VIFP Red?

donoiv

Going on my second cruise with Carnival... looks like I am VIFP "Red"... all I get is a newsletter and a breakfast??? Isn't breakfast already included???

I expected that I would get additional perks for coming back... like a day of free drinks... or special seats at the shows... or priority boarding while in port.

What's up Carnival??? Going downhill... and fast!

Going on my second cruise with Carnival... looks like I am VIFP "Red"... all I get is a newsletter and a breakfast??? Isn't breakfast already included???

I expected that I would get additional perks for coming back... like a day of free drinks... or special seats at the shows... or priority boarding while in port.

No one gives those kinds of perks on just their 2nd cruise... Make it up to Platium and then you get more stuff

Carnival now gives a free drink coupon, up to $9 value to all returning guests, even those on their second cruise.

Blah! one free drink! I am paying out that wazoo for this trip... and I am returning for a second time. I truly deserve more. Special dinner time? Priority seating by the pool? Anything to make me want to come back again?

Wow someone certainly feels entitled here don't they. Second time on a cruise line and you feel like you should be treated like royalty. No cruise line gives those kind of perks to a second time cruiser. I'm sorry for you that you feel entitled to these items on your second cruise. If you feel Carnival is not treating you well enough for a return cruiser feel free to find another line.

Some ships have the Cheers (limit 15) drink package and FTTF you can purchase. For a price you can enjoy perks not available to the angry hordes? Just pack a little more moolah up the wazoo. I was just thinking of posters like you recently, wondering how long and how hard it is to think up these posts.

Wow someone certainly feels entitled here don't they. Second time on a cruise line and you feel like you should be treated like royalty. No cruise line gives those kind of perks to a second time cruiser. I'm sorry for you that you feel entitled to these items on your second cruise. If you feel Carnival is not treating you well enough for a return cruiser feel free to find another line.

It's attitudes like this that allows them to keep treating returning passengers like this... if we call band together and let them know that we aren't going to take it any more, maybe they will change their attitude.

Blah! one free drink! I am paying out that wazoo for this trip... and I am returning for a second time. I truly deserve more. Special dinner time? Priority seating by the pool? Anything to make me want to come back again?

Once you make gold then you get into the past guest party. And Platuim you get even more. Why do you feel you should get more perks than someone who has cruised more than you?

It's attitudes like this that allows them to keep treating returning passengers like this... if we call band together and let them know that we aren't going to take it any more, maybe they will change their attitude.

Go on a diffrent cruise line and pay for a full suite and then you can get all the perks you want and then some even on your 1st and or 2nd cruise.

Go on a diffrent cruise line and pay for a full suite and then you can get all the perks you want and then some even on your 1st and or 2nd cruise.

Yeah, even booking a suite on Carnival will get you Priority boarding. Money helps cure many insecurities.

Carnival doesn't care what you paid for your trip, only how many days/trips you've spent with them. Whether you've spent 15 trips with them in 1As or 15 trips in the biggest suites, you'd get the same perks.

You'll get your free drink for coming back for your second time. Enjoy it.

I expected that I would get additional perks for coming back... like a day of free drinks... or special seats at the shows... or priority boarding while in port. I see you've been on 2 Princess and one Royal Caribbean cruise. Did they offer you what you expect on Carnival? I'm sure they didn't because it would be next to impossible to offer that to everybody that has been on more than one cruise with that line. Drinks are one place where the cruise industry makes their money. How can you give 25% of the people priority boarding or special seat at the shows.

How can you say they are going downhill when they never offered it to begin with?

I'm hoping that this posting is just one of those to get the masses stirred up. If so, you've accomplished what you set out to do.

Really??? only on the second. Wow, okay pay for a suite and you will get perks. We get perks as hubby has sailed 11 cruises on Carnival and 9 for me. Our next cruise I will be Platinum. But didn't expect those perks until I sailed 10 cruise, of course after Dec 2013. It's going to take us a long time to get to 200 days for Diamond, but expect those perks until "if" and when we get to Diamond... But still will cruise Carnival.

As VIFP Red you will also get "members only offers" such as a "red" safe in your stateroom - and when using the spa area, you will find your SAS card will only open the red lockers.;)

I will say this at least, Donoiv, your threads have been consistently entertaining to those who don't rile easily.

Archived