1-2-3 Promotion available to World with exception of UK

tine-tine

There is no problem booking through a US agent and making your own air arrangements' date=' we have done so many times:)

Sue

Celebrity actually do prohibit this, so caveat emptor.

In reality it is easy to do, but to say there is no problem is a bit misleading - technically there could be. Unlikely, I know, but you could have your cruise cancelled by X if you book this way.

I have been involved in discussing this issue since the promotion was started. Posts to CC. Facebook updates to Celebrity UK. Contacting my TA to let them know how unhappy I was and that I would be going for a US TA in future, so lost sails (and sales ! lol) for them. Looked at cancelling my existing booking (losing £1200 deposit!!), and re-booking in the US, but became worried as Celebrity changed the wording to exclude UK residents, so didn't do this.

This experience has really put me off booking with Celebrity in the future.

In fact, last night my sister-in-law just asked me to recommend a Cruise company, and guess who I didn't reccommend.

I was annoyed at this apparent unfair treatment so did some price comparisons between US and UK agents.

The Mediterranean cruise I am looking at seemed to be around 50% more expensive on the US site, meaning that the price difference would pay for a drinks package, should I decide on one.

Is it perhaps a case of swings and roundabouts? I must admit I find the finer details of cruise pricing rather confusing and I may be missing something here. Perhaps someone a bit more up to speed could enlighten me.

Geneally European cruises are cheaper on the European sites and US starting cruises are cheaper on the US sites.

There is no problem booking through a US agent and making your own air arrangements' date=' we have done so many times:)[/font']

Sue

We won't let a cruise comapny handle our flights or transfers. It is much better to be in control of when you travel to airports. Just give yourself an extra day before and after and have a longer vacation.

Gordon

We won't let a cruise comapny handle our flights or transfers. It is much better to be in control of when you travel to airports. Just give yourself an extra day before and after and have a longer vacation.

Gordon

Exactly! Sometimes we have done cruise/air when the price was right but on the whole, we book ourselves. Always include a day or two pre and post cruise so no white knuckles if the flight is delayed;) Someone will probably bring up the ash cloud fiasco - those who booked a package were well cared for and some independent travellers had a nightmare, it's a choice you make...we were lucky and were not on a cruise at that time:)

Sue

Exactly! Sometimes we have done cruise/air when the price was right but on the whole' date=' we book ourselves. Always include a day or two pre and post cruise so no white knuckles if the flight is delayed;) Someone will probably bring up the ash cloud fiasco - those who booked a package were well cared for and some independent travellers had a nightmare, it's a choice you make...we were lucky and were not on a cruise at that time:)

Sue

Hi Sue,

Thank you for information. Have you booked cruise/flight package through US agent? Sometimes, like today!, we arrange our own flights but they are just US returns. However, for our Pacific cruise it is more complicated so we went through Celebrity. Will a US agent sort this for us.

Gordon[/quote)

This is the main reason I believe those in the UK cannot participate. The bundled packages with air are "Net Rates". I had to google to find the definition. But, they may be getting a better price as far as the air and hotel component.

Like you, we will not take cruise line mystery flights.

I have just opened "celebritycruises.co.uk" and it states on the Home Page "drinks included".

By the way, on 15 past cruises, I have always paid the full gratuities as stated, and then tip some extra at the end, as well as the odd tip along the way - just for the record, being from the UK and all that.......!

Hi Sue,

Thank you for information. Have you booked cruise/flight package through US agent? Sometimes, like today!, we arrange our own flights but they are just US returns. However, for our Pacific cruise it is more complicated so we went through Celebrity. Will a US agent sort this for us.

Hi Jenna

I have a feeling that they can't book air for us....I seem to remember looking into this once and somewhere in the small print it said US and Canada only:(

Sue

You can imagine how we are feeling on this first part of our b2b cruise, constantly receiving flyers and phone calls inviting us to book this wonderful offer!!! Never mentioning the exemptions for some, really feels like rubbing your nose in it. In the UK you would be taken up and charged under the Trades Description Act if not for Fraud for misrepresenting your sales.

And as a matter of reference we always pay extra tips and have seen on cruises US guests arguing about removing tips and not tipping extra, 'horses for courses' as we say!

Just to say that after reading many posts on this subject, I tried to book a Celebrity cruise through a US TA. The TA replied and said that they couldn't take a booking for Celebrity because I was a UK resident. They offered other lines, but said that Celebrity forbade it.

Just to say that after reading many posts on this subject, I tried to book a Celebrity cruise through a US TA. The TA replied and said that they couldn't take a booking for Celebrity because I was a UK resident. They offered other lines, but said that Celebrity forbade it.

You just need to look around a bit more.

Hi Jenna

I have a feeling that they can't book air for us....I seem to remember looking into this once and somewhere in the small print it said US and Canada only:(

Sue

Thank you. It is what I thought. However, certainly going to check out a US agent.

