Suite Guarantee - Is there a change in availability?

mdv31616

Does anyone know if Celebrity has changed their strategy in offering Suite Guarantees? Except for the Reflection Feb 2, I am not seeing any suite guarantees offered for any Caribbean sailings. We usually book a guarantee and they seem to be nonexistent. I realize this is based on availability and the 10+ night cruises have limited or no suites left. However the Reflection and Silhouette have several suites left in all classes in mid Feb and mid March. There aren't any price reductions in February offered either. With 2 weeks before sailing, Celebrity doesn't seem to be discounting rooms to try and sell them. Anyone know if Mr. Bayley has a new plan?

We booked a suite Guaranty on the Dec 8, 2012 sailing of Summit from San Juan. We only booked about 3 weeks out and it had been discounted substantially - only a couple of hundred more than a balcony. We didn't get an assignment until the week of the cruise but it was a good one. We were in the suite that ajoins the penthouse suite. It is decorated just like the penthouse and has a huge bathroom and a large deck. Really enjoyed it.

X usually doesn't offer gtys unless they are cutting the price and trying to sell out a category. We have recently started booking the lowest we can be happy with then wait for Gtys to open up. On our Summit cruise last month we booked an 04 OV, when gtys opened up we jumped to a Suite gty and wound up in a RS, best cabin and service yet.

Good Luck

Wow, an RS from a W gty? That would be incredible!

I've been checking every day and hoping for them to open a W for my Reflection sailing, but we're 18 days out and still nothing with lots of availability. I'm disappointed but at least we have a nice hump C2 cabin anyway.

We took advantage of a suite guarantee for our December East Bound Panama Canal Cruise on the Century. It was a great benefit for us.

The suite guarantee was not available when we did our original booking. Then when we were about sixty days from the departure date the suite guarantee popped up. It was only available for one afternoon and part of the next day then it went away. So the bottom line is that you have check often for this offer.

Once I saw it I called our TA immediately and she took over from there. We ended up in a SkySuite at a very attractive price. Hope that you experience the same good fortune.

:):):)

I've been checking every day and hoping for them to open a W for my Reflection sailing, but we're 18 days out and still nothing with lots of availability. I'm disappointed but at least we have a nice hump C2 cabin anyway.

Good luck :)

There were lots of GTY in January. I agree it's disappointing there have been none in February.

I booked a suite guarantee for Feb 23. on the Reflection. Changed cabins twice and now I'm happy with my location.

I booked a suite guarantee for Feb 23. on the Reflection. Changed cabins twice and now I'm happy with my location.

They are tough to find. I got an email notification (through one of the generic cruise price monitoring services) that the W opened up for our transatlantic in December, IMMEDIATELY called my travel agent, he grabbed it, and they ended up giving me a CS on the Silhouette. Ten minutes later W category was closed again. They did seem to be more available in the past, but now much more limited availability.

Reality of the situation though is you usually get the suite that no one else wants, they usually upsell the "choice" (Royal, Penthouse, Celebrity) suites that remain prior to sailing. Still a great bargain though, even if you get an off location or a structural pole in your suite.

Can you change your cabin once its been assigned?

For guarantees, you usually don't have a lot of room to request a move, since all they are doing is guarantee-ing you a class of cabin, sometimes you only find out your actual cabin location a few days before sailing

That being said, once on board if they do have something available in the same category they usually will switch you

Can you change your cabin once its been assigned?

I did it - twice - until I was happy with my location. I checked the web site daily and when better cabins were available I called Celebrity to change. No problem...

For guarantees, you usually don't have a lot of room to request a move, since all they are doing is guarantee-ing you a class of cabin, sometimes you only find out your actual cabin location a few days before sailing

That being said, once on board if they do have something available in the same category they usually will switch you

I guess I was lucky because I got my stateroom number right after final payment. I didn't like it so I kept checking availability and when better ones showed up I called in.

• 4 months later...

I am so nervous, I just gave up a great cabin to upgrade to a suite gty for my cruise that departs in 15 days. All of the suite cabins that are showing available are great cabins but I can't help but wonder does Celebrity "hide" less desirable cabins when they open gty's to entice people to book? The gty rate has been available for a few weeks now and they keep steadily dropping the price, it finally dropped to a level I could live with, hoping I made the right decision.

Remember that in general the best locations on the ship are reserved for suites. Good luck and please come back and let us know how it worked out! And also, when you get your assignment, if there is one in the identical category that you prefer, you can almost always ask them to switch you.

Remember that in general the best locations on the ship are reserved for suites. Good luck and please come back and let us know how it worked out! And also, when you get your assignment, if there is one in the identical category that you prefer, you can almost always ask them to switch you.

Thanks, I will! I know you can usually switch but we sail in 15 days and I am worried that they will wait until they have sold enough gty's to cover all the openings and then assign them all at once. At any rate the only ones showing available are on the aft and I LOVE the aft, just worried that there are some they don't show, even though I have checked other websites too.

I am so nervous, I just gave up a great cabin to upgrade to a suite gty for my cruise that departs in 15 days. All of the suite cabins that are showing available are great cabins but I can't help but wonder does Celebrity "hide" less desirable cabins when they open gty's to entice people to book? The gty rate has been available for a few weeks now and they keep steadily dropping the price, it finally dropped to a level I could live with, hoping I made the right decision.

Hi Wednesday. Congratulations! We had a suite on the Summit last December and really enjoyed it. Just curious - when you moved to the Suite Gty, were you able to keep the incentives you received when you originally booked? For example, the drink package, OBC, or gratuities. Thanks. David

Hi Wednesday. Congratulations! We had a suite on the Summit last December and really enjoyed it. Just curious - when you moved to the Suite Gty, were you able to keep the incentives you received when you originally booked? For example, the drink package, OBC, or gratuities. Thanks. David

Thanks:)! I am really sorry, I am just seeing this:( I hope you called Celebrity and asked! We were able to keep the 1,2,3 promo. Did you upgrade too?

Anyway I came to report on my cabin assignment:D We got 2148, soooooo happy!:D:D:D

Thanks:)! I am really sorry, I am just seeing this:( I hope you called Celebrity and asked! We were able to keep the 1,2,3 promo. Did you upgrade too?

Anyway I came to report on my cabin assignment:D We got 2148, soooooo happy!:D:D:D

Since the 123 promotion clearly stated that it did not include the Gty. Category you are fortunate. Perhaps they loosen the requirement with an upgrade after final payment?

Enjoy your suite and good luck on you cabin assignment.

Since the 123 promotion clearly stated that it did not include the Gty. Category you are fortunate. Perhaps they loosen the requirement with an upgrade after final payment?

Enjoy your suite and good luck on you cabin assignment.

Thanks, I didn't have to fight or haggle and was told by several different agents that the gty rate was a 5 star rate and applied with the 1,2,3 promo. I got an awesome cabin 2148 and still have my drink package and OBC. I'm very happy that my gamble paid off!:)

Can't imagine that celebrity hides any cabins. Their booking system isn't that sophisticated. They can barely show available cabins under the best of circumatances

LOL, isn't that the truth!

Archived