Live on Voyager of the Seas! Changes in Concierge Lounge

OzKruser

Hi All

We are on board Voyager of the Seas in Sydney ready for 28 nights on board.

We headed up to meet the concierge in the lounge and have been advised that our son can't come in with us during the evening happy hour.

On Radiance he was allowed as long as he was with us and we'll behaved.

This concierge won't allow it due to alcohol being served and said it is adults only.

Funny though that we can go to any bar on the ship and he can sit with us but not in there.

So we will have 28 nights where we won't get the use if the free drinks in the evening. My husband is not impressed.

He is going to enquire about it with guest relations and see what they say.

Anyone else has this happen?

Please no hate posts..,,

On Radiance he was allowed as long as he was with us and we'll behaved....This concierge won't allow it due to alcohol being served and said it is adults only.... So we will have 28 nights where we won't get the use if the free drinks in the evening.

How old is your son?

Also, I think you answered your own question - seems as though some Concierges will allow it, others will not.

Our son is 9.

I think it might be a ship to ship thing which is inconsistent.

Another change I just found out is that on Radiance we were allowed to watch the pay per view in room movies burn ally charged at $12, and the concierge would void them from our account. We were allowed one per day. This concierge says they only offer DVDs that you can borrow.

It is hard when you have an expectation that is not consistent from ship to ship as a suite guest.

Our son is 9.

I think it might be a ship to ship thing which is inconsistent.

Another change I just found out is that on Radiance we were allowed to watch the pay per view in room movies burn ally charged at $12, and the concierge would void them from our account. We were allowed one per day. This concierge says they only offer DVDs that you can borrow.

It is hard when you have an expectation that is not consistent from ship to ship as a suite guest.

We've NEVER experienced that with ppv movies. Was it always the same concierge? Your son can go to AO at 7 which leaves you an hour and a half to enjoy your free drinks. Actually, you could each go in for a quick predinner drink if you want. Heck, at 9 it would probably be fine to leave him for a half hour before dinner if you want to have a predinner drink together.

We were on Voyager back in January and children of all ages were welcome in the Concierge Club at all times. Our daughter is 14 but there were many children younger than her in there. They were served soft drinks.

I dont know about the PPV movies but we did borrow DVD's from the Concierge.

They changed concierges after our cruise so maybe the new one is not aware of the rules. I agree with you that you should check it out with guest relations. There are some chairs just outside the lounge maybe you can sit there. When we were on board they allowed the drinks to be taken out there.

My opinion is (and I know others have other opinions on this but) you have paid for your son to be in a suite & therefore he is able to take advantage of all the benefits and I am sure you want to share this time together.

Enjoy your cruise

Dashman

If you are definitely talking about the CONCIERGE Lounge, and not the DIAMOND Lounge, Royal Caribbean has most decisively said that well-behaved children are allowed there when accompanying their parents.

You can cite Adam Goldstein's blog to the concierge, if you like. :)

Unfortunately I think it´s just a glitch and something about this Concierge, but it would be phantastic news if it´s an indication RCI reverses their rule change about kids in the CL.

I would be thrilled if kids were banned again on my upcoming cruise.

I did see something in the compendium in small writing on the back page of the suites flier regarding no underage in the CL during the 5-8.30 cocktail hours - I think? You might find it has been some others that spoilt it for those following.

The flier also mentioned chocolate on pillow at night (or similar wording), which apparently has not been the done thing since the Voyager got to Australia. Many things are different for Australia, it seems to us anyhow.

Edited by kjsmith63

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All

We headed up to meet the concierge in the lounge and have been advised that our son can't come in with us during the evening happy hour.

This concierge won't allow it due to alcohol being served and said it is adults only.

Funny though that we can go to any bar on the ship and he can sit with us but not in there.

So we will have 28 nights where we won't get the use if the free drinks in the evening. My husband is not impressed.

Anyone else has this happen?

Please no hate posts..,,

Here ya go. Give this to the Concierge.............This is directly from Adam Goldstein's blog.......

------------------

New Concierge Lounge Policy effective 9/1/2011

Royal Caribbean International offers the Concierge Lounge as an exclusive benefit for our guests in Grand Suites or higher category staterooms, as well as Crown & Anchor Society’s Diamond Plus- and Pinnacle- level members. Recently, we updated two Concierge Lounge policies in order to reflect the desires of our guests who have access to the lounge.

Eligible guests under the age of 21 may now join their parents or guardians in the lounge after 5:00 p.m. Formerly, eligible guests under the age of 21 could accompany their parents until 5:00 p.m. Additionally, we have adjusted our dress code that previously required formal or evening attire to now include smart casual attire after 5:00 p.m.

Royal Caribbean International is dedicated to providing a pleasant and relaxing environment in the Concierge Lounge for the enjoyment of all our lounge guests. Each ship’s Concierge Staff is responsible for maintaining decorum and enforcing adherence to the lounge policies to ensure a welcoming atmosphere at all times for all of our top suite and top loyalty program-member guests.

