Reflecting on our Reflection cruise

wbrumel

There is really nothing left to say by way of info/review that hasn't been covered in librarylady's comprehensive treatise on the Reflection, but I wanted to add my quick comments.

We have taken over 30 cruises on various lines and I can unhesitatingly say that our cruise last week had the best food and service on the nicest ship that we've been on in many, many years. The crew are friendly and well trained. The entertainment, esp the production shows, was excellent. We never had trouble finding a deck chair or table to eat at, or seats at a bar. This was our first AquaClass experience, and certainly won't be our last - primarily due to the great food/service at Blu. Never waited more than 5 minutes for a table. We arrived on time in each port. In fact, we had none of the "issues" that the CC complainers have been whining about.

Go and enjoy this wonderful ship and her outstanding crew.

There is really nothing left to say by way of info/review that hasn't been covered in librarylady's comprehensive treatise on the Reflection, but I wanted to add my quick comments.

We have taken over 30 cruises on various lines and I can unhesitatingly say that our cruise last week had the best food and service on the nicest ship that we've been on in many, many years. The crew are friendly and well trained. The entertainment, esp the production shows, was excellent. We never had trouble finding a deck chair or table to eat at, or seats at a bar. This was our first AquaClass experience, and certainly won't be our last - primarily due to the great food/service at Blu. Never waited more than 5 minutes for a table. We arrived on time in each port. In fact, we had none of the "issues" that the CC complainers have been whining about.

Go and enjoy this wonderful ship and her outstanding crew.

On the same cruise and can certainly agree. Blu was wonderful! Shows were among the very best I've seen. Super Bowl Party was over the top.

In fact, we had none of the "issues" that the CC complainers have been whining about.

That's good to hear, although it simply means that teething problems with the new ship/crew have probably been ironed out with the passage of time, not that they weren't there before your cruise.

So glad you had a great cruise too! How I miss Blu :(. Did you get to meet Mustafa?

Please post a cabin report when you have time.

Mustafa is wonderful. I've known him from past cruises. Jose Contraras, one of the very best, was also in Blu. Ante and Johnny were excellent. Jean Paul took over as Chef in Blu. Looking forward to returning on April 20th for the TA.

On the same cruise and can certainly agree. Blu was wonderful! Shows were among the very best I've seen. Super Bowl Party was over the top.

What did they do for the SuperBowl? I have only sailed Summit on

game day...curious as to what they do on an S class ship?:)

What did they do for the SuperBowl? I have only sailed Summit on

game day...curious as to what they do on an S class ship?:)

Hi Lois:

Showed game in Theater. Half the stage filled with baloons with Ravens colors,half with SF colors. Banners and baloons everywhere. A riser came form the stage whenever there was a score. Food was available at the back. Included wings, hot dogs, cheeseburgers, snacks. There was a large cake representing each team. I've been on ships during the game, but never viewed anything to rival this. Sue Richardson told me that having an American CD was the key to understanding what fans wanted.

Mustafa is wonderful. I've known him from past cruises. Jose Contraras, one of the very best, was also in Blu. Ante and Johnny were excellent. Jean Paul took over as Chef in Blu. Looking forward to returning on April 20th for the TA.

They obviously took the best of the best for Blu on Reflection! Jose Contreras (gotta love that name!) was great too - always so cheerful!

Hi Lois:

Showed game in Theater. Half the stage filled with baloons with Ravens colors,half with SF colors. Banners and baloons everywhere. A riser came form the stage whenever there was a score. Food was available at the back. Included wings, hot dogs, cheeseburgers, snacks. There was a large cake representing each team. I've been on ships during the game, but never viewed anything to rival this. Sue Richardson told me that having an American CD was the key to understanding what fans wanted.

That sounds like a lot of fun!!

Just booked a 7 night cruise on Reflection and can't wait, but will have to as we don't sail until 2014 - sounds such a long way away. They say good things are worth waiting for.

It all sounds wonderful, and although it is a long way to travel from Australia, we are really looking forward to it!

We can't wait to sample Blu - are we there yet????

Thanks for the reviews.

Nicki

Hi Lois:

Sounds like it was a lot of fun:)

Did not meet Mustafa. We were served, quite excellently, by "Dr. V" with assistance from Iryna and Marina and Alla, overseen by Johnny, who is wonderful.

We also just returned yesterday and were served in Blue by "Dr. V". He was very attentive and made sure everything was wonderful. When we went for breakfast no matter where we were seated, he waited on us!! It was a wonderful cruise ... wish I was still there!!

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. We are sailing in 13 days with my sister in law & her husband for their first cruise, can't wait! Quick question, do the Reflection cabins have iPod docks?

We were on Reflection last week and our Sky Suite had one. Had friends in a regular balcony cabin but cannot recall if they said they had one also, or if it was a suite perk.

Archived