Maya Key vs Little French Key

CocoaMom

I've been to Maya Key and just thought it was a fantastic day. Having said that, this time I reserved Little French Key. The price difference is about $10. For those that have been to BOTH, I'm wondering if you could compare the two possibly?

This trip instead of being with husband /family, I'm sailing with a frIend. We simply want to relax, swim, have a good lunch, be in a pretty setting and snorkeling is not a concern. Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
Bummer about availability through cruise lines. How far ahead should I book Maya Key? After reading mitsugirly's review, I do not want to miss out. It was one of my favorite places.

I would book as far in advance as you can if you really want to go. I know there were people on my roll call that wanted to go and they were booked up months in advance prior to our sailing in December. :)

We have been to Maya Key, Tabyana Beach and this time we booked LFK........it looks amazing. We loved Maya Key as well, very pretty, neat seeing the animals and a really nice pool to relax beside and a decent lunch and very close to the ship.......but we wanted something different this time. Saw this place referred to on our roll call and then read the reviews on Tripadvisor and it looks amazing. When you email the resort, I was amazed at how fast they wrote back and within a couple hours, we were all booked! Very great service.

Leah

Another CC'er posted her info and LFK emailed me. Varies btwn 88 and up depending on what you want, ie: full package 88, ten more for snorkelling and then up from there for diving. Looks awesome! Email me and I can send u info if you want. crbrowns@telus.net is our email.

Leah

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Please note the following from the Posting & You! section in the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

Answer Posts on the Boards, Not Via Email!

Please try to answer message board posts on the boards instead of E-mail when appropriate. There is a lot of great information that we're all missing because it is passing through private E-mail. There are of course times when private E-mail is more appropriate but if you have information that would be helpful to many people, please try to come back to the boards and post it rather than replying to a posting through E-mail.

Thanking you in advance for your cooperation,

Kat 50.gif

Please note the following from the Posting & You! section in the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

Answer Posts on the Boards' date=' Not Via Email![/b']

Please try to answer message board posts on the boards instead of E-mail when appropriate. There is a lot of great information that we're all missing because it is passing through private E-mail. There are of course times when private E-mail is more appropriate but if you have information that would be helpful to many people, please try to come back to the boards and post it rather than replying to a posting through E-mail.

Thanking you in advance for your cooperation,

Kat 50.gif

Sorry!

• 3 months later...

We just returned from LFK a few weeks ago and my full review and pictures are now available on my review over on the Carnival board if anyone is interested.

You can find it here and it starts at post #250 and goes on until around post #349. Yep, it's long and there is a lot of details in it. It is very picture heavy as well.

Let me know if you have any questions. :)

We just returned from LFK a few weeks ago and my full review and pictures are now available on my review over on the Carnival board if anyone is interested.

You can find it here and it starts at post #250 and goes on until around post #349. Yep, it's long and there is a lot of details in it. It is very picture heavy as well.

Let me know if you have any questions. :)

Thank you for your review.. I just rcvd my price quote from them on 6/1/13 and it looks like they have raised their prices on the pkgs. The Fun Day Pkg is now $ 160 The Full Island Pkg is $ 98 The Full Island Pkg Plus is $ 119 Just entrance only is $ 55 per person. I'm just wondering how often they will be raising their prices.? It looks like a beautiful place..Based on your review, I'm thinking just doing the entrance only with round trip transp. might be a better deal? but I do want to kayak...

Thank you for your review.. I just rcvd my price quote from them on 6/1/13 and it looks like they have raised their prices on the pkgs. The Fun Day Pkg is now $ 160 The Full Island Pkg is $ 98 The Full Island Pkg Plus is $ 119 Just entrance only is $ 55 per person. I'm just wondering how often they will be raising their prices.? It looks like a beautiful place..Based on your review, I'm thinking just doing the entrance only with round trip transp. might be a better deal? but I do want to kayak...

So what is the $98 package? Is that the one I just did for $88 which included the entrance, transportation, 2 drinks, and the food?

I can't believe they are still adjusting the prices. I thought they had worked everything out. They have been adjusting, from what I have heard, over the last year or so.

If it was me, I would definitely do the $55 package and if you get hungry or drink, buy it separate. But that's just me.

As for the canoes, they come with admission. You don't pay extra for them. It's only the things like the boat ride to the snorkeling, jet skis, banana boats (which I didn't see either one of these there), knee boards and floater beds are extra...which I didn't see any of these items while we were there. So...

So what is the $98 package? Is that the one I just did for $88 which included the entrance, transportation, 2 drinks, and the food?

I can't believe they are still adjusting the prices. I thought they had worked everything out. They have been adjusting, from what I have heard, over the last year or so.

If it was me, I would definitely do the $55 package and if you get hungry or drink, buy it separate. But that's just me.

As for the canoes, they come with admission. You don't pay extra for them. It's only the things like the boat ride to the snorkeling, jet skis, banana boats (which I didn't see either one of these there), knee boards and floater beds are extra...which I didn't see any of these items while we were there. So...

Yes, the $98.00 pkg comes with the 2 drinks, lunch, transportation. Yikes!! We are only docked from 10-6 so I think we should just eat a late big breakfast..lol

Yes, the $98.00 pkg comes with the 2 drinks, lunch, transportation. Yikes!! We are only docked from 10-6 so I think we should just eat a late big breakfast..lol

We were there from 9am-6pm, so only an hour more than what you will have, but actually it would be the same amount of time we had because we left early in order to explore Mahogany Bay. So I think it's more than worth it for the time that we got there. It was a fulfilling day for sure. One that I wouldn't miss.

I would definitely go with the big breakfast in the morning. I know that they said they charge $22 for the "plate" of food they serve. I'm not sure if they have a menu you can just buy items from if you want to snack or not. But I would email them and ask...or just hold it until you get back to the port. :) I know they said their beer is $5 and their mixed drinks are between $5 - $7 depending on what you get. I believe soda is $1 or $2. I can't remember.

I know if we are to go back, we will take the small package and not the meal. ;)

We were there from 9am-6pm, so only an hour more than what you will have, but actually it would be the same amount of time we had because we left early in order to explore Mahogany Bay. So I think it's more than worth it for the time that we got there. It was a fulfilling day for sure. One that I wouldn't miss.

I would definitely go with the big breakfast in the morning. I know that they said they charge $22 for the "plate" of food they serve. I'm not sure if they have a menu you can just buy items from if you want to snack or not. But I would email them and ask...or just hold it until you get back to the port. :) I know they said their beer is $5 and their mixed drinks are between $5 - $7 depending on what you get. I believe soda is $1 or $2. I can't remember.

I know if we are to go back, we will take the small package and not the meal. ;)

Thank you for the drink prices.. & for your review again..It really will help us plan our visit!! :)

Mitsugirly ~ I am off to read your review! Thanks for being such a prolific & eloquent writer!:D

Awww, thanks. Have fun and I hope you enjoy it. I'm still finishing up. I will hopefully have more today some time.

Archived