Cafe Promenade Menu

goldgirl2

Hi, Is there a Cafe Promenade on the Freedom? I remember Sorrentos but I don't remember Cafe Promenade. Did I miss it? Or was it the same place:confused:

Yes, there is a Cafe Promenade on Freedom. Aft, port side. Sorrento's is forward, starboard side.

I'm not very good at posting pix and videos here on CC, but I have at least one video and many pix of the offerings at the Cafe Promenade. Bear with me and I'll try to post the video...if that fails, I'll dig through my photo files from past cruises and try to post some of those pictures for you...

Okay, I have the video on my iPhone and can email it to myself or others, but I can't figure out how to post it here...so I'll go looking for pix of all the taste delights available at the CP...

I was wondering is the Lemon Pound Cake like the ones they serve at Starbucks or at Seattle's Best Coffee(Borders Cafe) . Are the Toffee Nut Cookies like the ones at Seattle's Best Coffee. I had really good Toffee Nut Cookies when I used to go to Borders at their Seattle's Best Coffee shop. Darn how I miss them.

Please post photos of the Promenade Offerings. Thanks

I so wish I knew about Cafe Promenade on our last cruise on the Liberty. We really only noticed it on our last sea day. We walked past it a lot during the cruise, but I always thought it was a paid restaurant. All we did was grab a few cookies, because we heard from other pax that they were very good (and they were - especially fresh)

So, I have a few questions too:

1. Can you take a dozen cookies/bars, etc back to your cabin? Do they provide small boxes, or bags of some sort?

2. Is it considered bad form to take more than you would eat in one sitting (related to question #1).

What I'm thinking is... since we do early dining, and then go see the shows, we get back to the cabin a good 5 or more hours after dinner, so a nice quick snack hits the spot. As well, when we get back from excursions, having a few hours to kill before dinner, we can grab a cookie.

But, I really don't want to take a dozen cookies back to my cabin if it's "bad form". If they only bake enough for the casual person to walk up and take 1-2 cookies, then people taking too many will deplete their supply.

Anyone have any experience with this?

It's still open, you'd be better off to just go back whenever you want and get FRESH cookies. :)

We'll be on the Mariner of the Seas on March 3rd (1st RCI cruise) and this sounds promising. I think our room is pretty close, too. I'm all about 24/7 cookies. It'll go well with the free soft serve near the pool. :D

Just a warning on the soft serve.

On our Mariner cruise, every time my mother passed the soft serve she got some. Sometimes 2 or 3 in one day. Got home from the cruise and she had added 5 pounds worth of soft serve to herself ;):D.

Theresa

Love the shrimp salad sandwiches. Now if I could only find where I wrote down what day them have them:rolleyes::eek:

Oh, those shrimp salad sandwiches are my absolute #1 favorite on the ship.

My roommate became addicted to the coconut cookies on our Adventure cruise two years ago.

No way.... It's my cruise - you didn't pay for me, so don't tell me I need to show restraint. :rolleyes:

Woah, simmer... simmer... if you noticed all of my little squealing smilies at the end of my comment, it was meant tongue-in-cheek. Of course I know it's your cruise and I didn't "pay for you". I think you've taken this far too seriously and literally, and bitten my head off in the process. Gee. :(

Enjoy your vacation.

Woah, simmer... simmer... if you noticed all of my little squealing smilies at the end of my comment, it was meant tongue-in-cheek. Of course I know it's your cruise and I didn't "pay for you". I think you've taken this far too seriously and literally, and bitten my head off in the process. Gee. :(

Enjoy your vacation.

LOL, naaaaaw, we're all good. I was attempting to go way overboard on my reaction to your restraint post. I was hoping my way-overboard attitude would be obvious, but if not - that's why I added the "sarcastic" smiley at the end. No damage- we're good.

Are ALL food and drink (regular coffee, tea and water) complimentary at the Promenade Café?

Is lemonade available and complimentary also?

Yes, all food and drinks are complimentary.

Regarding lemonade, I've rarely seen it at Cafe Promenade.

Some ships (Voyager class) have a combination ice cream / specialty coffee venue right next to Cafe Promenade, so that you might think those items were free also, which they are not.

There's free regular and decaf coffee, hot water for a large assortment tea and packaged hot chocolate (all of which are free), and ice water. There's sugar packets, sugar subsitute packets and creamers, along with packets of mayo, mustard, relish, etc. to put on the sandwiches.

On the Freedom, there's also a section of Italian offerings that's also adjacent to the Cafe Promenade and the food is also free.

Seattle's Best coffee (but not in my opinion!) is adjacent to the Promenade Cafe on some ships.

Not sure about other ships, but I can tell ya about the Navigator and Freedom's Cafe Promenades...I've spent a lot of time there, and taken lots of cookies and hot chocolate back to my cabin to enjoy later!;);)

Archived