Blue Lagoon on Embarkation day?

pris993

I love Blue Lagoon! However, I have never seen them opened during embarkation. :( Later on in the day, but not as you board the ship. Remember an alternative to the buffet chaos is one of the MDRs will be opened for lunch, depending on which ship you are on. :)

yes the Blue Lagoon is open on embarkation day!! On the December 22 sailing of the Gem I couldn't wait for the wings.

Good to know! Maybe it depends on the ship, but it was not open on the Star for our September sailing. :( Worth checking out when you get onboard. Thanks.....

This was awhile back in Sept. 2011, but Blue Lagoon was open for lunch starting around noon on the Star. This is when it was in the old location opposite Red Lion Pub.

Best to find a Daily from a recent sailing for your ship and check the last page to see what time it opens on the first day typically.

It's one of those "sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't" things. I can't recall the Blue Lagoon being open on embarkation day on any of my cruises prior to the completion of the lifeboat drill, but clearly some posters have seen it open.

The only way to know for sure is to look at the Freestyle Daily you're handed at check in. The answer may be different even on the same ship depending on the itinerary or even who the food and beverage manager or hotel director is on your particular cruise.

Archived