Flight Guidance needed

Ms. T

I've heard many stories as to when to book flights. Been looking at flights since I booked my cruise. When did you or will you book your flight for your cruise?:confused:

As soon as flights are available and I find a price I can live with!

Like the stock market, I don't try to find the point when the price is lowest. Once my cruise is booked, I monitor flight prices for a couple of weeks to get a feel for the approximate range of cost, then I look for a reasonable cost on the flight(s) that I want. For me, having the right plane on the right route is more important than worrying about $100 or so - but I'm a solo person, and that $100 is just $100; if I was booking for a family of 6, I might need to watch prices more carefully.

Like the stock market, I don't try to find the point when the price is lowest. Once my cruise is booked, I monitor flight prices for a couple of weeks to get a feel for the approximate range of cost, then I look for a reasonable cost on the flight(s) that I want. For me, having the right plane on the right route is more important than worrying about $100 or so - but I'm a solo person, and that $100 is just $100; if I was booking for a family of 6, I might need to watch prices more carefully.

This is excellent advice, and, with modifications, what we do. The modifications - first, if possible, start looking at airfares before you can book them. Second, look at them for a month or more, on different days each week. And we fly on vacation 4-8 times a year. If you are talking business travel, this advice doesn't apply.

There is NO magic price. NO special day, or time to book. You just have to do the research.

I agree with what everyone says, plus I would add that it's not just price, but times and perhaps connecting airports. I live in WI and I would much rather fly through Atlanta than New Jersey on my way to Florida! Also, something might LOOK like a good flight, but once you research it, you find that to get the times you need the price goes up. One flight I thought looked cheap jumped 200$ pp when I picked a flight time after 12. So, research for a couple of weeks, check all the airlines that fly around you and get a price you can live with in mind, if you see it...grab it. I just booked our September cruie for 261.00 a person, I thought that was reasonable, plus the times are great and it is through Atlanta. I feel good about that..book something you feel good about.

Archived