 2013 Western Caribbean

Island Princess – 2013 Alaska

Caribbean Princess – 2013 Western Caribbean (4 Day)

Archived