The Concierge Lounge benefit is one of the many ways that Royal Caribbean International recognizes our top suite and top loyalty program-member guests for choosing to sail with us.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi OzKruser

Now that you have finished your cruise (hope you had a great time) I would love to know how this went? Did you sort it out & convince the concierge that your son was allowed in the CL?

Dashman

Hi Dashman, we didn't push it in the end. The lounge on Voyager is not very nice anyway and we didn't think we would like it in there. Nothing compared to the one in Radiance. Still annoying though.

It is on deck nine, small and no views or natural light. The one in Radiance was a pleasure to sit in.

Sorry I couldn't provide more info.

The few times I've been able to enjoy "happy hour" in the Concierge Lounge I've enjoyed the adults only. You see kids all over the ship, taking over the elevators, running by the pool, ect. It's nice to get away for an hour and not have to see/hear any children. But thats just my view and I am pleased they enforce the policy.

The few times I've been able to enjoy "happy hour" in the Concierge Lounge I've enjoyed the adults only. You see kids all over the ship, taking over the elevators, running by the pool, ect. It's nice to get away for an hour and not have to see/hear any children. But thats just my view and I am pleased they enforce the policy.

Actually, the policy is to allow children in the CL. I guess we will never know why this was the exception to the rule.

Royal Caribbean International offers the Concierge Lounge as an exclusive benefit for our guests in Grand Suites or higher category staterooms, as well as Crown & Anchor Society’s Diamond Plus- and Pinnacle- level members. Recently, we updated two Concierge Lounge policies in order to reflect the desires of our guests who have access to the lounge. Eligible guests under the age of 21 may now join their parents or guardians in the lounge after 5:00 p.m. Formerly, eligible guests under the age of 21 could accompany their parents until 5:00 p.m. Additionally, we have adjusted our dress code that previously required formal or evening attire to now include smart casual attire after 5:00 p.m.

Royal Caribbean International is dedicated to providing a pleasant and relaxing environment in the Concierge Lounge for the enjoyment of all our lounge guests. Each ship’s Concierge Staff is responsible for maintaining decorum and enforcing adherence to the lounge policies to ensure a welcoming atmosphere at all times for all of our top suite and top loyalty program-member guests. The Concierge Lounge benefit is one of the many ways that Royal Caribbean International recognizes our top suite and top loyalty program-member guests for choosing to sail with us.

Here ya go. Give this to the Concierge.............This is directly from Adam Goldstein's blog.......

------------------

Royal Caribbean International offers the Concierge Lounge as an exclusive benefit for our guests in Grand Suites or higher category staterooms, as well as Crown & Anchor Society’s Diamond Plus- and Pinnacle- level members. Recently, we updated two Concierge Lounge policies in order to reflect the desires of our guests who have access to the lounge.

Eligible guests under the age of 21 may now join their parents or guardians in the lounge after 5:00 p.m. Formerly, eligible guests under the age of 21 could accompany their parents until 5:00 p.m. Additionally, we have adjusted our dress code that previously required formal or evening attire to now include smart casual attire after 5:00 p.m.

Royal Caribbean International is dedicated to providing a pleasant and relaxing environment in the Concierge Lounge for the enjoyment of all our lounge guests. Each ship’s Concierge Staff is responsible for maintaining decorum and enforcing adherence to the lounge policies to ensure a welcoming atmosphere at all times for all of our top suite and top loyalty program-member guests.

The Concierge Lounge benefit is one of the many ways that Royal Caribbean International recognizes our top suite and top loyalty program-member guests for choosing to sail with us.

Hi Patti.

for some time now I have marvelled at you knowing everything and RCI - you always come up trumps for people...always helpful and pleasant.

I hope we bump in to each othe on a cruise one day :)

Jean

Edited by Jeannie333333

Hi All

Anyone else has this happen

Please no hate posts..,,

If you come back to this thread I would appreciate the name of your concierge if you don't care to carry this forward. I understand you choosing not to push the issue for your reasons stated, but it needs to be addressed for future suite passengers with children who want them with them as currently allowed.

All levels of cruisers on RCCL are very passionate about the benefits afforded them and expect delivery on those promises. That is as it should be and this issue is one of those promised benefits that need to be delivered on.

It is probably a simple misunderstanding of the rules in place and an easy fix.

If you come back to this thread I would appreciate the name of your concierge if you don't care to carry this forward. I understand you choosing not to push the issue for your reasons stated, but it needs to be addressed for future suite passengers with children who want them with them as currently allowed.

All levels of cruisers on RCCL are very passionate about the benefits afforded them and expect delivery on those promises. That is as it should be and this issue is one of those promised benefits that need to be delivered on.

It is probably a simple misunderstanding of the rules in place and an easy fix.

This is the info I have for the concierge on the VY......would love to know if it's still correct..

VY Voyager -(Concierge)Jayeon Hong(Yangyang Qi end of March)

Hi Patti.

for some time now I have marvelled at you knowing everything and RCI - you always come up trumps for people...always helpful and pleasant.

I hope we bump in to each othe on a cruise one day :)

Jean

Thanks so much Jean for the kind words. I try.:o:p