Many Europeans, Australians and British on our Transpacific cruise have booked through US agent and received the 123 offer.

My uk travel agent has told me that from tomorrow the celebrity offer of 'free drinks package' will be changing to a 123go offer. However, only 1 freebie may be selected - drinks package, onboard credit or free coach/car parking. When I questioned the offer and pointed out the US version of 123go I was told it was definitely only 1 freebie :(

Think you may be right about this. Our A2 cabin has just gone up by over £500!!!! In the last few days. So this is how they're going to keep the UK peeps happy. NOT!!

Seems my travel agent was right, offer has changed to 123go today on celebrity uk:http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/cruise-deals/

Still only one freebie tho :( altho the drinks package looks to be unlimited now, not just the 'classic'. Anyone else got anymore info??

I just booked the Summit Southern Caribbean for 2nd November last week. I've phoned Celebrity a couple of times to see if I could be included in the deal because I booked in the same timeline, only to be told no, it's only for US residents.

I'm really angry. It basically means I'll be on a cruise where, including the free drinks package, the people in the US will have paid almost half what I've paid.

Is this legal? Is there some sort of Ombudsman we can complain to?

I've phoned again this morning and got some Head of Customer Service's email address, so will see how I get on.

This is our first ever cruise. A colleague at work recommended this line. Its our 20th wedding anniversary . . . woe is me!

Och, it just leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Seems my travel agent was right, offer has changed to 123go today on celebrity uk:http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/cruise-deals/

Still only one freebie tho :( altho the drinks package looks to be unlimited now, not just the 'classic'. Anyone else got anymore info??

What's new. This is still only for sailings out of the UK. Celebrity must think we're really stupid.

This offer is only for 2013 cruises from Southampton booked during February so it bears no resemblance to the 123Go offer for everyone else. Celebrity should be offering the same incentives to all their customers no matter where they reside instead of assuming that UK residents are not interested in cruising further afield than Europe, or simply don't want a Fly/Cruise anywhere else worldwide. A good incentive like the US offer would open up the market by encouraging UK residents to travel further, and possibly keep on doing so, and rebooking with Celebrity.

I have booked my next cruise (Caribbean) because that is where I want to go. Many UK residents have holidayed in Europe and as great as cruising is they can take trips and short breaks to most of the places on the itineries if they want to. But a Caribbean, Pacific or Far East cruise is something different and Celebrity should be encouraging this rather than making us feel like second class citizens. Yes it does leave a bad taste in the mouth.

Jackiepaul and others....of course it's legal.

Have you ever considered that nearly ever person in a given train compartment paid a different price for their ticket? seniors, students, employees, return trip tickets, one way tickets, and how many other pricing strategies can you come up with.

Same with airlines. Last minute tickets, 21day advance purchase, employees, family of employees, frequent flees, they all pay different amounts for their seats

The offer in the UK, starting today, appears to be ONLY on the Eclipse from Southampton....and only one choice of the 3 offers. I agree with Cruisestitch, of course it's legal, also it's their game so they can set the rules. That doesn't mean we have to like it or agree with it. We are on a 14 night Asia cruise in April, the US cruisers are all changing their bookings to take advantage of the 123 offer...We are lucky to be cruising again in October, again, fellow US passengers are having the 123 offer added to their booking. Yes, it does leave a nasty taste.

Sue

I am not going to debate the rights and wrongs of this particular situation, however

1 I very much doubt there will be consistency of airfare pricing on the plane I take to and from my cruise

2. Prices do go up and down - ever bought that dress or that tin of beans or whatever and found there is a special offer on it the next week - still like the dress and ate the beans

2. Maybe I am hitting a stage of too much information available - so I booked at a price I was happy to pay....................

and I cannot know everything ( like I also do not know what other perks or incentives my fellow cruiser got or the price they paid)

so rightly or wrongly, I will just relax and enjoy my cruise. And as ever, when I come to book my next cruise I will do my research at that point in time which is absolutely the right thing to do

I am not going to debate the rights and wrongs of this particular situation, however

1 I very much doubt there will be consistency of airfare pricing on the plane I take to and from my cruise

2. Prices do go up and down - ever bought that dress or that tin of beans or whatever and found there is a special offer on it the next week - still like the dress and ate the beans

2. Maybe I am hitting a stage of too much information available - so I booked at a price I was happy to pay....................

and I cannot know everything ( like I also do not know what other perks or incentives my fellow cruiser got or the price they paid)

so rightly or wrongly, I will just relax and enjoy my cruise. And as ever, when I come to book my next cruise I will do my research at that point in time which is absolutely the right thing to do

Without doubt the voice of reason:) But I still can't stop myself stamping my foot and saying "Not fair";)

Sue

Archived